USMB Coffee Shop IV

Happy Saturday, I am home after 3 weeks of travel. I ordered roller skates off amazon. I got a letter in the mail for a job interview in Missouri. I don't know if I want to live there though.

There are worse states than Missouri--lots of trees, all four seasons, and even some low mountains at the northern end of the Osarks, but definitely a different culture than what you find in the southwest. We lived several years 30 miles west of Joplin Mo and have traveled that state a lot.

It would be in Fulton, Mo. They have a big Psychiatric Hospital there.

It has been awhile but I have been there. Not the most exciting terrain in Missouri but very green, very pretty small town with a lot of amenities--about 2 hours out of Kansas City on all 4 lane highways as I recall. I'm thinking there may be at least a junior college there too? Can't remember for sure. And I think I recall a lovely large park with a lake?

Happy Saturday, I am home after 3 weeks of travel. I ordered roller skates off amazon. I got a letter in the mail for a job interview in Missouri. I don't know if I want to live there though.

There are worse states than Missouri--lots of trees, all four seasons, and even some low mountains at the northern end of the Osarks, but definitely a different culture than what you find in the southwest. We lived several years 30 miles west of Joplin Mo and have traveled that state a lot.

It has been awhile but I have been there. Not the most exciting terrain in Missouri but very green, very pretty small town with a lot of amenities--about 2 hours out of Kansas City on all 4 lane highways as I recall. I'm thinking there may be at least a junior college there too? Can't remember for sure. And I think I recall a lovely large park with a lake?

Well, it may be where God wants me to be for now. We'll see.

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter), Impending surgery Monday.
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Nosmo's mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
Kat's sister,
The Ringels in difficult transition
Dana, Foxfyre's friend recovering from heart transplant
Strength and stamina for gallantwarrior in his relocation project,
Ringel's injured shoulder and general wellness,
ricechickie for trouble free healing and wellness,
BigBlackDog for comfort and effective treatment
TK
Sixfoot for an accurate diagnosis and wellness,
Sherry's Mom for treatment to be successful, and wellness for Sherry's daughter, her dad, and family.

Wellness for Foxfyre's sister and Hombre's sister
Healing for Ringel and Mrs. R's Gizmo
Gracie
Nosmo's Uncle for good news and Aunt Roxie
Nosmo's Daisy
Hombre's sister

And we keep the porch light on so that many others scattered here and there can find their way back.

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.--Winston Churchill

most-beautiful-flower-gardens-in-the-world-8.jpg

I've been wondering why I was sent up here to the north. Its weird...cali is a huge state. I had no clue that my browsing the chico area YEARS before we had to move....that I would indeed wind up here albeit not exactly as originally planned. So for the past year and a half (the time I have been here since losing the house at home), I have wondered and asked in my prayers "what is the purpose? Why here? Why did we have to leave where we loved? WHY HERE? What is my purpose?" and I think I might know now. I think we were sent here for this lady that now has to live alone, blind, and needs us. And..we need her, too.

When Hombre and I first married, he was transferred a lot. Some of the places we were transferred were not especially happy experiences, though none were totally horrible. But a couple of places that we had never heard of and certainly were not in areas we would have ever chosen turned out to be the best places we have lived in our lives--places where we found community, a sense of belonging, and were really happy.

One of those was Perryton TX in the far north Texas Panhandle. Not pretty to look at, really blah terrain, little to offer. Population about 7500 if you count all the dogs and chickens. But we were so happy there--great friends that remain friends to this day and a community that made its own fun or there would have been nothing to do there.

The other was Salina, KS, again really blah terrain, but it absolutely became home for us in a very short period of time and was absolutely wonderful for us and the kids. And again the really special friends we made there remain close friends to this day.

You just never know until you do it.

Last edited:
Made a run to Harbor Freight in the Cottonwood mall, easy in and out till we decided to make a run to the World Market in the same mall........ If I had stayed on Old Airport I would have been fine but no, made a wrong turn and everything is so convoluted there got lost. Finally ten minutes later we managed to find World Market......., two minutes away from Harbor Freight.......

Went to HF because they have 1000 lb furniture dollies on sale for $16. Bought two. They're $40 each at Lowes and Home Depot.

Good timing today: As I was getting ready to go inside after mowing the lawn, my employer got home with the little one from having been out and about. We all went inside, and apparently the puppy had pooped and peed on the carpet while I was mowing. Since everyone else was home, I didn't have to clean it up. :banana:

If I were younger..I would still try to get to the Ozarks/Branson area. Alas..too old now.
You're never too old to do what you want. You lay down when they put you in the ground.
Yeah....tell that to my body. lol

All things are relative though. Okay I can't have a dynamite beach body at my age or even count on being pain free on any given day. It would not be advisable for me to take up rock climbing or start training to run the Boston Marathon now. But I could take Ollie's ceramic class, learn to play the piano better, learn to do oil painting, write a book, or learn a new language. And it would not terrify me to move to a new place even at my age. Conversely, the old saw is true that it ain't over until it's over, and therefore we aren't ever too old to do many things, But also our time here is finite an I encourage those of you who are younger not to think you have unlimited time to do what you need to do. Sometimes it is best just to do it instead of waiting for the 'right time'.

