USMB Coffee Shop IV

Well, I'm 28 pages behind and there is little hope of catching up. Maybe someone could offer up a synopsis of the last 28 days?

I did notice Foxy's prayer list last night and apparently celebrated National Melba Toast Day and National Chip and Dip Day one day early.
I really must keep myself better informed. God forbid that tomorrow is National Boneless Rib Eye Day.

Welcome back Ernie. Been missing you. :)

We're celebrating national puppy day with Carly, the mini dachshund, who will be with us through the weekend.

And don't worry about catching up. The Coffee Shop is kind of like I imagine Doc's is. . .you just drop in and pick up from the point you come in. Shoot I'm here almost every day and I still miss posts now and then.

It's been a freaky week! As most of you know, we have Texas Hold 'en tournaments at Doc Holliday's 3 times a week. Saturday, we learned that the grandson of a couple that plays regularly had passed at 21 due to a blood clot in his brain.
3 weeks earlier, he had been helping replace the very large engine in a boat and was run over by a fork lift. He suffered a compound fracture to his left tibia and fibula. He had stopped taking the prescribed blood thinners that should have kept clots from forming.
Fast forward to Wednesday. We are in the midst of poker when one of our regulars who had come in on crutches remarked that he felt dizzy. Within seconds, he went into a seizure and was out of it for maybe 5 minutes. An ambulance was called, and while we were waiting, Craig came out of the seizure only to have another shorter one. Paramedics arrive, take an EKG, BP pulse etc. and recommend he hop on the stretcher and head for the hospital.
He refused the ambulance, but agreed to go to the ER if someone else drove him. His driver? The grandfather of the young man who had died 4 days earlier.
Craig was pretty much normal at this point and on the ride, he told Billy why he was on crutches in case he went out again and doctors needed history.
It seems, 3 weeks earlier, he had suffered a compound fracture to his left tibia and fibula when he was run over by a fork lift while working on a boat.

It's been a freaky week! As most of you know, we have Texas Hold 'en tournaments at Doc Holliday's 3 times a week. Saturday, we learned that the grandson of a couple that plays regularly had passed at 21 due to a blood clot in his brain.
3 weeks earlier, he had been helping replace the very large engine in a boat and was run over by a fork lift. He suffered a compound fracture to his left tibia and fibula. He had stopped taking the prescribed blood thinners that should have kept clots from forming.
Fast forward to Wednesday. We are in the midst of poker when one of our regulars who had come in on crutches remarked that he felt dizzy. Within seconds, he went into a seizure and was out of it for maybe 5 minutes. An ambulance was called, and while we were waiting, Craig came out of the seizure only to have another shorter one. Paramedics arrive, take an EKG, BP pulse etc. and recommend he hop on the stretcher and head for the hospital.
He refused the ambulance, but agreed to go to the ER if someone else drove him. His driver? The grandfather of the young man who had died 4 days earlier.
Craig was pretty much normal at this point and on the ride, he told Billy why he was on crutches in case he went out again and doctors needed history.
It seems, 3 weeks earlier, he had suffered a compound fracture to his left tibia and fibula when he was run over by a fork lift while working on a boat.

That's a coincidence that seems hard to believe is a coincidence, yes? Amazing how many injuries involving fork lifts there are too.

Meanwhile, just next door to Ernie in neighboring Florida:

k43G3R8.jpg

Well, I'm 28 pages behind and there is little hope of catching up. Maybe someone could offer up a synopsis of the last 28 days?

I did notice Foxy's prayer list last night and apparently celebrated National Melba Toast Day and National Chip and Dip Day one day early.
I really must keep myself better informed. God forbid that tomorrow is National Boneless Rib Eye Day.

It's been something like this:
28-Days-Later.jpg

We certainly have our collection of miscellaneous cords, cables, connectors etc. from various TVs., old VCR players, old DVD players, music keyboards, and of course lots of now recycled computers, printers, speakers, monitors, etc.

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Nosmo's mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
Kat's sister,
The Ringels in difficult transition
Dana, Foxfyre's friend recovering from heart transplant
Mr. and Mrs. Gracie in difficult transition and wellness for Gracie,
Mr. and Mrs. Peach174 for full recovery from setback,
Strength and stamina for gallantwarrior in his relocation project,
Ringel's injured shoulder and general wellness,
Drifter for the best job ever,
ricechickie for trouble free healing and wellness,
BigBlackDog for comfort and effective treatment
Sixfoot for an accurate diagnosis and wellness,
Sherry's Mom for treatment to be successful, and wellness for Sherry's daughter, her dad, and family.

Wellness for Foxfyre's sister and Hombre's sister
Healing for Ringel and Mrs. R's Gizmo

And we keep the porch light on for all our friends who haven't been here for awhile and we await their return.
On March 24 we observe:
Be Mad Day - March 24, 2018 (Fourth Saturday in March)
Earth Hour - March 24, 2018 at 8:30pm (Worldwide event - turn off your power for 60+ minutes to help save the planet!) (I'll turn mine off for several hours between midnight and dawn)
National Cheesesteak Day
National Chocolate Covered Raisin Day
gourmet-chocolate-covered-raisins.jpg

Okay, this one is a little raunchier than I would normally post, but with apologies. . .

I went to pat my bunny and I had on a coat that has furry sleeves, and he grabbed right on to the sleeve and was VERY excited. I think he thought my coat sleeve was another bunny and was trying to "mount" it. :lol: Oh no you don't, bunny!

We're celebrating national puppy day with Carly, the mini dachshund, who will be with us through the weekend.

And don't worry about catching up. The Coffee Shop is kind of like I imagine Doc's is. . .you just drop in and pick up from the point you come in. Shoot I'm here almost every day and I still miss posts now and then.

Ernie! You are such a stranger around here lately! Hope you are doing well! :)

It was National Puppy Day? How could I not know about that?

iu

We certainly have our collection of miscellaneous cords, cables, connectors etc. from various TVs., old VCR players, old DVD players, music keyboards, and of course lots of now recycled computers, printers, speakers, monitors, etc.

I have a few old computers up in my attic. I just don't really know what to do with them. Lol.

Once again, mr. boe let me have the leftover scone from yesterday!

He is such a gent! If he dressed like Mr. B, I might even call him a CHAP!

I have a few old computers up in my attic. I just don't really know what to do with them. Lol.

We remove and recycle the hard drives--UPS offers that service here--so we don't have to worry about what's on them, and then we donate the computers. Good Will takes them and resells them as a lot of folks will buy them just for the case to build their own computers etc.

Forum List

Back