USMB Coffee Shop IV

Well Happy SPRING! :45:

Today
Cloudy. A chance of snow this afternoon. Cold. Near steady temperature in the lower 30s. Northeast winds 10 to 15 mph with gusts up to 35 mph. Chance of snow 50 percent.

Tonight
Snow. Snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches. Near steady temperature in the lower 30s. North winds 15 to 20 mph with gusts up to 45 mph. Chance of snow near 100 percent.

Thursday
Cloudy. Snow likely in the morning, then a chance of rain and snow showers in the afternoon. Total snow accumulation of 4 to 8 inches possible. Highs in the lower 40s. North winds 15 to 20 mph with gusts up to 35 mph. Chance of precipitation 70 percent.
Today
69 degrees, mostly sunny.

Tomorrow
77 degrees, mostly cloudy

Friday
72 degrees mostly sunny

:eusa_whistle:
Bite me.

We have three inches of snow the day after I put the snow shovel away.

But you have sunny weather. I'll be watering my flower beds later this summer while you will have drought conditions. It all evens out.
Basically we are already in an extreme drought.
Want some snow? I got three niches and it's still falling.

The same was in Moscow in last June! :) But it smells like spring, no matter how low the temperature is now :))) Btw, it's an above zero by C!

I had to log in this morning too--got a very weird screen from which I did that too. Did gremlins invade the works last night?
Looks like the mods and admin have been busy cleaning up something, maybe a bot attack. I haven't seen any of it though.

Today's snow forecast for the east (doesn't include Ky but it is snowing there too):

For today's science lesson, I can't count the times Hombre and I have been together in the office or in the great room watching TV and one or both of us will remark: "I smell rain." And sure enough when we look out it has started to rain or the rain starts shortly.

So it was interesting to me when I ran across this article at the Accuweather site:

Have you ever wondered about what causes the distinct smells you detect in the air before, during and after a rainfall? Scientists say it’s a combination of ozone, petrichor and geosmin.

Before it rains, a person might say that they can smell the storm coming. Their nostrils might be picking up the scent of ozone, or O3. Ozone is a naturally present gas in the atmosphere that gets its name from the Greek word, “ozein,” which means “smell,” according to the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration.

Ozone, which has been described as sweet and pungent-smelling, is brought down by a storm’s downdrafts from higher altitudes to nose level. Its smell can also be detected following a storm.

The pleasant scent that fills the air during a rainfall as raindrops come into contact with the ground is called petrichor, and the term was coined by Australian scientists Isabel Joy Bear and Richard Thomas in 1964. . .​

If you want more, the article is here:
What are you actually smelling when it rains?

My mother claimed to be able to smell snow. For the record the sun is shining in Albuquerque, the temps will climb to near 70 in much of the city today, and it is neither raining nor snowing.

My disability tells me when we a going to have change in weather. Sometimes it's good, most times it's bad.

Depending on the severity of the pain, I can usually tell how bad it is going to be. ..

I haven't done one, but someone thinks I have a Japanese streak...
Suddenly, I had to log in, which I haven't done for years, and a lot of the page, including most of the thread titles, are in Japanese!
Help!

Hi Mousterian. Be sure to read over the OP to see what we are all about here and welcome to the Coffee Shop. First timers receive a complimentary beverage:

barista-style-caramel-coffee-154815-642x428.jpg
Thanks, Foxy. Problem disappeared at next logon (and I ticked the 'stay logged in' button, and that's back to normal too). I posted on this thread, because I wanted a quick answer, and I saw plenty of people active here, and not in an eye-popping rage at the idiocy of other posters.

Mr. P saw the doc this morning.
He has an appt. again in 2 weeks.
That should be the last one.

We have a slight surplus in rain ,for a rare change.
It's been in the 70's for about 2 weeks around here.

We have some type of big predator in the neighborhood.
One of our neighbors dog just got killed a few nights back.
None of the dogs are barking and none of the birds sing in the early morning dawn like they usually do.
Not even the outlying ranch dogs are barking at night. It's eerily quite here at night ,over the last 4 nights or so.
It might be a Cougar or Leopard.
We have had recent sightings around here of both over the last couple of years.

Damn monitor on my Linux desktop just died......, right in the middle of a movie........ I know it's the monitor because I tested other HDMI cords then hooked it up to my Windows desktop all with the same result. Not a happy camper.

Mr. P saw the doc this morning.
He has an appt. again in 2 weeks.
That should be the last one.

We have a slight surplus in rain ,for a rare change.
It's been in the 70's for about 2 weeks around here.

