USMB Coffee Shop IV

They're also GMO.

Is that like...
IMG_3835.jpg

Crap! I had the solar systems guy out yesterday. He brought two lovely, sealed cell, 6V solar batteries and the proper cables. My hope was that he could install the system without the partner's knowledge and I could present a "fate accompli". Guy took one look at the rig the partner's put together and said he'd rather not mess with it without knowing what the hell was going on. This will be interesting. At least there is no well yet.
I've worked on and off and part time for a good friend that's a Master Electrician and owns his own little company for a long time, 30 years or so. He's been laid up for the past three weeks now with horrific back pain. He got an MRI last week and found out his back is cracked and he'll need surgery to "rebuild it." So he's out of commission for awhile, probably 3 or 4 months if not longer, but tomorrow I have to start work on finishing up a job he can't finish, a large gazebo type building that will be used for parties and entertainment. Have to install all the breakers and fixtures like outlets and lights. He said the wiring is done, but, why I'm responding to your post is, I'd be with him many times when we'd look at jobs, and he would turn many down because he'd say, "the second I touch this mess it's MINE," and some things were just such an abortion that he just wouldn't go near it, unless the people said do whatever needs to be done to fix it right. So I can understand your solar guy not wanting to touch your system.
Believe me, so do I understand. He's willing to work with my partner and I am hoping he'll be able to bring the partner to the light (pun intended). I have not told my partner about the solar guy, I'll just kind of spring it on him. I do have my pair of 6VDC batteries now and push-come-to-shove, I will work with the professional to set things up from scratch, if that proves necessary.
I feel for you buddy with a cracked back. I slipped and fell last week, knocking out my breath. I spent a couple of bad days with terrific back pain. I granted myself a down day yesterday and am lots better now. I feared that I had cracked a vertebrae, though. Seems to have been more muscle damage and bruising. Hope your buddy gets his back fixed.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
I'm close to having the A/C parts installed in my car. I don't know if it will end up working or not, but I've got my fingers crossed. Unfortunately, it didn't all get done tonight, so I have to ask my employer if I can keep my car in the garage again tomorrow. She won't be happy about that, but I really want to have A/C for my 8 hour drive on Friday! :p

I'm close to having the A/C parts installed in my car. I don't know if it will end up working or not, but I've got my fingers crossed. Unfortunately, it didn't all get done tonight, so I have to ask my employer if I can keep my car in the garage again tomorrow. She won't be happy about that, but I really want to have A/C for my 8 hour drive on Friday! :p
I can sympathize with wanting A/C for a long road trip. Right now, the only thing that makes my 2-hr commute tolerable is the A/C. I can't stand the noise generated when the windows are open. Have a good journey, Montro!

So, this tom turkey (Attila) is aggressive with a capital 'A'. My partner moves out smartly across the yard now because Attila doesn't seem to like him much. Attila aggresses the goats, they don't put up with his shit. It's a hoot watching him charge after the goats and they turn around then knock him on his feathered butt. The turkey seems tolerant of dogs, cats, and other fowl, of course. Cheap entertainment, but it beats most TV shows I've seen lately.

Okay...... We got rain last night, finally. Now the humidity level is around 90%. Damn!!
Getting pretty dry around SW WI. Much of the middle of the state is already in drought. Not all that uncommon in WI in July though.
We're in our monsoon season, not that it's been all that wet yet.

Which ocean makes your weather wet? A week ago I've seen Pacific Ocean (and swim in it) - it really without any waves, like on water reservoir at any river :)

So, this tom turkey (Attila) is aggressive with a capital 'A'. My partner moves out smartly across the yard now because Attila doesn't seem to like him much. Attila aggresses the goats, they don't put up with his shit. It's a hoot watching him charge after the goats and they turn around then knock him on his feathered butt. The turkey seems tolerant of dogs, cats, and other fowl, of course. Cheap entertainment, but it beats most TV shows I've seen lately.

It's probably, he'll bring you a fox skin sometimes future morning :)))

We had a brief shower of rain today in most of England, and the last brief shower was two weeks ago, and before that it had not rained since May. Its to late to save the crops as those that could not be watered have died.

I have decided to fill a cupboard with tinned food, because although there is no talk of running out of food yet, I am sure we are going to, and then there will be panic buying, and no food in the shops.

While I am pretty sure your civic and national leaders will make sure you have food available, it never helps to prepare for contigencies.

I am convinced we are going to suffer food shortages. Not only from failed crops but from failure to reach a trade agreement with the EU. In any case Europe is as dryed up as Britain.

I hope you're wrong and I'm pretty sure you are. We have plenty of food here for everybody, no trade issues so far as I know, and our transports are what, 7 hours or so from London? You won't starve. Or just order what you need from Amazon and they'll deliver within a couple of days. :)

It said on the news last night that the army is stockpiling food, and today on the lunchtime news it said farmers are warning of food shortages. So I think I am right and I promptly went to the shops and bought my first batch of tinned food. I got some tins of soup and Irish stew. I aim to get a months supply of food so I can survive a rush of panic buying in the supermarkets.

Okay...... We got rain last night, finally. Now the humidity level is around 90%. Damn!!
They showed two satellite photos of Britain from space on the news. one taken in the spring, which was all green, and one taken recently which is all brown. We had some rainfall a couple of days ago, the first in months, but now we are back to the heatwave.

IMG_0294.JPG
The veteran's groups have sponsored banners featuring local vets. These banners are flying on lamp posts all around downtown East Liverpool. They have a picture of the veteran, his or her name, the branch of service they were part of and the years they served.

Uncle Ducky was a policeman as well as a U.S. Navy shorepatrolman. He served our country by breaking up bar fights in Honolulu. Here is his banner, taking pride of place directly in front of City Hall and Police HQ.

Getting pretty dry around SW WI. Much of the middle of the state is already in drought. Not all that uncommon in WI in July though.
We're in our monsoon season, not that it's been all that wet yet.

Which ocean makes your weather wet? A week ago I've seen Pacific Ocean (and swim in it) - it really without any waves, like on water reservoir at any river :)
We're on the other side of the Pacific Ocean. Have you ever seen a bore tide? People here will surf on that tide when it comes into the Turnagain Arm.

They're also GMO.

Is that like... If
Not quite. GMO can affect what you eat...unless you eat?...oooh!

They say "we are just what we eat"... But why I still don't have fingers from buckwheat and nose from carrot! :)
If you have any doubts about that old adage, you should sample milk from an animal that has been eating certain things, like spruce trees, or corn.

It's probably, he'll bring you a fox skin sometimes future morning :)))
Actually, turkeys are known to catch and eat mice and other small vermin. I just laugh when I watch my partner rushes across the yard with that turkey hot on his heels. If the turkey wasn't half a breeding pair of heritage breed turkeys (The Livestock Conservancy), I might be putting him on the menu.

Forum List

Back