USMB Coffee Shop IV

Happy Saturday, I am home after 3 weeks of travel. I ordered roller skates off amazon. I got a letter in the mail for a job interview in Missouri. I don't know if I want to live there though.
I always wanted to live in Missouri. Branson area. So pretty, from what pics I have seen.

I was born in Missouri but we moved away when I was a little kid. I was just there recently and the humidity sucks. :lol: It is pretty though and so was Georgia. I like the woods. I saw wild raspberries growing.
Wild blueberries are all over the back yard here. And cherry trees! Woods are nice..but I miss the ocean. HOwever, I will never see it again so...

Happy Saturday, I am home after 3 weeks of travel. I ordered roller skates off amazon. I got a letter in the mail for a job interview in Missouri. I don't know if I want to live there though.
I always wanted to live in Missouri. Branson area. So pretty, from what pics I have seen.

I was born in Missouri but we moved away when I was a little kid. I was just there recently and the humidity sucks. :lol: It is pretty though and so was Georgia. I like the woods. I saw wild raspberries growing.
Wild blueberries are all over the back yard here. And cherry trees! Woods are nice..but I miss the ocean. HOwever, I will never see it again so...

I didn't know they had blueberries and cherry trees there. I applied for a couple jobs there but I didn't hear back.

???????????????????

I didn't know they had blueberries and cherry trees there. I applied for a couple jobs there but I didn't hear back.
Blueberries everywhere, I kid you not. Damn things are dangerous with those thorns all over them, too. Friend of mine said a cougar got two deer in her mobile home park and left a mess. Legs and skin and guts everywhere near the community pool. Can't walk at night here. Too damn dangerous.

Blueberries everywhere, I kid you not. Damn things are dangerous with those thorns all over them, too. Friend of mine said a cougar got two deer in her mobile home park and left a mess. Legs and skin and guts everywhere near the community pool. Can't walk at night here. Too damn dangerous.

Wow, I didn't know that.

MrG made two huge cherry pies last year just from the cherry tree in the lot next door..which happens to belong to the guy we rent from. And blueberries...everywhere. Gotta be really careful wandering around back there. But..my tomatoes and spring onions are doing very well and the squash just showed up in neat little rows. Going to be a nice collection of veggies this summer. :)

Hey ChrisL ...saw this today and thought you might like it. You need to take a pic of your bunny's butt, lol.

DfhPalkXUAAKBkV.jpg

I imagine the blueberries do thrive in your piney woods. I know that white pine needles lower the pH in the soil to the high sulphur range blueberries need. When picking blueberries (in another life--they don't grow wild here as just too much clay in the soil)--I was taught to just gently tickle the berries off the bush. They won't ripen more once picked and the tickling technique usually nets you the ripe ones as the less ripe ones won't detach. And yeah, it is wise to be careful of the thorns. :)

Blueberries are by far the most beneficial of all fruits and berries and can do wonders to lessen symptoms and maybe correct most autoimmune conditions.

And would you allow one of these to sit on your arm? It's a real bug, i.e. the Attica\us Atlas moth.

35265768_1634843169976976_6095005733479251968_n.jpg
YES YES YES!! Its beautimus!

And it has no stinger and no mouth--it can't eat. So once it is out of the cocoon, it's sole mission in life is to find a mate so there can be eggs to make new baby caterpillars that will eventually become new moths. As a moth, its lifespan is like five days.

BEARS like blueberries too. Can't take a leisurely walk anywhere here. Cougars, Bears abound.

Meanwhile.....I have some news..sorta. Its all still up in the air, kinda, but...it may lead to something.

