USMB Coffee Shop IV

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Nosmo's mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
Kat's sister,
The Ringels in difficult transition
Dana, Foxfyre's friend recovering from heart transplant
Strength and stamina for gallantwarrior in his relocation project,
Ringel's injured shoulder and general wellness,
Drifter for the best job ever,
ricechickie for trouble free healing and wellness,
BigBlackDog for comfort and effective treatment
TK
Sixfoot for an accurate diagnosis and wellness,
Sherry's Mom for treatment to be successful, and wellness for Sherry's daughter, her dad, and family.

Wellness for Foxfyre's sister and Hombre's sister
Healing for Ringel and Mrs. R's Gizmo
Gracie

And we keep the porch light on for all our friends who haven't been here for awhile and we await their return.

May all be experiencing true spring this coming week:
stock-photo-daffodils-and-forsythia-28767223.jpg

My mother in law has a dulcimer that she never really learned to play. She let me borrow it this evening and I came up with this. Honestly....I have never played a dulcimer before. Kind of fun.

The Dulcimer Waves

Not my favorite instrument and not your best work I would say, but pretty impressive for the first time out. :)

G'night, Foxy...and all y'all other goobers, too! It's been a beautiful day here. I spent several hours visiting with my "brother from another mother" and his wonderful wife. Then I came home, did a few chores, and have been enjoying my usual Sunday evening goof-off time. Tomorrow, the weekend chores begin, this time enhanced by ankle deep mud instead of knee deep snow!

In the 90's I remember they had a Piggly Wiggly in Denver.

Piggly Wiggly was the store I grew up with. I don't know if there are any around any more.

Still a lot of them in Tenn. Especially smaller towns. But there's one here in Hillbilly Hollywood. I imagine they sell all that artery destroying stuff that goes into "down home cooking". Hard to find that Country Ham with enough sodium to kill folks in a reasonably short period of time. :badgrin: And the big cans of peanut oil so you can light up with patio while frying that turkey.. :happy-1:

I have a love affair with Publix. One of the great joys of moving to Tenn. No customer loyalty cards, no fancy marketing, just lots of clean well lighted floor space and bargain hunting for the BOGOs..

We have two grocery stores, Safeway and Walmart. :)
That's it. :)

Two is usually enough though. :)

Yes, 2 are just right for our small town.
We just had Safeway for many years, with no competition, their prices were quite high, until Walmart moved in.

There's that too. Without competition, it can get really pricey. You don't want to cut profits so much they can't survive, but it doesn't hurt when they have to compete for your business.

So here's dedication, last night, the automated message comes in calling school off because of an ice storm.

The kid finds out it is going to hit 40 degrees today. What does he do? He takes the shovel down to the park, shovels the snow off the court, and shoots hoops for an hour and a half, comes back and tells me that was a bad idea. Apparently a wet ball doesn't play well.

Only in the north.

So here's dedication, last night, the automated message comes in calling school off because of an ice storm.

The kid finds out it is going to hit 40 degrees today. What does he do? He takes the shovel down to the park, shovels the snow off the court, and shoots hoops for an hour and a half, comes back and tells me that was a bad idea. Apparently a wet ball doesn't play well.

Only in the north.

Dedication and practice (lots of it) and you get to wear this T-shirt...

be-the-one-everyone-wants-to-watch-basketball-tee-men-s-t-shirt.jpg

My mother in law has a dulcimer that she never really learned to play. She let me borrow it this evening and I came up with this. Honestly....I have never played a dulcimer before. Kind of fun.

The Dulcimer Waves

Very good for the 1st time, from a fellow hammered dulcimer player. :)

It's basically tuned to a D chord. Kind of a side ways guitar with 4 strings. No worries, I won't be playing Stairway to Heaven on Dulcimer any time soon. :lol: Still, it's fun to mess around with.

By the way today was Hombre's Birthday and it has been a great one. He rarely ever reads in here. But we will be on the road and in Arkansas for most of the next week so I'm going to wish Drifter a happy birthday early--her birthday is the 20th--as I won't have access to my computer and birthday list, etc. while on the road. I will be able to check in here at the Coffee Shop but it is likely to be hit and miss as internet access will be sketchy.

But Happy Birthday, Drifter, and may there be many more great birthdays to come.

APRIL 20 - HAPPY BIRTHDAY DRIFTER
cute-birthday-cake-beautiful-birthday-cakes-you-can-look-happy-birthday-special-cake-best.jpg

Last edited:
Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Nosmo's mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
Kat's sister,
The Ringels in difficult transition
Dana, Foxfyre's friend recovering from heart transplant
Strength and stamina for gallantwarrior in his relocation project,
Ringel's injured shoulder and general wellness,
Drifter for the best job ever,
ricechickie for trouble free healing and wellness,
BigBlackDog for comfort and effective treatment
TK
Sixfoot for an accurate diagnosis and wellness,
Sherry's Mom for treatment to be successful, and wellness for Sherry's daughter, her dad, and family.

Wellness for Foxfyre's sister and Hombre's sister
Healing for Ringel and Mrs. R's Gizmo
Gracie

And we keep the porch light on for all our friends who haven't been here for awhile and we await their return.
1494337.png

The Dulcimer Waves

Very good for the 1st time, from a fellow hammered dulcimer player. :)

It's basically tuned to a D chord. Kind of a side ways guitar with 4 strings. No worries, I won't be playing Stairway to Heaven on Dulcimer any time soon. :lol: Still, it's fun to mess around with.

That's commonly called a mountain dulcimer.
You play the guitar so it's easier for you to play. :)
I play the piano, so the hammered dulcimer is easier for me to play without lessons. :)
I can't play the guitar, so I would not be able to play the mountain dulcimer without lessons. :biggrin:

Forum List

Back