USMB Coffee Shop IV

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Nosmo's mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
Kat's sister,
The Ringels in difficult transition
Dana, Foxfyre's friend recovering from heart transplant
Mr. and Mrs. Gracie in difficult transition and wellness for Gracie,
Strength and stamina for gallantwarrior in his relocation project,
Ringel's injured shoulder and general wellness,
Drifter for the best job ever,
ricechickie for trouble free healing and wellness,
BigBlackDog for comfort and effective treatment
TK
Sixfoot for an accurate diagnosis and wellness,
Sherry's Mom for treatment to be successful, and wellness for Sherry's daughter, her dad, and family.

Wellness for Foxfyre's sister and Hombre's sister
Healing for Ringel and Mrs. R's Gizmo

And we keep the porch light on for all our friends who haven't been here for awhile and we await their return.

IMG_4434.JPG

I'm planning a visit to the Happiest Place on Earth, otherwise known as New York City for the beginning of May. My shoes are too clean and my sinuses are bereft of the aroma of knishes frying by the seaside, so to remedy that sad situation, I'll pack up and drive the eight hours east on I-80 to the Empire State.

:abgg2q.jpg: Pop in "Golden Earring's" Radar Love and hit the road Nosmo King and have a wonderful (decadent) time... Hell you might even buy yourself one of them "energy drinks"... Be safe and :RockOn:...

This is the new puppy.

30629824_1864409226910610_7044217080970739712_n.jpg
Is that even old enough to be weaned and away from its mother? Looks pretty young, but the my sister is the boxer fan. Still, you've a long way to go with that one to make it sociable. Good luck!

Apparently we got it younger than is usual. I had nothing to do with getting the puppy, so I can't say for sure, but my employer said that usually they aren't taken away from the mother until more like 8 weeks. I don't know why this one was let go younger than that.

This is the new puppy.

Is that even old enough to be weaned and away from its mother? Looks pretty young, but the my sister is the boxer fan. Still, you've a long way to go with that one to make it sociable. Good luck!

Apparently we got it younger than is usual. I had nothing to do with getting the puppy, so I can't say for sure, but my employer said that usually they aren't taken away from the mother until more like 8 weeks. I don't know why this one was let go younger than that.
I'd say much younger. I guess that little guy is more along 3-4 weeks old, judging by the picture. How's he eating? Does he/she eat solid food or are you bottle feeding him/her?

This is the new puppy.

I'd say much younger. I guess that little guy is more along 3-4 weeks old, judging by the picture. How's he eating? Does he/she eat solid food or are you bottle feeding him/her?

He's 5 weeks from what I've been told. He is eating wet canned food without any issue. He's even eaten the chihuahua's hard food without problem when he sneaked over to it. :p

This is the new puppy.

He's 5 weeks from what I've been told. He is eating wet canned food without any issue. He's even eaten the chihuahua's hard food without problem when he sneaked over to it. :p
He should be OK, then, as long as he can handle solid food. 5 weeks is still too young, really, to take him away from his mother. Mothers provide more than milk, they socialize their young and train them. Now you will have to fulfill that role. Fortunately, dogs usually do well when raised and nurtured by humans. How's house breaking working out?

This is the new puppy.

Mazel tov, Montrovant!

You know what you're in for in the next three or four months? Scratches up and down your wrists and forearms as those tiny milk teeth do a number on them, lots of jumping out of your seat to clean up accidents and rub puppy noses in it before tying him out, a series of vet visits as inoculations and neutering takes place, and vacuuming up the bits of toy stuffing as it accumulates like snow on the floor.

Oh! How I envy you! Spoil him rotten and teach him some tricks! They love it!

This is the new puppy.

Mazel tov, Montrovant!

You know what you're in for in the next three or four months? Scratches up and down your wrists and forearms as those tiny milk teeth do a number on them, lots of jumping out of your seat to clean up accidents and rub puppy noses in it before tying him out, a series of vet visits as inoculations and neutering takes place, and vacuuming up the bits of toy stuffing as it accumulates like snow on the floor.

This is the third puppy I'm having to take part in raising, although at least this time I am mostly doing it when no one else is home. The first two I did mostly on my own, and it sucked. Particularly the first one, who took a good 6 months to stop using the house as his toilet.

I don't have to worry about vet visits, this isn't my dog. I just work/live here. :p

The puppy just ended up in my room a little bit ago as I was watching TV. He's been sleeping in my employer's bedroom; I thought on her bed, but I don't know how he would have gotten down from there, as it's 2-3 feet from the top of the mattress to the floor. Since everyone else is asleep, I took him outside to poop, cleaned up the pee he left on the living room carpet, and now I'm wondering if he'll actually go to sleep if I try to put him in the dog cage tonight. I do NOT want to be responsible for yet another puppy during the nights.

