USMB Coffee Shop IV

Okay, just made it back from Roswell, again....... Saw a new house listed for rent yesterday and went down and saw it today, not as big as the one we looked at two days ago but in much better shape and cheaper. Brother/sister owners, older (even than us) and they really liked us. Put in the application and will get the nod hopefully in the next couple of days for move in mid month. Back to packing........
I also checked with our credit union and we were pre-qualified for $386K so we're looking at 6 month lease then we'll start looking for houses to buy (if everything works out that is). The house is in a good part of town with about a 10 minute commute for the wife and I was wrong, it's not a state contract job, it's federal, US Job Corps counselor.

Oh wow. Better be careful or you could wind up back in D.C.
Not no, hell no..........

LOL. One of our family is a career employee of the federal government and currently lives and works in California that she loves. She was recently offered opportunity to return to DC where she was assigned for 10 years or so. Her response was "not no, but hell no." :) Her supervisor was pleased with her response fortunately. So were we. :)

DC....sort of a nice place to visit, but you wouldn't want to live there? :p
I already did my time....... 35 years........ I got out on bad behavior.......

Okay, just made it back from Roswell, again....... Saw a new house listed for rent yesterday and went down and saw it today, not as big as the one we looked at two days ago but in much better shape and cheaper. Brother/sister owners, older (even than us) and they really liked us. Put in the application and will get the nod hopefully in the next couple of days for move in mid month. Back to packing........
I also checked with our credit union and we were pre-qualified for $386K so we're looking at 6 month lease then we'll start looking for houses to buy (if everything works out that is). The house is in a good part of town with about a 10 minute commute for the wife and I was wrong, it's not a state contract job, it's federal, US Job Corps counselor.

Oh wow. Better be careful or you could wind up back in D.C.
Not no, hell no..........

LOL. One of our family is a career employee of the federal government and currently lives and works in California that she loves. She was recently offered opportunity to return to DC where she was assigned for 10 years or so. Her response was "not no, but hell no." :) Her supervisor was pleased with her response fortunately. So were we. :)

DC....sort of a nice place to visit, but you wouldn't want to live there? :p

It's a fascinating, beautiful for the most part, amazing place with many points of interest. But the traffic is horrendous, the pace much MUCH faster than I think most 'normal' people are comfortable with, its terribly expensive, and I was pretty underwhelmed by the cuisine in most places we went to eat. A city of superlatives ranging from the worst to great.

The Wizard of Pine Creek dropped by my house last night and presented to me a brand new, never been rubbed crystal ball. I looked deep into this object just now and it shows me that Justify, the Number 1 horse in the Belmont Stakes race today will come away with the victory and claim it’s spot in horse racing history. When I asked who would finish in second place the crystal ball clouded up and quit working.
What could this mean????

The Wizard of Pine Creek dropped by my house last night and presented to me a brand new, never been rubbed crystal ball. I looked deep into this object just now and it shows me that Justify, the Number 1 horse in the Belmont Stakes race today will come away with the victory and claim it’s spot in horse racing history. When I asked who would finish in second place the crystal ball clouded up and quit working.
What could this mean????

Maybe he was the only horse in the race?????

When Secretariat won the Triple Crown by winning the Belmont, only four other horses competed against him. I'll have to look at him when they're going to the post to know whether he really feels like running today.

mmm .. maybe too much politics today ..:eusa_doh:.. :eusa_doh:

I need to get in touch with my coffee kinder and fun filled Lumpy self..

children-father-fathers_day-dad-parent-parenting-dre1575_low.jpg

View attachment 197553

For sure spending a lot of time out there on some of the other forums can set a body on edge. I do it because I think I was born to argue. . .:). . .but when I start feeling angry and/or frustrated, I know it is time to go do something else.

The ladies are in the kitchen talking too much and there's no dinner on my plate..

I made mention of this..

Now, I'm very unpopular but the pace has quickened... :lol:

View attachment 197553

For sure spending a lot of time out there on some of the other forums can set a body on edge. I do it because I think I was born to argue. . .:). . .but when I start feeling angry and/or frustrated, I know it is time to go do something else.

Typically, if I'm not smiling in regards to politics, I stop posting.. I'm not big on regret and necessary apologies.

View attachment 197553

Typically, if I'm not smiling in regards to politics, I stop posting.. I'm not big on regret and necessary apologies.

