USMB Coffee Shop IV

For The Guys.

c131c6071be54fc0fe19b6fc347448df.jpg

Sorry I haven't really had the time to post.

I've been very busy getting rid of things we no long need or use.
I rented one of those 15 yd. trash bins for 2 weeks.
I got rid of a few furniture items and cleaned all the closets,draws and kitchen cabinets out, of all the junk. Then got rid of the stuff no longer needed in the 10 by 14 ft. tin shed.

We bought one of those kit type wood sheds and it just got delivered this afternoon, right before the 1st monsoon rains began.
Utility_Shed

It looks exactly like this one, same colors.
It's beautiful.
Monday the landscapers are coming to do our rock yard and stone patio.

I would be the first to understand how real life interferes with time to mess around on a message board. But we have become family of sorts, so even a quick drive by post is like getting a post card from a loved one. And it makes me happy to know people are busy or at least handling their lives and are reasonably well.

Made the run to Roswell this morning, late start and planned for an overnight at the house. Arrived around 12 noon, the landlady met us with the keys and we had the trailer unloaded by around 4 PM and dropped the trailer off. both put some things away, took showers and decided to drive home, made it home about 20 minutes ago.

The house is one of a few owned by an older brother and sister team, she lives in Roswell, he lives in Reston, Va about a half mile from where we used to live. The house is in great shape, they have done many upgrades, she had put toilet paper in the bathrooms and a roll of paper towels in the kitchen just in case we needed them, she even made sure there was a shower curtain up for us. After she handed over the keys she went and picked up Chinese food for us for lunch.

The house is one of a few owned by an older brother and sister team, she lives in Roswell, he lives in Reston, Va about a half mile from where we used to live. The house is in great shape, they have done many upgrades, she had put toilet paper in the bathrooms and a roll of paper towels in the kitchen just in case we needed them, she even made sure there was a shower curtain up for us. After she handed over the keys she went and picked up Chinese food for us for lunch.

Though I liked the idea of having you guys as neighbors, I have a good feeling that you might have found 'home' after all this time of looking for it. :)

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter), Impending surgery Monday.
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Nosmo's mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
Kat's sister,
The Ringels in difficult transition
Dana, Foxfyre's friend recovering from heart transplant
Strength and stamina for gallantwarrior in his relocation project,
Ringel's injured shoulder and general wellness,
ricechickie for trouble free healing and wellness,
BigBlackDog for comfort and effective treatment
TK
Sixfoot for an accurate diagnosis and wellness,
Sherry's Mom for treatment to be successful, and wellness for Sherry's daughter, her dad, and family.

Wellness for Foxfyre's sister and Hombre's sister
Healing for Ringel and Mrs. R's Gizmo
Gracie
Nosmo's Uncle for good news and Aunt Roxie
Nosmo's Daisy
Hombre's sister

And we keep the porch light on so that many others scattered here and there can find their way back.

We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them. – Albert Einstein

Mistakes.jpg

Though I liked the idea of having you guys as neighbors, I have a good feeling that you might have found 'home' after all this time of looking for it. :)
Maybe but the high desert plains? We'll see. It didn't take too long after getting home that we both crashed hard. Of course going up to Ruidoso and Capitan will be like "old home week" for us. Now I have to start planning the next phase of the move, I'm so glad they gave us this much time.
A couple of days to rest and recuperate then back at it, we both hurt from head to toe.........

Last edited:
Shows getting picked up by streaming companies after being cancelled by broadcast companies is still weird to me, but I'm glad for it at the moment. Lucifer was cancelled by Fox, but Netflix picked it up. Not long ago SciFi cancelled The Expanse, a show my friend was a big fan of, but Amazon picked it up.

Streaming services have changed the TV paradigm so much.

Ugh, I messed up one of my Healthcare Statistics assignments. There were 8 questions, and for questions 2-8, it said that deaths were included in the discharges. Unfortunately, for question 1, it said that deaths were not included in discharges, but somehow I missed that both when I first did the question, and when I went over it again. It would have been easy to add in the numbers had I noticed; the questions did not become difficult with that change. Unfortunately, that question was worth 40 points, so I got an F.

So now my statistics assignment grades look like this: 100 - 100 - 100 - 96 - 98 - 60. :eusa_doh:

I've gotten 100s on all of my quizzes, I expect to get an A in the class, but I feel like an idiot for missing that difference in instruction for what ended up being such a large portion of the assignment.

Ugh, I messed up one of my Healthcare Statistics assignments. There were 8 questions, and for questions 2-8, it said that deaths were included in the discharges. Unfortunately, for question 1, it said that deaths were not included in discharges, but somehow I missed that both when I first did the question, and when I went over it again. It would have been easy to add in the numbers had I noticed; the questions did not become difficult with that change. Unfortunately, that question was worth 40 points, so I got an F.

So now my statistics assignment grades look like this: 100 - 100 - 100 - 96 - 98 - 60. :eusa_doh:

I've gotten 100s on all of my quizzes, I expect to get an A in the class, but I feel like an idiot for missing that difference in instruction for what ended up being such a large portion of the assignment.

I didn't know that last night's sign off saying/photo was for you. But I'll refer you to it. :)

Given your work ethic to strive for perfection--something almost none of us ever fully achieve--I don't think you have much, if anything, to worry about on that score. As I keep saying, you are too hard on yourself. (Though I too will beat myself up when I make a mistake I see as a dumb mistake. The trick is beat yourself up for 10 minutes and then move on. :) )

Happy Saturday, I am home after 3 weeks of travel. I ordered roller skates off amazon. I got a letter in the mail for a job interview in Missouri. I don't know if I want to live there though.
I always wanted to live in Missouri. Branson area. So pretty, from what pics I have seen.

Meanwhile....I think I got a case of salmonella :(. Not really bad, but irritating enough that I can't leave the house for obvious reasons. Not much sleep either. Maybe stress related as well as the salmonella. Lots going on. Most of it pretty good, actually...minus this new situation today of needing to be close to a bathroom, lol.

Happy Saturday, I am home after 3 weeks of travel. I ordered roller skates off amazon. I got a letter in the mail for a job interview in Missouri. I don't know if I want to live there though.
I always wanted to live in Missouri. Branson area. So pretty, from what pics I have seen.

I was born in Missouri but we moved away when I was a little kid. I was just there recently and the humidity sucks. :lol: It is pretty though and so was Georgia. I like the woods. I saw wild raspberries growing.

Forum List

Back