Mazel tov, Montrovant!

This is the third puppy I'm having to take part in raising, although at least this time I am mostly doing it when no one else is home. The first two I did mostly on my own, and it sucked. Particularly the first one, who took a good 6 months to stop using the house as his toilet.

I don't have to worry about vet visits, this isn't my dog. I just work/live here. :p

The puppy just ended up in my room a little bit ago as I was watching TV. He's been sleeping in my employer's bedroom; I thought on her bed, but I don't know how he would have gotten down from there, as it's 2-3 feet from the top of the mattress to the floor. Since everyone else is asleep, I took him outside to poop, cleaned up the pee he left on the living room carpet, and now I'm wondering if he'll actually go to sleep if I try to put him in the dog cage tonight. I do NOT want to be responsible for yet another puppy during the nights.
If you have an old wind up type of clock that ticks, put him in his crate with that ticking clock nearby. I think, to the puppy, it sounds like a heartbeat and it's calming.

Have fun!

I have raised a few pups in my time and have always had an olde timey alarm clock to sooth the critter at night... I was always told it reminds them of the heart beat of the bitch... It does not have to keep good time or alarm doesn't have to work, it just needs to tick, tick, tick and on and on...

il_fullxfull.262920263.jpg

Mazel tov, Montrovant!

If you have an old wind up type of clock that ticks, put him in his crate with that ticking clock nearby. I think, to the puppy, it sounds like a heartbeat and it's calming.

Have fun!

My employer just mentioned this very thing yesterday. I don't have a wind up clock, but I do have a battery operated analog clock that ticks. I'll put it next to the cage when I put him in to see if it helps. The problem is that he's so young, he needs to go outside pretty frequently. I think I'll stay up until 2 or so, then it will only be 4 hours until I get up with the little one for school. He might sleep that long without needing to pee or poop.

Good morning all. Cold overnight here--high winds yesterday and probably again today.

Re the pup:

If you take a pup at the normal age, once they are in their crate, assuming you do not leave them in there more than just during your sleep time, they usually will make it overnight without needing to pee--and they try hard not to foul their bed. But one so young. . .I don't know. It is important to take them out to pee just before you put them in the crate for overnight--and don't crate them until you're ready to sleep--and it is important to get up fairly early to take them out in the morning, but they can usually go 7 to 8 hours with no problem even when very young. But at 4 or 5 weeks, that may be asking way too much of a puppy.

I have raised a few pups in my time and have always had an olde timey alarm clock to sooth the critter at night... I was always told it reminds them of the heart beat of the bitch... It does not have to keep good time or alarm doesn't have to work, it just needs to tick, tick, tick and on and on...

il_fullxfull.262920263.jpg

Don't forget to set the alarm for potty breaks.

Good morning all. Cold overnight here--high winds yesterday and probably again today.

Re the pup:

If you take a pup at the normal age, once they are in their crate, assuming you do not leave them in there more than just during your sleep time, they usually will make it overnight without needing to pee--and they try hard not to foul their bed. But one so young. . .I don't know. It is important to take them out to pee just before you put them in the crate for overnight--and don't crate them until you're ready to sleep--and it is important to get up fairly early to take them out in the morning, but they can usually go 7 to 8 hours with no problem even when very young. But at 4 or 5 weeks, that may be asking way too much of a puppy.

I got up a couple of times when he started whining and took him out. At this point, he's going out very frequently...and still going in the house sometimes.

Anyone have any ideas for cheap gifts for a soon-to-be 9 year old girl?

The little one's birthday is in about a month and a half. Her mother is getting her one big gift, so I want to get her a number of little ones. Big gifts can be great, but they do limit the number of presents that get opened.

At this point, I've already ordered her a set of hair coloring brushes, and I am considering some sort of crystal growing kit. I also am looking at an inexpensive, but still full-sized, skateboard. I saw something called a Buddha Board, which involves drawing with water (and the drawing fading as the water evaporates, allowing one to draw again), but I'm not sure that is worth it for the price.

I don't usually go out, so I don't do the sort of browsing in a store shopping that others are probably used to. I can browse through sites like amazon or ebay, but that's harder to do. :p So, I thought I'd see if anyone has any interesting, inexpensive gift ideas here. :)

TIA!

Forum List

Back