A gal I met up here when Karma died...remember Casey the golden retriever that I posted pics of now and then? She owns Casey. Anyway.....her husband died 3 weeks ago. She is semi blind. She owns two cars she cannot drive, nor has a license, nor has car insurance on either one. Her house is a mess..because she, too, is a hoarder. But...she is now alone..and asked MrG and I to move in with her until the apts call back home. MrG can help her repair much needed repairs on the house, and I will be able to drive her around to the store, post office, etc, help feed the chickens and gather the eggs, take care of Casey and the two cats and in general be of help. She is now insured for both cars because I am designated driver, as is MrG. We don't own the cars or are on the pinks, which is what I did NOT want to do anyway...but the insurance company said that was not needed as long as there was a designated driver to cart her around in her own vehicle. No need for her to get a license..which she can't get anyway due to her eyes.
So....this MIGHT all happen (us moving in with her for a year or so) within the next month or two. I told her I would help her because it would be helping us as well....but not until that house is cleared enough to where neither of us break a hip trying to traverse from one room to another.
Last I checked...she has been on the ball doing exactly that.

Yesterday, MrG had to drive her to the post office and to the food supply store for the critters and on that trip, he said she asked him about life estates. :ack-1:

Yesterday, MrG had to drive her to the post office and to the food supply store for the critters and on that trip, he said she asked him about life estates. :ack-1:

That was nice of him to do.
It was supposed to be me..but..I was kinda stuck in the bathroom. He likes her and she likes him, so...it was no problem. Both of us have been carting her around for some time...even before her husband died. Casey brought us all together.
Oh..and she said she wanted me to get a dog so Casey has someone to play with. Um. I dunno about that. When Karma died..so did my heart.

There are worse states than Missouri--lots of trees, all four seasons, and even some low mountains at the northern end of the Osarks, but definitely a different culture than what you find in the southwest. We lived several years 30 miles west of Joplin Mo and have traveled that state a lot.

Meanwhile.....I have some news..sorta. Its all still up in the air, kinda, but...it may lead to something.

A gal I met up here when Karma died...remember Casey the golden retriever that I posted pics of now and then? She owns Casey. Anyway.....her husband died 3 weeks ago. She is semi blind. She owns two cars she cannot drive, nor has a license, nor has car insurance on either one. Her house is a mess..because she, too, is a hoarder. But...she is now alone..and asked MrG and I to move in with her until the apts call back home. MrG can help her repair much needed repairs on the house, and I will be able to drive her around to the store, post office, etc, help feed the chickens and gather the eggs, take care of Casey and the two cats and in general be of help. She is now insured for both cars because I am designated driver, as is MrG. We don't own the cars or are on the pinks, which is what I did NOT want to do anyway...but the insurance company said that was not needed as long as there was a designated driver to cart her around in her own vehicle. No need for her to get a license..which she can't get anyway due to her eyes.
So....this MIGHT all happen (us moving in with her for a year or so) within the next month or two. I told her I would help her because it would be helping us as well....but not until that house is cleared enough to where neither of us break a hip trying to traverse from one room to another.

My only concern is what happens after that year or so? Or are you talking about YOUR apartment back home? In which case, as long as you can be reasonably secure and happy in your surroundings, that sounds like a great deal. No rent? That would be a HUGE help unless she expected unreasonable service from you in return for room and board.

My only concern is what happens after that year or so? Or are you talking about YOUR apartment back home? In which case, as long as you can be reasonably secure and happy in your surroundings, that sounds like a great deal. No rent? That would be a HUGE help unless she expected unreasonable service from you in return for room and board.
Rent with her will be 100 less than what we are paying now. BIG help. If something happens to either me or MrG, that amount will be half. If something happens to HER, we get to stay (if we want) as a life estate until both of us die. Then her family or whomever she leaves her property to, can take possession. This gives all 3 of us a year to see if we like sharing the same home. If not..then we go back to the beach. If we like being with her...we let the beach go and stay here permanently. That's the plan, sorta. Still in talking stage.

There are worse states than Missouri--lots of trees, all four seasons, and even some low mountains at the northern end of the Osarks, but definitely a different culture than what you find in the southwest. We lived several years 30 miles west of Joplin Mo and have traveled that state a lot.

It would be in Fulton, Mo. They have a big Psychiatric Hospital there.

Forum List

Back