We have some type of big predator in the neighborhood.
One of our neighbors dog just got killed a few nights back.
None of the dogs are barking and none of the birds sing in the early morning dawn like they usually do.
Not even the outlying ranch dogs are barking at night. It's eerily quite here at night ,over the last 4 nights or so.
It might be a Cougar or Leopard.
We have had recent sightings around here of both over the last couple of years.

That's a little scary. You might want to carry a rifle or shotgun with you if you are going to be outdoors a good deal though the big cats usually don't attack humans unless provoked. A lot of dogs don't understand that it is a really bad idea to provoke.

Damn monitor on my Linux desktop just died......, right in the middle of a movie........ I know it's the monitor because I tested other HDMI cords then hooked it up to my Windows desktop all with the same result. Not a happy camper.

Maybe it could be repaired? I have two broken monitors at home too... And I don't want to throw out them, but their repair would cost much more than their price at "auction of old hardware" - I've got them for about 8-10$ per each... :) The same about mobile phones - I have about 8 broken mobiles, gathered during about 15 last years, but how could I throw out them, it's a technique, I can use for something in future... maybe... ^)))

We have an extra 20 inch or maybe 22 inch--not sure--perfectly good monitor that could be hooked up to a laptop with no problem. Would make somebody a very good deal on it. :)

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Nosmo's mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
Kat's sister,
The Ringels in difficult transition
Dana, Foxfyre's friend recovering from heart transplant
Mr. and Mrs. Gracie in difficult transition and wellness for Gracie,
Mr. and Mrs. Peach174 for full recovery from setback,
Strength and stamina for gallantwarrior in his relocation project,
Ringel's injured shoulder and general wellness,
Drifter for the best job ever,
ricechickie for trouble free healing and wellness,
BigBlackDog for comfort and effective treatment
Sixfoot for an accurate diagnosis and wellness,
Sherry's Mom for treatment to be successful, and wellness for Sherry's daughter, her dad, and family.

Wellness for Foxfyre's sister and Hombre's sister
Healing for Ringel and Mrs. R's Gizmo

And we keep the porch light on for all our friends who haven't been here for awhile and we await their return.

As all of us are now very close to or already into March 22, it is National and World Water Day.
wallpaper-water-beautiful-place-volume-gallery.jpg

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for

Nosmo's mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
Kat's sister,
Sherry's Mom for treatment to be successful, and wellness for Sherry's daughter, her dad, and family.

And we keep the porch light on for all our friends who haven't been here for awhile and we await their return.

As all of us are now very close to or already into March 22, it is National and World Water Day.

Good night, but I'm compelled to run in office... And work till evening... :) I WANNA SLEEP TOO!! :)

Maybe it could be repaired? I have two broken monitors at home too... And I don't want to throw out them, but their repair would cost much more than their price at "auction of old hardware" - I've got them for about 8-10$ per each... :) The same about mobile phones - I have about 8 broken mobiles, gathered during about 15 last years, but how could I throw out them, it's a technique, I can use for something in future... maybe... ^)))
It would cost more to fix it besides the monitor is probably fifteen years old which is their average lifespan. No, I don't keep broken stuff, I recycle it.

It would cost more to fix it besides the monitor is probably fifteen years old which is their average lifespan. No, I don't keep broken stuff, I recycle it.

Again I have a 20 or 22 inch monitor here that we aren't using. Would make you a really good deal on it. Like free? We were about to give it away anyway.

Last edited:

Again I have a 20 or 22 inch monitor here that we aren't using. Would make you a really good deal on it.
How old is it?

Nosmo's mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
Kat's sister,

Good night, but I'm compelled to run in office... And work till evening... :) I WANNA SLEEP TOO!! :)

I thought you were like 9 hours ahead of us? But then yes, midnight for me would be early in the work day for you. But then against when we're working, it is already evening and you're kicking back and relaxing there. It all evens out. :)

Again I have a 20 or 22 inch monitor here that we aren't using. Would make you a really good deal on it.
How old is it?

I just edited my post. By a good deal, I mean free. We were going to donate it anyway but I would just as soon you have it. It's probably 2 or 3 years old. . .not sure. . .but works fine so far as I know. Would like somebody who needs it to have it.

How old is it?

I just edited my post. By a good deal, I mean free. We were going to donate it anyway but I would just as soon you have it. It's probably 2 or 3 years old. . .not sure. . .but works fine so far as I know. Would like somebody who needs it to have it.
Sure, thanks!

Forum List

Back