USMB Coffee Shop IV

Good afternoon all. We have a brief lull in activity and I have access to a bit of wifi here at the foot of Magazine Mountain in central Arkansas. And while not freezing and no precipitation (yet), it is colder than a witch's elbow in Arkansas, uncharacteristically so for this time of year. Temps should be in the low 80's and instead are in the low 60's. Disappointing but we are having fun anyway. Okay back to socializing but I'm think about you all. . . .

I want to visit Arkansas someday, I've never been there it looks pretty.

It is pretty especially in the area we are in. Getting up and around and back out to the lake for breakfast. It is brrrrr cold here though. Sure wish it was about 20 degrees warmer. Ya"ll all have a great day.

Good afternoon all. We have a brief lull in activity and I have access to a bit of wifi here at the foot of Magazine Mountain in central Arkansas. And while not freezing and no precipitation (yet), it is colder than a witch's elbow in Arkansas, uncharacteristically so for this time of year. Temps should be in the low 80's and instead are in the low 60's. Disappointing but we are having fun anyway. Okay back to socializing but I'm think about you all. . . .

It is pretty especially in the area we are in. Getting up and around and back out to the lake for breakfast. It is brrrrr cold here though. Sure wish it was about 20 degrees warmer. Ya"ll all have a great day.

Which cities in Arkansas would you consider the most beautiful from a nature scene perspective?

By the way today was Hombre's Birthday and it has been a great one. He rarely ever reads in here. But we will be on the road and in Arkansas for most of the next week so I'm going to wish Drifter a happy birthday early--her birthday is the 20th--as I won't have access to my computer and birthday list, etc. while on the road. I will be able to check in here at the Coffee Shop but it is likely to be hit and miss as internet access will be sketchy.

But Happy Birthday, Drifter, and may there be many more great birthdays to come.

APRIL 20 - HAPPY BIRTHDAY DRIFTER
cute-birthday-cake-beautiful-birthday-cakes-you-can-look-happy-birthday-special-cake-best.jpg

Thanks I am blessed to be born on 420 :lol:
Does your boyfriend like candy? A great birthday gift........... For both of you........ :D

22354.jpg

Which cities in Arkansas would you consider the most beautiful from a nature scene perspective?
1f5b0e0f443822329253ecedc709dc91.jpg

img_3031.jpg

Thanks. I used to hate that my birthday was today because my older sister would call me hitler all day and say happy birthday hitler. It would make me real mad :mad:. But then it became 420 a celebration for stoners, suddenly my birthday was cool. :lol:

Thanks. I used to hate that my birthday was today because my older sister would call me hitler all day and say happy birthday hitler. It would make me real mad :mad:. But then it became 420 a celebration for stoners, suddenly my birthday was cool. :lol:
You should have turned the oven on and threatened her with a shower....... :eusa_whistle:

Another annoying quiz in my coding class. I finished the quiz, went down to my score...11.31/20, an F. WTF? So I went through all of the questions, and what do you know? A bunch of them had answers that were either a section name or a letter/number for the section, and I got them correct, but they were marked incorrect. In fact, looking at those questions, I believe I will have 18.17/20 once the teacher manually grades the quiz, giving me an A. That doesn't even count the few questions I got incorrect but am unsure if they should have been graded as such.

I'm glad that I expect to do well, but I hate that initial shock when I see the grade showing an F. I wish it either didn't give a grade at all, or were set up better to accurately determine if questions were answered correctly.

:banghead:

Hard to say re beauty as there are so many old, really old towns and small cities. Where we are is more just a place--population of the place called Havana is 545. But we were just up on the top of Mount Magazine with magnificent views this afternoon and were out at beautiful Blue Mountain Lake this evening. Arkansas is full of unexpected but delightful places like that. Probably the most interesting and picturesque village is Eureka Springs, population roughly 2,000, in the northwest corner of the state. Worth a visit for sure. Lots of buildings of 3 to 6 or so story height, some with each floor at ground level.

