USMB Coffee Shop IV

By the way Ridgerunner , I have been following your hurricane in the islands and wonder if you are getting all that torrential rain--up to 40 inches?
I think he's hanging his computer out to dry.......... Either that or packing it in a huge Ziploc and donning scuba gear..........

LOL. I wouldn't be surprised if we now have computers that you can use under water.

By the way Ridgerunner , I have been following your hurricane in the islands and wonder if you are getting all that torrential rain--up to 40 inches?

Thanks, appreciate the thoughts...

I have an extremely sensitive GUT... And I listen to it... I have from the beginning of Lane felt that it was not going to be a extreme hurricane that smacks head on into an landmass... Its a big ocean and these islands are mere specks of dust in comparison... That being said rain and surf is a whole different subject... While I don't believe Oahu will be a direct hit we still have to deal with the rain and surf... Honolulu is on the South shore and the Storm is projected to turn about 50 to 75 miles south of the island...
I hate the prognosticators on the television as they are selling FEAR by the barrels full and that is just not right...
Lane is only progressing at 5 miles and hour... To damn slow, hurry up and get the hell out of dodge... The whole city of Honolulu is shut down today... No public trans, the hi-ways and bi-ways are absolutely mt… Hospitals are all shut down with the exception of emergencies… HNL harbor is MT... I believe they are still flying out of HNL though...
The first wife's new house is only 3 years old, so it is all up to safety codes, unlike the old plantation style home that are just single wall siding... We have plenty of everything we need, so we are fortunate...
Life is good...

There is a saying that is becoming more true these days that 40 is really young and 60 has become the new 40

I wish I could say I resemble that remark... I am paying dearly for all my youthful indiscretions...

As am I. The cliche of "If I had known I was going to live this long, I would have taken better care of myself" really hits homes when we live this long.

But though I would have considered me to be really old when I was 40, I am amazed at how un-old I feel. I am just as interested in interesting things as ever, still enjoy games and jokes and good movies or television programs, love people just as much, care just as much, feel just as deeply, can do so many things as well or better than I ever could. I get really frustrated with this young woman who can't do everything she once did because the physical capability and/or stamina just isn't there any more. But all in all, I can't complain.

My "youthful indiscretions" aren't my problem...genetics is. :p

In for surgery around 8am, out about noon and into her room near 2pm.

The doctor is top notch:

Steven R. Buchman is a Tenured Professor of Surgery in the Section of Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery and holds a joint appointment as a Professor of Neurosurgery at the University of Michigan Medical School. He is the Director of the Craniofacial Anomalies Program at the University of Michigan Medical Center and the Chief of Pediatric Plastic Surgery at the C.S. Mott Children's Hospital.

Harper was painting in the playroom around 4pm. Somewhat cranky and frustrated, wants to go home and have chocolate milk. That is probably a day off or so.
Thank you for updates. I'm hoping this will be successful for Harper.

Hey Gallantwarrior,
I saw this cute video just now and wondered if any of your goats argues with you like this. :)

Grumpy goat argues with human
Thanks, Peach! What's really funny to me is, those videos with goats acting like that, they act like that because they are in rut. That was a younger goat so he probably wasn't as stinky as an older goat would be.
How are you and Mr. Peach doing?
Hey Gallantwarrior,
I saw this cute video just now and wondered if any of your goats argues with you like this. :)

Grumpy goat argues with human
Thanks, Peach! What's really funny to me is, those videos with goats acting like that, they act like that because they are in rut. That was a younger goat so he probably wasn't as stinky as an older goat would be.
How are you and Mr. Peach doing?

Thank you for asking. :)

We are both doing fairly well.
I've been very busy with a lot of different things all summer.
I'm getting a new couch delivered at the end of this month.
Then I ordered a specialty birthday cake from a bakery.
I usually get them at the regular old groceries bakery.
I got Mr. P a sugar free ice cream cake once from Baskin Robbins. He loved it.
This will be my 1st and only bakery cake. I just wanted to try one.
I'm turning 66 and my birthday is on Sept. 6.
The terrible 3 's. :FIREdevil: :lmao:
Hey, at our age if we don't spoil ourselves, who will? I love ice cream cakes, but regular cakes are a bit too much sugar and dough for me. I usually like eating the icing, though. Sep 6? That would make you a Virgo, wouldn't it?
Is Mr. P still riding about the countryside on his "bike"?

Yes , Mr. P's birthday is Sept. 19th, so both of us are Virgo's. :)
We are not suppose to be compatible. So much for astrology eh?

I'm getting a chocolate truffle cake, comfort food for the big 666 day. :biggrin:
I also know if I eat that whole 2 layer 8" cake I'm going to balloon to 115 or 16.
Just call me chubby Peach for a few months.

Mr. P and his best friend have been riding their Trike's all over the countryside, in-between the monsoon rains.
They go out early while it's still cool out.
Hot for you because it's in the low seventies. :)
He can no longer ride in the heat, it's just too hard on him, but he will ride more in the fall and winter.
Both are having a grand old time riding their bikes together.

I think he's hanging his computer out to dry.......... Either that or packing it in a huge Ziploc and donning scuba gear..........

LOL. I wouldn't be surprised if we now have computers that you can use under water.

They do make waterproof laptops now. :)

I was just fixin' to head to Announcements and ask if Ridgerunner was ok, but then I decided to check here first. Glad I did.
Stay safe, hon!!

