USMB Coffee Shop IV

My mother in law has a dulcimer that she never really learned to play. She let me borrow it this evening and I came up with this. Honestly....I have never played a dulcimer before. Kind of fun.

The Dulcimer Waves

Very good for the 1st time, from a fellow hammered dulcimer player. :)

It's basically tuned to a D chord. Kind of a side ways guitar with 4 strings. No worries, I won't be playing Stairway to Heaven on Dulcimer any time soon. :lol: Still, it's fun to mess around with.

That's commonly called a mountain dulcimer.
You play the guitar so it's easier for you to play. :)
I play the piano, so the hammered dulcimer is easier for me to play without lessons. :)
I can't play the guitar, so I would not be able to play the mountain dulcimer without lessons. :biggrin:

I did not know that. The mountain dulcimer has weird chords sort of like a guitar. To me it sounds a bit like a guitar tuned to an open chord. Kind of a droning sound.

My mother in law has a dulcimer that she never really learned to play. She let me borrow it this evening and I came up with this. Honestly....I have never played a dulcimer before. Kind of fun.

The Dulcimer Waves

It's basically tuned to a D chord. Kind of a side ways guitar with 4 strings. No worries, I won't be playing Stairway to Heaven on Dulcimer any time soon. :lol: Still, it's fun to mess around with.

I play the piano, so the hammered dulcimer is easier for me to play without lessons. :)
I can't play the guitar, so I would not be able to play the mountain dulcimer without lessons. :biggrin:

I did not know that. The mountain dulcimer has weird chords sort of like a guitar. To me it sounds a bit like a guitar tuned to an open chord. Kind of a droning sound.
Droning sound? Don't look now but that could be Martha..........

latest

High winds today plus it's trash day. I've watched bits of trash flying down the road; paper, plastic, foam cups, a couple of sofas...........

Good morning all. Have Wifi at the Super 8 in lovely Elk City, Oklahoma, but we'll load up shortly to trudge on to Arkansas. Fired up the laptop long enough to get the weather this morning. Warm today but much cooler for the rest of the week Looking at the view outside our window. . .an unpainted shaky fence and a solid unpainted brink wall with a huge rusty reddish tank and a bunch of junk around it. Oh well. It was a bed for the night.

Ya'll behave yourselves. I'll check in when I can.

Good morning all. Have Wifi at the Super 8 in lovely Elk City, Oklahoma, but we'll load up shortly to trudge on to Arkansas. Fired up the laptop long enough to get the weather this morning. Warm today but much cooler for the rest of the week Looking at the view outside our window. . .an unpainted shaky fence and a solid unpainted brink wall with a huge rusty reddish tank and a bunch of junk around it. Oh well. It was a bed for the night.

Ya'll behave yourselves. I'll check in when I can.

How fun for you! Like an adventure. :D

The Dulcimer Waves

The two sounds of them.
Mountain

Hammered

I always like to take Foxfyre's vacations as an invitation to move all the furniture around in the coffee shop.

No job yet but my boyfriend is working his tour season now. I'm going to Vegas soon and then maybe Missouri not sure on that yet.

I've been reading books I always wanted to read when I was in school but couldn't because of too many projects. It's been nice.

Hope everyone here is having a great day.

By the way today was Hombre's Birthday and it has been a great one. He rarely ever reads in here. But we will be on the road and in Arkansas for most of the next week so I'm going to wish Drifter a happy birthday early--her birthday is the 20th--as I won't have access to my computer and birthday list, etc. while on the road. I will be able to check in here at the Coffee Shop but it is likely to be hit and miss as internet access will be sketchy.

But Happy Birthday, Drifter, and may there be many more great birthdays to come.

APRIL 20 - HAPPY BIRTHDAY DRIFTER
cute-birthday-cake-beautiful-birthday-cakes-you-can-look-happy-birthday-special-cake-best.jpg

Thanks I am blessed to be born on 420 :lol:

Good afternoon all. We have a brief lull in activity and I have access to a bit of wifi here at the foot of Magazine Mountain in central Arkansas. And while not freezing and no precipitation (yet), it is colder than a witch's elbow in Arkansas, uncharacteristically so for this time of year. Temps should be in the low 80's and instead are in the low 60's. Disappointing but we are having fun anyway. Okay back to socializing but I'm think about you all. . . .

Good afternoon all. We have a brief lull in activity and I have access to a bit of wifi here at the foot of Magazine Mountain in central Arkansas. And while not freezing and no precipitation (yet), it is colder than a witch's elbow in Arkansas, uncharacteristically so for this time of year. Temps should be in the low 80's and instead are in the low 60's. Disappointing but we are having fun anyway. Okay back to socializing but I'm think about you all. . . .
Good knowing you made it to your destination safely, Foxy!

I want to visit Arkansas someday, I've never been there it looks pretty.

Forum List

Back