USMB Coffee Shop IV

Hey guys. Just doing a very quick drive by then off to tv land.
Been in down mode for over a month and just lost all desire to hang out anywhere online although I miss so many here. I just can't bring myself to be debbie downer around y'all, so I stay away.
For those wondering...no. Nothing has changed here. Same shit, different day. I sleep a lot. Watch a bit of tv. Sit outside and listen to birds. Come back in, sleep some more. Blood pressure has been over 200 the past 2 weeks even though I do absolutely nothing to make it so high unless its just the depression doing it. Doc is scratching her head and I don't care one way or another.

See? Debbie Downer/Gloomy Gracie. Who needs to read that shit?

Usually I pull out of it after a day or two but this time..it just seems to be lingering. So...when it does lift...I will be back.

Hugs

Good to hear from you Gracie though I wish things were better for you. How about we all send some positive vibes your way?

Sorry, I haven't posted lately.
I've been doing deep spring cleaning. That includes the rug, drapes and all the closets. :)

We had very heavy winds for the last two days.
It did some damage to the roof tiles, so next week we have the guys who put on the new roof 2 years ago coming to do repairs sometime next week. They will call me on Mon. for the exact day.
I also have the air and heat pump guy coming to clean and do general yearly maintenance on the unit.
Then the week after ,we have a landscaper company coming to give us a quote on getting an all rock yard.
Mr. P put his foot down on me doing the yardwork. :)
He said he couldn't go through like last year watching me suffer like I did with allergies and itching feet and ankles from the weeds.
So we are getting an all rock yard.
Quite a few of our neighbors are getting them.
They look really nice and no more weeds! Yeah!
It's the best solution when you live in middle of nowhere Ville. :biggrin:
For the next two weeks I will be very busy.

I hope everyone is doing well.

I hear that Peach though we do miss you when you're away for so long. And yes the Xeriscaping is a real time saver though it doesn't eliminate all the yard work. We still have to have ours cleaned up occasionally--at least once a year to blow out and sack up all the leaves that blow in as well as the crap that gets stuck in the rocks. You probably won't have as much of that problem without neighbors close by? And we take care of the few weeds that will insist on coming up anyway. But that's no big deal really compared to taking care of a lawn and a lot of landscaping plants that require a lot of attention.

I have raised a few pups in my time and have always had an olde timey alarm clock to sooth the critter at night... I was always told it reminds them of the heart beat of the bitch... It does not have to keep good time or alarm doesn't have to work, it just needs to tick, tick, tick and on and on...

il_fullxfull.262920263.jpg

Don't forget to set the alarm for potty breaks.

That might literally scare the piss out of the puppy.

I have raised a few pups in my time and have always had an olde timey alarm clock to sooth the critter at night... I was always told it reminds them of the heart beat of the bitch... It does not have to keep good time or alarm doesn't have to work, it just needs to tick, tick, tick and on and on...

il_fullxfull.262920263.jpg

Don't forget to set the alarm for potty breaks.

That might literally scare the piss out of the puppy.

:)

Well technically you never set the alarm and you wrap the alarm clock in a towel or something innocuous to put in the puppy's bed. It does seem to have a calming effect on a small puppy.

Finally decided to check out Smith's (grocery store), should have done it a while ago. They make Albertson's look like a mom and pop corner grocery store.........

Finally decided to check out Smith's (grocery store), should have done it a while ago. They make Albertson's look like a mom and pop corner grocery store.........

Yes, 'our' Albertsons is a relatively small market which is why Hombre and I like it--find what we need and in and out fast. With his bad hip, walking long distances is sometimes painful for him. But we used to shop Smiths at Paseo and Wyoming quite often as they do have some stuff a smaller store doesn't carry--sometimes the Smiths at Academy and Wyoming but don't like it as well. I love the Albertsons at Tramway and Academy too and have found some great bargains there--it is a huge store. I am up there fairly often as it is close to where Aunt Betty lives.

In case anybody is wondering, the Ringels and we live about a mile apart and in the same area so we shop many of the same places. :)

Last edited:

Yes, 'our' Albertsons is a relatively small market which is why Hombre and I like it--find what we need and in and out fast. With his bad hip, walking long distances is sometimes painful for him. But we used to shop Smiths at Paseo and Wyoming quite often as they do have some stuff a smaller store doesn't carry--sometimes the Smiths at Academy and Wyomimg but don't like it as well. I love the Albertsons at Tramway and Academy too and have found some great bargains there.
It's the lack of many items we consume that Albertson's (and Wally World for that matter) doesn't carry that led me to check out Smiths. The thing is Albertson's is the most convenient, easier to get in and out of and typically less crowded, Smiths (Paseo and Wyoming) is kind of a pain to get into and out of and definitely more crowded.

