USMB Coffee Shop IV

Hello all my old friends and other inhabitants of the Coffee Shop. Sure has been a while and so much has been going on. I still post regularly on FB and another spot. But find little time to find my way back here. It;s been 19 Months since I lost Mrs O. Seems like 19 years. Drove out to AZ twice, this last trip in April I kid of over did it and ended up getting 2 more stents, placed inside an old stent.... But I start cardiac rehab next Friday and I'm feeling pretty good. Still staying busy though. I am back as Commander of my American Legion Post, I am the Sergeant at Arms for my Vietnam Veterans of America Chapter. I am teaching a ceramics class twice a month at an assisted living home. And I am a member of the Circle of Trustees at the Butler Institute of American Art. That and an older Brother moved in with me....And he can barely walk yet insists he doesn't need or want help..... Good to see some of the old names.....

Always do the happy dance when Ollie drops by. I didn't know about the brother moving in with you though. Was that your idea? I wish I could take your ceramics class.

Goodness no, not my Idea at all.....

Hello all my old friends and other inhabitants of the Coffee Shop. Sure has been a while and so much has been going on. I still post regularly on FB and another spot. But find little time to find my way back here. It;s been 19 Months since I lost Mrs O. Seems like 19 years. Drove out to AZ twice, this last trip in April I kid of over did it and ended up getting 2 more stents, placed inside an old stent.... But I start cardiac rehab next Friday and I'm feeling pretty good. Still staying busy though. I am back as Commander of my American Legion Post, I am the Sergeant at Arms for my Vietnam Veterans of America Chapter. I am teaching a ceramics class twice a month at an assisted living home. And I am a member of the Circle of Trustees at the Butler Institute of American Art. That and an older Brother moved in with me....And he can barely walk yet insists he doesn't need or want help..... Good to see some of the old names.....

Always do the happy dance when Ollie drops by. I didn't know about the brother moving in with you though. Was that your idea? I wish I could take your ceramics class.

Goodness no, not my Idea at all.....

Hmmm. Well, hope it is not putting too much extra stress on you. You're a good guy for taking him in though.

Ollie! It's great to hear from you again!

One of my main regrets in all this is losing that great photo of you and Ollie that was posted in the original Coffee Shop. Actually we lost a lot of really great photos when the V-bulletin Coffee Shop threads were deleted.

One of my main regrets in all this is losing that great photo of you and Ollie that was posted in the original Coffee Shop. Actually we lost a lot of really great photos when the V-bulletin Coffee Shop threads were deleted.
The sex appeal on display in that phot is more than any woman here could bear.

OLLIE
OLLIE!!!
So glad to see you here again. Sorry to know of your loss. Glad to know you are the trooper I always thought you were. I wish I were close enough to stand you a beer, or whatever poison you prefer.
What is the Butler Institute of American Art? I could 'google' it, but I'd rather know what you would say.
It seems almost hard to fathom, but I've been retired 24 years this year. It doesn't seem that long. How about you?
The Butler is the only Major Art Museum in the world that is dedicated purely to American Art. (As far as I know)
It seems interesting, but I am unfortunately not in travel mode any longer. I'd love to see a few more things before I go.

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Nosmo's mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
Kat's sister,
The Ringels in difficult transition
Dana, Foxfyre's friend recovering from heart transplant
Strength and stamina for gallantwarrior in his relocation project,
Ringel's injured shoulder and general wellness,
ricechickie for trouble free healing and wellness,
BigBlackDog for comfort and effective treatment
TK
Sixfoot for an accurate diagnosis and wellness,
Sherry's Mom for treatment to be successful, and wellness for Sherry's daughter, her dad, and family.

Wellness for Foxfyre's sister and Hombre's sister
Healing for Ringel and Mrs. R's Gizmo
Gracie
Nosmo's Uncle for good news and Aunt Roxie
Nosmo's Daisy
Hombre's sister

And we keep the porch light on so that many others scattered here and there can find their way back.

We humans are the only creatures who care about people they have never met and about things we have never seen.--Foxfyre

mother_nature__s_garden_by_jesus_at_art-d5givmh.jpg

I have that somewhere.....
DSCF0702.JPG

I have that somewhere.....View attachment 198326
If the ladies can tear their eyes away from the gorgeous hunks of manliness, they might note that your beloved Dallas Cowboys are on the TV in the background. That was quite something for you to turn away from the game for the snapshot!

Thanks for the memory and the visit, Ollie! I like you a lot.

How wonderful! I'm snagging it for my personal file this time. :)

If the ladies can tear their eyes away from the gorgeous hunks of manliness, they might note that your beloved Dallas Cowboys are on the TV in the background. That was quite something for you to turn away from the game for the snapshot!

Yes very sexy. And I like both of you a lot and am proud to call you friends.

The first thing I thought on seeing this picture was to wonder what unhappy Cowboys player that is on the screen. :p

The first thing I thought on seeing this picture was to wonder what unhappy Cowboys player that is on the screen. :p

If I had to guess, I'd guess Tony Romo. But he always looked unhappy or wincing in pain.

The Baltimore Ravens were rockin' Dallas 21-7. But, as I recall, that was the season the Ravens went to the Super Bowl. If they won that game, my beloved Steelers would be in a Wildcard race with two games left in the season. See that Christmas wreath on the window?

Next phase of the game is to find Waldo.

If I had to guess, I'd guess Tony Romo. But he always looked unhappy or wincing in pain.

The Baltimore Ravens were rockin' Dallas 21-7. But, as I recall, that was the season the Ravens went to the Super Bowl. If they won that game, my beloved Steelers would be in a Wildcard race with two games left in the season. See that Christmas wreath on the window?

That doesn't look like Romo. Also, I thought the logo opposite the Cowboys one was the Redskins. :D

That doesn't look like Romo. Also, I thought the logo opposite the Cowboys one was the Redskins. :D
I saw the score as BAL 21. DAL 7.

I'm pretty sure it's 13-7 Dallas over Washington. The score you are seeing, in the upper right corner, is 21-7 Baltimore over New Orleans (BAL NO). The upper left is the score of the Dallas game. :)

I'm pretty sure it's 13-7 Dallas over Washington. The score you are seeing, in the upper right corner, is 21-7 Baltimore over New Orleans (BAL NO). The upper left is the score of the Dallas game. :)
What do ya want from me? Look how old I am, and now I'm older yet! I consider myself luck to recognize a football player on the screen.

On my way to bed for sure now, but for our morning mental exercise, are we seeing this guy in profile? Or is he facing us?

1017720_10152129453613884_484830385_n.jpg

Forum List

Back