USMB Coffee Shop IV

A follow up visit to the vet. Plus blood work.

The pills have run their course and the choalingalhepititis is gone. But Daisy's liver numbers, whatever they may be, are below normal. Then she endured a second bloodletting to be sent off to an off site lab to determine whether or not she has something called Cushing's Disease. It's why her hormones are out of whack and she's making less cortisol than she should. Cortisol helps dogs digest fats. Then those fats attach themselves on the liver.

The results might be here tomorrow or, more likely, Monday.

Well we will keep our fingers crossed it is nothing serious. We have to give Carly the mini doxie daily Denamarin for a liver issue but it doesn't seem to bother her and she really looks forward to the pieces of pill wrapped in pill pockets.

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Nosmo's mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
Kat's sister,
The Ringels in difficult transition
Dana, Foxfyre's friend recovering from heart transplant
Strength and stamina for gallantwarrior in his relocation project,
Ringel's injured shoulder and general wellness,
ricechickie for trouble free healing and wellness,
BigBlackDog for comfort and effective treatment
TK
Sixfoot for an accurate diagnosis and wellness,
Sherry's Mom for treatment to be successful, and wellness for Sherry's daughter, her dad, and family.

Wellness for Foxfyre's sister and Hombre's sister
Healing for Ringel and Mrs. R's Gizmo
Gracie
Nosmo's Uncle for good news and Aunt Roxie
Nosmo's Daisy
Hombre's sister

And we keep the porch light on so that many others scattered here and there can find their way back.

Everyone you meet is fighting a battle we know nothing about. Be kind always.
Beautiful-Blue-Forget-Me-Not-Flower-blue-34680853-2560-1600.jpg

The pills have run their course and the choalingalhepititis is gone. But Daisy's liver numbers, whatever they may be, are below normal. Then she endured a second bloodletting to be sent off to an off site lab to determine whether or not she has something called Cushing's Disease. It's why her hormones are out of whack and she's making less cortisol than she should. Cortisol helps dogs digest fats. Then those fats attach themselves on the liver.

Well we will keep our fingers crossed it is nothing serious. We have to give Carly the mini doxie daily Denamarin for a liver issue but it doesn't seem to bother her and she really looks forward to the pieces of pill wrapped in pill pockets.
The vet just called and said the results of Daisy's blood work shows NO CUSHING'S DISEASE!

What a relief!

Her cortisol levels are still abnormally low and the vet herself is off on vacation until the end of the month. We'll carry on until further advice is given.

The vet just called and said the results of Daisy's blood work shows NO CUSHING'S DISEASE!

What a relief!

Her cortisol levels are still abnormally low and the vet herself is off on vacation until the end of the month. We'll carry on until further advice is given.

Good news indeed. With low cortisol levels though, I suggest not putting her through much that is stressful or unusually strenuous until your vet can evaluate.

Any news on the ChrisL/Mont peace talks?

Nope. He should say that he is sorry for saying something so thoughtless and end it there instead of making excuses. :) Then, I will forgive him. ;)
Forgive him anyway. Forgiveness is always best.

Nope. I'm not a door mat. If you allow people to crap on you, then they will do it even more. I've learned my OWN lessons in this life.

I'm not really sure how I'm crapping on you or treating you like a door mat. I made a silly comment that wasn't intended to upset anyone. I'm sorry you are upset about it. I don't feel in particular need of forgiveness. :dunno:

Okay, just made it back from Roswell, again....... Saw a new house listed for rent yesterday and went down and saw it today, not as big as the one we looked at two days ago but in much better shape and cheaper. Brother/sister owners, older (even than us) and they really liked us. Put in the application and will get the nod hopefully in the next couple of days for move in mid month. Back to packing........
I also checked with our credit union and we were pre-qualified for $386K so we're looking at 6 month lease then we'll start looking for houses to buy (if everything works out that is). The house is in a good part of town with about a 10 minute commute for the wife and I was wrong, it's not a state contract job, it's federal, US Job Corps counselor.

Emailed the completed application and they already did the credit/background check, he's writing up the contract for us so we got the house. :thup:

Okay, just made it back from Roswell, again....... Saw a new house listed for rent yesterday and went down and saw it today, not as big as the one we looked at two days ago but in much better shape and cheaper. Brother/sister owners, older (even than us) and they really liked us. Put in the application and will get the nod hopefully in the next couple of days for move in mid month. Back to packing........
I also checked with our credit union and we were pre-qualified for $386K so we're looking at 6 month lease then we'll start looking for houses to buy (if everything works out that is). The house is in a good part of town with about a 10 minute commute for the wife and I was wrong, it's not a state contract job, it's federal, US Job Corps counselor.

Oh wow. Better be careful or you could wind up back in D.C.

Good luck!

How could they refuse a nice young couple like you and MrsR? Whippersnappers!

Looks like another splendid day beginning. Our last kid was born two days ago. She's a BIG single, much bigger than the pair of boys born last week. Stubby's a really good mom, too, very protective and doting.
I've gotten a pretty large trailer load of junk from the partner's place loaded for the dump. Doesn't look like I did anything. There were a total of seven ladders, one of which was still serviceable...but, but, he can fix them! Three pieces of what was once a huge parts bin. He cut it into pieces because it couldn't be moved any other way. Of course, its rusted and rotting, and heavy...but, but, he can weld them back together (someday). Broken office chairs, chunks of wood, plastic, some sheet rock that will have to be scooped into a bag with a shovel, tarps in various stages of disintegration, and plastic jugs (for every imaginable oil, windshield fluid, plant food, and much more), make up the bulk of this load...oh, and about a dozen big garbage bags of unidentifiable detritus. For trailer loads like this, they charge by the ton and send you down to the "pit". But it's a start, and each load is one more baby step towards getting rid of all this trash. I'm thinking that after I've gotten rid of the larger stuff, I'll have the waste company drop off a big dumpster for the smaller stuff from the yard and the house. I think a large RedBox runs around $120.
Another interesting development with the clean up is, I am running a quite active trapline for mice. When I get mice, I drop them onto the porch where a local cat picks them up. A friend of mine pointed out that it's usually the cat who brings the mice to you. A couple of days ago, I came up empty, no mice. That cat was waiting on the porch when I came back outside. Poor fellow was pretty disappointed. The partner just cannot find it in his heart to kill those cute mice. He's pretty badly infested and I recommend that no one I know or care for not accept food from him if he brings it from home.

Not no, hell no..........

LOL. One of our family is a career employee of the federal government and currently lives and works in California that she loves. She was recently offered opportunity to return to DC where she was assigned for 10 years or so. Her response was "not no, but hell no." :) Her supervisor was pleased with her response fortunately. So were we. :)

LOL. One of our family is a career employee of the federal government and currently lives and works in California that she loves. She was recently offered opportunity to return to DC where she was assigned for 10 years or so. Her response was "not no, but hell no." :) Her supervisor was pleased with her response fortunately. So were we. :)

DC....sort of a nice place to visit, but you wouldn't want to live there? :p

This is a contract job specifically with the federal job corps in New Mexico.

Forum List

Back