24480bfac71af104c34504613d992083.jpg

tr_5ac2bfa724a19d3a_spcms.jpg

eureka-springs-online-photo-012.jpg

1886-Crescent-Hotel-Spa-_-Fall-Color-_-2016-_-300.jpg

1705ddc65fd8ee454fcba6281ed2fbbe.jpg

tram-tours.jpg

Last edited:
Hope Drifter's birthday was the best ever today.

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Nosmo's mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
Kat's sister,
The Ringels in difficult transition
Dana, Foxfyre's friend recovering from heart transplant
Strength and stamina for gallantwarrior in his relocation project,
Ringel's injured shoulder and general wellness,
Drifter for the best job ever,
ricechickie for trouble free healing and wellness,
BigBlackDog for comfort and effective treatment
TK
Sixfoot for an accurate diagnosis and wellness,
Sherry's Mom for treatment to be successful, and wellness for Sherry's daughter, her dad, and family.

Wellness for Foxfyre's sister and Hombre's sister
Healing for Ringel and Mrs. R's Gizmo
Gracie

Devil's Den State Park, Arkansas
arkansas-166097.jpg

Signing off early tonight darlinks as it will be early to bed and on the road home early tomorrow and I doubt I will log on again until Monday. No change in the vigil list.

Those of you with clear skies don't miss the Lyrid Meteor Shower that peaks tonight and into tomorrow morning. The best viewing time will be just after moon set around midnight--20 meteors per hour and some could be quite prominent lighting much of the sky. Solid overcast and threatening rain here so we'll miss it.

upload_2018-4-21_19-19-33.jpeg

I had a friend whose daughter was born on 4/20/1989 which happens to be the exact 100th anniversary of Hitler's birth. I'm a history buff and knew this immediately, but I don't think he or his wife knew. Oh course, I never said a thing. Turns out his daughter ended being a major stoner so it all worked out in the end. :D

Spring progresses, but it's a messy process. The surface melts first here, including all the accumulated snow. It takes a bit longer for the subsurface ice to thaw, trapping all the melt water on the surface. We've now reached the stage where you will be wading through ankle deep mud and puddles and will break through the rotten ice underneath, plunging almost to you knee into the muck. I hate the mess, the goats hate the mess, the dog won't even come out of her pen! On the other hand, the chickens seem unaffected by the mess. They are taking their free-range status way too seriously. Yesterday, only one red hen greeted me when I came home. The other four were MIA. So, I start listening and watching. These gals talk constantly so I can usually locate them by listening for their chatter. Silence. I start tracking them through the mud and finally locate them a couple hundred yards up the road, in the woods. Herding chickens is somewhat like herding cats. Damned things go ever which way, just not the direction you want them to go. I finally got them safely home and settled into their usual place. I'm thinking free-range might incorporate a large, fenced area.
Wishing all a grand, good morning. This one's going to be sunny and (relatively) warm. Hope the ice goes out soon.

Spring progresses, but it's a messy process. The surface melts first here, including all the accumulated snow. It takes a bit longer for the subsurface ice to thaw, trapping all the melt water on the surface. We've now reached the stage where you will be wading through ankle deep mud and puddles and will break through the rotten ice underneath, plunging almost to you knee into the muck. I hate the mess, the goats hate the mess, the dog won't even come out of her pen! On the other hand, the chickens seem unaffected by the mess. They are taking their free-range status way too seriously. Yesterday, only one red hen greeted me when I came home. The other four were MIA. So, I start listening and watching. These gals talk constantly so I can usually locate them by listening for their chatter. Silence. I start tracking them through the mud and finally locate them a couple hundred yards up the road, in the woods. Herding chickens is somewhat like herding cats. Damned things go ever which way, just not the direction you want them to go. I finally got them safely home and settled into their usual place. I'm thinking free-range might incorporate a large, fenced area.
Wishing all a grand, good morning. This one's going to be sunny and (relatively) warm. Hope the ice goes out soon.

Are chickens even smart enough to notice the mess very much? :p

Are chickens even smart enough to notice the mess very much? :p

They are smart enough to have personalities and figure things out. I had a pet chicken as a kid who followed me around like a dog and would beg for treats. They are not as intelligent as say a cockatoo or dog or cat, but they aren't just blah in the brains department either.

Forum List

Back