Yes, 'our' Albertsons is a relatively small market which is why Hombre and I like it--find what we need and in and out fast. With his bad hip, walking long distances is sometimes painful for him. But we used to shop Smiths at Paseo and Wyoming quite often as they do have some stuff a smaller store doesn't carry--sometimes the Smiths at Academy and Wyomimg but don't like it as well. I love the Albertsons at Tramway and Academy too and have found some great bargains there.
It's the lack of many items we consume that Albertson's (and Wally World for that matter) doesn't carry that led me to check out Smiths. The thing is Albertson's is the most convenient, easier to get in and out of and typically less crowded, Smiths (Paseo and Wyoming) is kind of a pain to get into and out of and definitely more crowded.

I've never heard of Smith's. We had Albertson's in Tampa, but not here in Georgia. Kroger is the main grocery chain near me now.

Smiths at Academy and Wyoming is also a pain to get in and out of and generally more crowded, but being right next door to Wally World is convenient to pick up a couple of grocery items that Walmart doesn't have. Not that we shop Walmart all that much for groceries mostly because it just isn't as user friendly as Albertsons.

You would think a large super market wouldn't survive well right next door and literally attached to a Walmart Super Center, but both seem to thrive quite nicely.

I've never heard of Smith's. We had Albertson's in Tampa, but not here in Georgia. Kroger is the main grocery chain near me now.
Smith's is owned by Krogers.

Smiths at Academy and Wyoming is also a pain to get in and out of and generally more crowded, but being right next door to Wally World is convenient to pick up a couple of grocery items that Walmart doesn't have. Not that we shop Walmart all that much for groceries mostly because it just isn't as user friendly as Albertsons.

You would think a large super market wouldn't survive well right next door and literally attached to a Walmart Super Center, but both seem to thrive quite nicely.
I never even noticed there's a Smith's by Walmart........ :lol:

Smiths and Kroger are probably owned by the same folks--we don't have Kroger's here, but Smiths carries a lot of Kroger products. Just like Albertsons and Safeway are owned by the same folks so our Albertsons carries a lot of Lucerne (Safeway) products.

I've been doing deep spring cleaning. That includes the rug, drapes and all the closets. :)

It did some damage to the roof tiles, so next week we have the guys who put on the new roof 2 years ago coming to do repairs sometime next week. They will call me on Mon. for the exact day.
I also have the air and heat pump guy coming to clean and do general yearly maintenance on the unit.
Then the week after ,we have a landscaper company coming to give us a quote on getting an all rock yard.
He said he couldn't go through like last year watching me suffer like I did with allergies and itching feet and ankles from the weeds.

I hear that Peach though we do miss you when you're away for so long. And yes the Xeriscaping is a real time saver though it doesn't eliminate all the yard work. We still have to have ours cleaned up occasionally--at least once a year to blow out and sack up all the leaves that blow in as well as the crap that gets stuck in the rocks. You probably won't have as much of that problem without neighbors close by? And we take care of the few weeds that will insist on coming up anyway. But that's no big deal really compared to taking care of a lawn and a lot of landscaping plants that require a lot of attention.

Thank you for the information. :)
These local landscapers do maintenance also.
I'll ask them about coming out once a yr. or every 6 months depending ,for spraying maybe for weeds and general clean up around the outside of the fence.
We don't have trees with large leaves like maple, just mesquites, so the really small leaves would maybe need to be blown out of the rocks.

I never even noticed there's a Smith's by Walmart........ :lol:

LOL. So we are a typical guy with total focus on a goal are we? Yep. Large Smith's super market nestled up against Walmart at Academy and Wyoming.

(There's also a Dion's Pizza (yum), Boston Market, a large Pets Mart store and other interesting businesses in that corner of that intersection.)

Last edited:

Thank you for the information. :)
These local landscapers do maintenance also.
I'll ask them about coming out once a yr. or every 6 months depending ,for spraying maybe for weeds and general clean up around the outside of the fence.
We don't have trees with large leaves like maple, just mesquites, so the really small leaves would maybe need to be blown out of the rocks.

For a high desert community, Albuquerque has a remarkably wide variety of deciduous trees and, because like you we are subject to wind, those leaves blow around a LOT in the Fall as well as tumbleweeds and various others varieties of area flora. The mesquite leaves seem to disintegrate quickly or don't make as much of a mess as I recall--we don't have any around us here--but I grew up with mesquite in southeast New Mexico and just don't recall them being a problem. But then yard work wasn't my problem then either. :)

Forum List

Back