If I were younger..I would still try to get to the Ozarks/Branson area. Alas..too old now.
You're never too old to do what you want. You lay down when they put you in the ground.

All things are relative though. Okay I can't have a dynamite beach body at my age or even count on being pain free on any given day. It would not be advisable for me to take up rock climbing or start training to run the Boston Marathon now. But I could take Ollie's ceramic class, learn to play the piano better, learn to do oil painting, write a book, or learn a new language. And it would not terrify me to move to a new place even at my age. Conversely, the old saw is true that it ain't over until it's over, and therefore we aren't ever too old to do many things, But also our time here is finite an I encourage those of you who are younger not to think you have unlimited time to do what you need to do. Sometimes it is best just to do it instead of waiting for the 'right time'.
I'm training to do the Golden Stairs..........

110971012_medium_1494359962.jpg

Looking good.

Looking good.
Yes, her nick-name is Golden Stairs........ :lol:

Looking good.
Yes, her nick-name is Golden Stairs........ :lol:

:eusa_doh:

I hope Sherry shows up tonight, I miss her natural smart smartassery and friendship..

Married life keeps me busy, plus I am spending a lot more time with my mom due to her illness. I have been having fun with my daughter and planning her baby shower. We are so excited for her arrival in September. We can't wait to love and spoil our sweet granddaughter. :twirl:

I'm speechless ................................................... okay, I'm over it.. :)

I heard about some of this from your hubby, he was manning-up at the time and I was pleasantly and greatly impressed,

Sweet loving daughter, sweet loving mother and you're about to be a diaper changing Granny.. my my and that's not all that's on the plate I'm thinkin...

Little Lumpy, my newest grandchild is almost 2 1/2, little guy's a charmer and he loves to tease, I'm so proud..

Lumpy,

Thank you for the kind words regarding my Sherry. :) We are in as Ms Foxfyre would say the "sandwich years." Lots going on with both the kids and our parents. The last week has been off the hook in terms of major family events, both good and bad. Right now Sherry and I are not up to talking about most of it, but we ourselves are doing fine. Sherry and me kind of function as the family rocks, and there is no one stronger than Sherry.

The good news is a grandchild is on the way to which we are very excited and thrilled. I apologize to Foxy and everyone in the Coffee Shop for not posting more, but due to family events we have been unbelievably busy.

However, we think about the good people here often. You, Hossfly, BBD, Foxfyre, Gracie, Ollie, Kat, Ernie...to name just a few. It is a wonderful group.

Much appreciation and respect. :thup:

Foxfyre Sherry

I hope Sherry shows up tonight, I miss her natural smart smartassery and friendship..

Married life keeps me busy, plus I am spending a lot more time with my mom due to her illness. I have been having fun with my daughter and planning her baby shower. We are so excited for her arrival in September. We can't wait to love and spoil our sweet granddaughter. :twirl:

I'm speechless ................................................... okay, I'm over it.. :)

I heard about some of this from your hubby, he was manning-up at the time and I was pleasantly and greatly impressed,

Sweet loving daughter, sweet loving mother and you're about to be a diaper changing Granny.. my my and that's not all that's on the plate I'm thinkin...

Little Lumpy, my newest grandchild is almost 2 1/2, little guy's a charmer and he loves to tease, I'm so proud..

Lumpy,

Thank you for the kind words regarding my Sherry. :) We are in as Ms Foxfyre would say the "sandwich years." Lots going on with both the kids and our parents. The last week has been off the hook in terms of major family events, both good and bad. Right now Sherry and I are not up to talking about most of it, but we ourselves are doing fine. Sherry and me kind of function as the family rocks, and there is no one stronger than Sherry.

The good news is a grandchild is on the way to which we are very excited and thrilled. I apologize to Foxy and everyone in the Coffee Shop for not posting more, but due to family events we have been unbelievably busy.

However, we think about the good people here often. You, Hossfly, BBD, Foxfyre, Gracie, Ollie, Kat, Ernie...to name just a few. It is a wonderful group.

Foxfyre Sherry

If the choice is posting here or dealing with real life, I would never want you to post here. But we do appreciate the occasional 'proof of life' posts and a bit of an update now and then. You guys are family too. :)

Lumpy,

Foxfyre Sherry

Well thank you Sir...

This is the time that I wish I could write the perfect post with the perfect response. Well, it's just not happening and I've tried several times now. sheesh.

Your life challenges and good times are all familiar to me and my Darlin Kathleen. You seem to have the right perspective and I highly suspect you and Sherry make for an epic team but Pm me sometime if you'd like, sometimes blowing off some steam, a person helping with perspectives comes in handy and I'd be glad to be a friend... no doubt.

Forum List

Back