I doubt you ever need to apologize for much Lumpy. :)

It took some practice but I finally got the hang of mostly not posting things I would regret later and/or would have to apologize for on the politics forums. I can't say I have achieved perfection though, and I still have to do a mea culpa now and then. :)

But I do this for mental exercise to an extent, and for enjoyment. If I'm not enjoying it, I'm not going to do it for long.

The ladies are in the kitchen talking too much and there's no dinner on my plate..

I made mention of this..

LOL. Dinner is this late at your house? We usually try to get through that by 5 or 6 p.m. I did just finish putting a nice eye of round pot roast with potatoes and carrots and my signature sauce/gravy in the crock pot for lunch tomorrow. And now I'm headed for bed pretty quickly.

What could this mean????

Well he came through. Triple crown winners back to back. That maybe has never happened?

We were reading today that Justify's jockey was born in Roswell where the Ringel's are moving and where I once lived for a brief period when I was a toddler. He grew up in Dexter, a tiny town just south of Roswell where I started first grade.

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Nosmo's mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
Kat's sister,
The Ringels in difficult transition
Dana, Foxfyre's friend recovering from heart transplant
Strength and stamina for gallantwarrior in his relocation project,
Ringel's injured shoulder and general wellness,
ricechickie for trouble free healing and wellness,
BigBlackDog for comfort and effective treatment
TK
Sixfoot for an accurate diagnosis and wellness,
Sherry's Mom for treatment to be successful, and wellness for Sherry's daughter, her dad, and family.

Wellness for Foxfyre's sister and Hombre's sister
Healing for Ringel and Mrs. R's Gizmo
Gracie
Nosmo's Uncle for good news and Aunt Roxie
Nosmo's Daisy
Hombre's sister

And we keep the porch light on so that many others scattered here and there can find their way back.

margaretmead101283.jpg

My new crystal ball works just fine. It needed new batteries. First one I ever had that uses batteries. The times they are a changing!

View attachment 197553

It took some practice but I finally got the hang of mostly not posting things I would regret later and/or would have to apologize for on the politics forums. I can't say I have achieved perfection though, and I still have to do a mea culpa now and then. :)

But I do this for mental exercise to an extent, and for enjoyment. If I'm not enjoying it, I'm not going to do it for long.

Well, I'm not always nice, some say I'm passive aggressive and a troublemaker, it seems like me. :)

As you know, there's a lot more said than the words, I guess I like that part of the, "mental exercise", reading the tells and the bottom lines.

I like teasing a little too much at times, it was a matter of survival when I was growing up... :tomato:

Last edited:

I made mention of this..

LOL. Dinner is this late at your house? We usually try to get through that by 5 or 6 p.m. I did just finish putting a nice eye of round pot roast with potatoes and carrots and my signature sauce/gravy in the crock pot for lunch tomorrow. And now I'm headed for bed pretty quickly.

My darlin wife finally found the patio furniture she's always wanted, who knew (lol) but we generally eat around sunset.

l love the kinda cooking that you've shared over the years. mmm.. everything I know about you is a comfort and a care to me.

Thank You Foxfyre..:smiliehug: ..

View attachment 197553

Well, I'm not always nice, some say I'm passive aggressive and a troublemaker, it seems like me. :)

As you know, there's a lot more said than the words, I guess I like that part of the, "mental exercise", reading the tells and the bottom lines.

I like teasing a little too much at times, it was a matter of survival when I was growing up... :tomato:

Okay. But from what I've seen, your 'not nice' is nicer than some people's nice. :)

View attachment 197553

Okay. But from what I've seen, your 'not nice' is nicer than some people's nice. :)
You rang? :D

You rang? :D

Yeah. You and a few others here would also fall into that category I think. :)

Hello all my old friends and other inhabitants of the Coffee Shop. Sure has been a while and so much has been going on. I still post regularly on FB and another spot. But find little time to find my way back here. It;s been 19 Months since I lost Mrs O. Seems like 19 years. Drove out to AZ twice, this last trip in April I kid of over did it and ended up getting 2 more stents, placed inside an old stent.... But I start cardiac rehab next Friday and I'm feeling pretty good. Still staying busy though. I am back as Commander of my American Legion Post, I am the Sergeant at Arms for my Vietnam Veterans of America Chapter. I am teaching a ceramics class twice a month at an assisted living home. And I am a member of the Circle of Trustees at the Butler Institute of American Art. That and an older Brother moved in with me....And he can barely walk yet insists he doesn't need or want help..... Good to see some of the old names.....

Forum List

Back