USMB Coffee Shop IV

We had a brief shower of rain today in most of England, and the last brief shower was two weeks ago, and before that it had not rained since May. Its to late to save the crops as those that could not be watered have died.

I have decided to fill a cupboard with tinned food, because although there is no talk of running out of food yet, I am sure we are going to, and then there will be panic buying, and no food in the shops.

While I am pretty sure your civic and national leaders will make sure you have food available, it never helps to prepare for contigencies.

I am convinced we are going to suffer food shortages. Not only from failed crops but from failure to reach a trade agreement with the EU. In any case Europe is as dryed up as Britain.

I hope you're wrong and I'm pretty sure you are. We have plenty of food here for everybody, no trade issues so far as I know, and our transports are what, 7 hours or so from London? You won't starve. Or just order what you need from Amazon and they'll deliver within a couple of days. :)

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we continue pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter), complications post op surgery
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Nosmo's mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
Kat's sister,
Dana, Foxfyre's friend recovering from heart transplant
Strength and stamina for gallantwarrior in his relocation project,
Ringel's injured shoulder and general wellness,
ricechickie for trouble free healing and wellness,
BigBlackDog for comfort and effective treatment
TK
Sixfoot for an accurate diagnosis and wellness,
Wellness for Foxfyre's sister and Hombre's sister
Healing for Ringel and Mrs. R's Gizmo
Gracie
Hombre's sister
The Ringels moving in difficult transition
Sherry and family in the passing of her mother..

And we keep the porch light on so that many others scattered here and there can find their way back.

article-2155361-1379F26A000005DC-372_964x604.jpg

Hi, all!!!

Damn, how much tracks I've heared in my life, for the different mood and different cases... But it seems, Avril Lavigne is real cool for the background supply of soft making process :) Did anybody think, soft, u use at computers and phones can be written as a result of listening different styles of music? :)

We had a brief shower of rain today in most of England, and the last brief shower was two weeks ago, and before that it had not rained since May. Its to late to save the crops as those that could not be watered have died.

I have decided to fill a cupboard with tinned food, because although there is no talk of running out of food yet, I am sure we are going to, and then there will be panic buying, and no food in the shops.

While I am pretty sure your civic and national leaders will make sure you have food available, it never helps to prepare for contigencies.

I am convinced we are going to suffer food shortages. Not only from failed crops but from failure to reach a trade agreement with the EU. In any case Europe is as dryed up as Britain.

Shake out extra-foods from you leaders, really! :) I don't believe any food shortages could have natural origin in our countries since the mechanization of agriculture. Usually it's a evil political will of somebody :(

I've always found the idea of opposing armies interacting like that crazy. The Christmas in the trenches of WWI is the example that comes to mind for me of opposing troops interacting in an almost friendly way. It's fascinating and, to me, perhaps the best indication of the insanity of war. To do your best to kill someone, then take a break and exchange gifts.... :blowup:

What the topic I lost? We're waiting and discussing another coming WW?

I've always found the idea of opposing armies interacting like that crazy. The Christmas in the trenches of WWI is the example that comes to mind for me of opposing troops interacting in an almost friendly way. It's fascinating and, to me, perhaps the best indication of the insanity of war. To do your best to kill someone, then take a break and exchange gifts.... :blowup:

No. Just the general insanity of what war is. :)

No, talking about history...... and coffee...... :D

Hi, all!!!

Damn, how much tracks I've heared in my life, for the different mood and different cases... But it seems, Avril Lavigne is real cool for the background supply of soft making process :) Did anybody think, soft, u use at computers and phones can be written as a result of listening different styles of music? :)

Well as the lines go: William Congreve in "The Mourning Bride" (1697): Musick has Charms to sooth a savage Breast.
Or as we Americans have paraphrased it: music hath charms to soothe a savage beast.

Crap! I had the solar systems guy out yesterday. He brought two lovely, sealed cell, 6V solar batteries and the proper cables. My hope was that he could install the system without the partner's knowledge and I could present a "fate accompli". Guy took one look at the rig the partner's put together and said he'd rather not mess with it without knowing what the hell was going on. This will be interesting. At least there is no well yet.
I've worked on and off and part time for a good friend that's a Master Electrician and owns his own little company for a long time, 30 years or so. He's been laid up for the past three weeks now with horrific back pain. He got an MRI last week and found out his back is cracked and he'll need surgery to "rebuild it." So he's out of commission for awhile, probably 3 or 4 months if not longer, but tomorrow I have to start work on finishing up a job he can't finish, a large gazebo type building that will be used for parties and entertainment. Have to install all the breakers and fixtures like outlets and lights. He said the wiring is done, but, why I'm responding to your post is, I'd be with him many times when we'd look at jobs, and he would turn many down because he'd say, "the second I touch this mess it's MINE," and some things were just such an abortion that he just wouldn't go near it, unless the people said do whatever needs to be done to fix it right. So I can understand your solar guy not wanting to touch your system.

No. Just the general insanity of what war is. :)

:) I think, the border between people and enemy is very simple. If someone invading your territory and killing people - he's an enemy. If he cannot more to do it - he's a people.

Hi, all!!!

Well as the lines go: William Congreve in "The Mourning Bride" (1697): Musick has Charms to sooth a savage Breast.
Or as we Americans have paraphrased it: music hath charms to soothe a savage beast.

Yeah, even this beast has a name "Procrastination" :)

Okay...... We got rain last night, finally. Now the humidity level is around 90%. Damn!!
Getting pretty dry around SW WI. Much of the middle of the state is already in drought. Not all that uncommon in WI in July though.
We're in our monsoon season, not that it's been all that wet yet.
We've been having spotty showers. Little cells that drop a lot of rain in a hurry. Haven't had any here in Podunk though, yet. Supposed to rain tomorrow according to the forecast. Just perfect, I have to do electrical work outside... o_O

Okay...... We got rain last night, finally. Now the humidity level is around 90%. Damn!!
Getting pretty dry around SW WI. Much of the middle of the state is already in drought. Not all that uncommon in WI in July though.

Yes, and the monsoon is always spotty. You are now pretty much out of the high desert terrain, but even the Pecos valley is not exactly what you would call lush or flush with plenty of water. I think Chaves County is similar to Lea County--gets just enough annual precipitation to get it out of desert designation but just barely.

Even with the really good monsoon rains we have been getting since the first of the month, we still have wildfires burning. But the rain and higher humidity definitely help.

We've been having spotty showers. Little cells that drop a lot of rain in a hurry. Haven't had any here in Podunk though, yet. Supposed to rain tomorrow according to the forecast. Just perfect, I have to do electrical work outside... o_O
Two words, rubber galoshes..........

Forum List

Back