USMB Coffee Shop IV

40032887_719271948410544_4011119362743205888_n.jpg

In for surgery around 8am, out about noon and into her room near 2pm.

The doctor is top notch:

Steven R. Buchman is a Tenured Professor of Surgery in the Section of Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery and holds a joint appointment as a Professor of Neurosurgery at the University of Michigan Medical School. He is the Director of the Craniofacial Anomalies Program at the University of Michigan Medical Center and the Chief of Pediatric Plastic Surgery at the C.S. Mott Children's Hospital.

Harper was painting in the playroom around 4pm. Somewhat cranky and frustrated, wants to go home and have chocolate milk. That is probably a day off or so.
Thank you for updates. I'm hoping this will be successful for Harper.

Hey Gallantwarrior,
I saw this cute video just now and wondered if any of your goats argues with you like this. :)

Grumpy goat argues with human
Thanks, Peach! What's really funny to me is, those videos with goats acting like that, they act like that because they are in rut. That was a younger goat so he probably wasn't as stinky as an older goat would be.
How are you and Mr. Peach doing?
Hey Gallantwarrior,
I saw this cute video just now and wondered if any of your goats argues with you like this. :)

Thanks, Peach! What's really funny to me is, those videos with goats acting like that, they act like that because they are in rut. That was a younger goat so he probably wasn't as stinky as an older goat would be.

Thank you for asking. :)

We are both doing fairly well.
I've been very busy with a lot of different things all summer.
I'm getting a new couch delivered at the end of this month.
Then I ordered a specialty birthday cake from a bakery.
I usually get them at the regular old groceries bakery.
I got Mr. P a sugar free ice cream cake once from Baskin Robbins. He loved it.
This will be my 1st and only bakery cake. I just wanted to try one.
I'm turning 66 and my birthday is on Sept. 6.
The terrible 3 's. :FIREdevil: :lmao:
Hey, at our age if we don't spoil ourselves, who will? I love ice cream cakes, but regular cakes are a bit too much sugar and dough for me. I usually like eating the icing, though. Sep 6? That would make you a Virgo, wouldn't it?
Is Mr. P still riding about the countryside on his "bike"?

I'm on borrowed time right now. It's raining hard enough that I got water in my fuel while filling my generator. I added some Heet to the gas but have been unable to start the beast. Guess I'll go to bed early this evening and come back to visit more later. Best wishes to y'all!

Sending wisdom and strength vibes to GW.

The doctor is top notch:

Steven R. Buchman is a Tenured Professor of Surgery in the Section of Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery and holds a joint appointment as a Professor of Neurosurgery at the University of Michigan Medical School. He is the Director of the Craniofacial Anomalies Program at the University of Michigan Medical Center and the Chief of Pediatric Plastic Surgery at the C.S. Mott Children's Hospital.

Harper was painting in the playroom around 4pm. Somewhat cranky and frustrated, wants to go home and have chocolate milk. That is probably a day off or so.

Hey Gallantwarrior,

Hey Gallantwarrior,

Hey, at our age if we don't spoil ourselves, who will? I love ice cream cakes, but regular cakes are a bit too much sugar and dough for me. I usually like eating the icing, though. Sep 6? That would make you a Virgo, wouldn't it?

Ice cream cake is clearly the best kind of cake. :D

I'm on borrowed time right now. It's raining hard enough that I got water in my fuel while filling my generator. I added some Heet to the gas but have been unable to start the beast. Guess I'll go to bed early this evening and come back to visit more later. Best wishes to y'all!

Sending wisdom and strength vibes to GW.

Maybe add some good fuel?

I laid awake for an hour, and finally got up at 5AM. I will surf the web until 6AM then watch an early morning film on TV.

Sending prayers and all possible positive vibes for complete healing post surgery on Tuesay for this little girl. This week will determine if the surgery will be a complete success.

Harper
upload_2018-8-16_13-18-38-png.210815

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we continue pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter - next surgery scheduled August 21
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Nosmo's mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
Kat's sister,
Dana, Foxfyre's friend recovering from heart transplant
Strength and stamina for gallantwarrior in his relocation project,
Ringel's injured shoulder and general wellness,
ricechickie for trouble free healing and wellness,
BigBlackDog for comfort and effective treatment
TK
Sixfoot for an accurate diagnosis and wellness,
Wellness for Foxfyre's sister and Hombre's sister
Healing for Ringel and Mrs. R's Gizmo
Gracie
Hombre's sister
The Ringels moving in difficult transition

And we keep the porch light on so that many others scattered here and there can find their way back.

keep-on-hoping1.jpg

The doctor is top notch:

Hey Gallantwarrior,

Hey Gallantwarrior,

Virgo, I think. And it's a whole week till the programmer's Day 13th of Sep :)) Good time to be born.

I think, when Alaska will be returned back to Russia, you'll got a tame bear, trained to spin bicycle generator to supply you electricity as you need! :)

Yes I am going to try hard not to miss YOUR birthday, Peach. :)

Still pulling for Harper here. The next couple of days are probably the most critical.

Getting ready to take some cookies to my older sister who is in an assisted living facility near here and then to Corrales for our weekly 42 game. Great soaking rain last night and awoke to bright blue skies this morning that are missing the smoke from the California fires for the first time in days.

Life is good.

Btw, does Americans have a similar tradition as Russians, which try not to celebrate 40?

It's a terrible birthday! Two of my familiars have celebrated it not so long ago - and they've already died... I'm awaiting of my 40 these autumn, but don't want to celebrate it anyhow!!! :)

Yes I am going to try hard not to miss YOUR birthday, Peach. :)

Still pulling for Harper here. The next couple of days are probably the most critical.

Getting ready to take some cookies to my older sister who is in an assisted living facility near here and then to Corrales for our weekly 42 game. Great soaking rain last night and awoke to bright blue skies this morning that are missing the smoke from the California fires for the first time in days.

Life is good.

Btw, does Americans have a similar tradition as Russians, which try not to celebrate 40?

It's a terrible birthday! Two of my familiars have celebrated it not so long ago - and they've already died... I'm awaiting of my 40 these autumn, but don't want to celebrate it anyhow!!! :)

Well, its the kind of birthday in which one or more of your friends are likely to hang on your house a very large banner saying: "LORDY, LORDY, JOE IS FORTY" or some such. :)

But trust me. Forty isn't fatal, you won't even notice it, and please don't die because we have become rather fond of you. :)

There is a saying that is becoming more true these days that 40 is really young and 60 has become the new 40.

There is a saying that is becoming more true these days that 40 is really young and 60 has become the new 40

I wish I could say I resemble that remark... I am paying dearly for all my youthful indiscretions...

As am I. The cliche of "If I had known I was going to live this long, I would have taken better care of myself" really hits homes when we live this long.

But though I would have considered me to be really old when I was 40, I am amazed at how un-old I feel. I am just as interested in interesting things as ever, still enjoy games and jokes and good movies or television programs, love people just as much, care just as much, feel just as deeply, can do so many things as well or better than I ever could. I get really frustrated with this young woman who can't do everything she once did because the physical capability and/or stamina just isn't there any more. But all in all, I can't complain.

Forum List

Back