Gracie I am to damn ornery for to much to happen to me... Anyway I have all ready experienced a Cat 4/5 when Katrina decided to visit... I was 35 miles NE of landfall in Mississippi that fateful day in Aug of 05... 12 hours of pretty serious wind and rain... So I used my Been there, Done that card on Hurricane Lane...

Thanks for your concern... :re:

Friend of mine is stuck in NC taking care of her mom but they own a condo over in Kaanapali (maui)....she told me about the fire. Lahaina is on shut down...or the south part of it anyway. I asked her about it all, cuz I am very familiar with Maui. Used to go twice a year for many years. Thats when I had my shop and life was good, lol. I could afford it. But my last trip there was about 8 years ago, give or take. I knew it would be my last. :(
Anyway....I hope that hurricane dumps a bunch of water on Maui soon. They need it. Place is burning up.

Yes I am going to try hard not to miss YOUR birthday, Peach. :)

Still pulling for Harper here. The next couple of days are probably the most critical.

Getting ready to take some cookies to my older sister who is in an assisted living facility near here and then to Corrales for our weekly 42 game. Great soaking rain last night and awoke to bright blue skies this morning that are missing the smoke from the California fires for the first time in days.

Life is good.

Btw, does Americans have a similar tradition as Russians, which try not to celebrate 40?

It's a terrible birthday! Two of my familiars have celebrated it not so long ago - and they've already died... I'm awaiting of my 40 these autumn, but don't want to celebrate it anyhow!!! :)

Well, its the kind of birthday in which one or more of your friends are likely to hang on your house a very large banner saying: "LORDY, LORDY, JOE IS FORTY" or some such. :)

But trust me. Forty isn't fatal, you won't even notice it, and please don't die because we have become rather fond of you. :)

There is a saying that is becoming more true these days that 40 is really young and 60 has become the new 40.

I know, it's not fatal, it's just a step of life... For women usually say "45 - woman strawberry again"... But anyhow not to celebrating forty is very strong superstition :) Like a tradition not to call bear as "bear" :)

Yes I am going to try hard not to miss YOUR birthday, Peach. :)

Still pulling for Harper here. The next couple of days are probably the most critical.

Getting ready to take some cookies to my older sister who is in an assisted living facility near here and then to Corrales for our weekly 42 game. Great soaking rain last night and awoke to bright blue skies this morning that are missing the smoke from the California fires for the first time in days.

Life is good.

Btw, does Americans have a similar tradition as Russians, which try not to celebrate 40?

It's a terrible birthday! Two of my familiars have celebrated it not so long ago - and they've already died... I'm awaiting of my 40 these autumn, but don't want to celebrate it anyhow!!! :)

Well, its the kind of birthday in which one or more of your friends are likely to hang on your house a very large banner saying: "LORDY, LORDY, JOE IS FORTY" or some such. :)

But trust me. Forty isn't fatal, you won't even notice it, and please don't die because we have become rather fond of you. :)

There is a saying that is becoming more true these days that 40 is really young and 60 has become the new 40.

I know, it's not fatal, it's just a step of life... For women usually say "45 - woman strawberry again"... But anyhow not to celebrating forty is very strong superstition :) Like a tradition not to call bear as "bear" :)

Ah then its just a cultural thing in your country. We have some of those too that probably would have anybody but an American scratching his or her head as to why. :)

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we continue pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter post surgery on August 21)
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Nosmo's mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
Kat's sister,
Dana, Foxfyre's friend recovering from heart transplant
Strength and stamina for gallantwarrior in his relocation project,
Ringel's injured shoulder and general wellness,
ricechickie for trouble free healing and wellness,
BigBlackDog for comfort and effective treatment
TK
Sixfoot for an accurate diagnosis and wellness,
Wellness for Foxfyre's sister and Hombre's sister
Healing for Ringel and Mrs. R's Gizmo
Gracie
Hombre's sister
The Ringels moving in difficult transition

And we keep the porch light on so that many others scattered here and there can find their way back.

There is an anticipation of the changing season with autumn air and colors hovering out there somewhere. The hummingbirds are beginning to migrate south now visiting the feeders on their way. Remember Harper and keep pulling for complete and successful healing.
6158405140_f2e95ee75d_b.jpg

Just checking in, busy cleaning today as well as still slowly unpacking. Getting the wife's books on the shelves a little at a time, (she over packed the boxes) and trying to get my "office" completely set up. Luckily the room it's in is large enough for the "office" and my work/sewing table plus a few other items. Trying to organize and thin out the file cabinet and the 3 boxes of unfilled paperwork/paid bills........, my least favorite job as well as go through office supplies the wife has collected over the years that we have NEVER used but continue to take up space........
One of the web sites I use for fabric had listed a closeout for silk......... I ordered ten yards....... Waiting on a return label to print out...... It seems that even polyester can be called "silk" if it made as a silk substitute, they received a rather terse and unhappy message from me.

Took a road trip up to Clovis yesterday and hit the antique shops. Clovis looks like it's slowly dying, Portales on the other hand appeared to be thriving.

Just checking in, busy cleaning today as well as still slowly unpacking. Getting the wife's books on the shelves a little at a time, (she over packed the boxes) and trying to get my "office" completely set up. Luckily the room it's in is large enough for the "office" and my work/sewing table plus a few other items. Trying to organize and thin out the file cabinet and the 3 boxes of unfilled paperwork/paid bills........, my least favorite job as well as go through office supplies the wife has collected over the years that we have NEVER used but continue to take up space........
One of the web sites I use for fabric had listed a closeout for silk......... I ordered ten yards....... Waiting on a return label to print out...... It seems that even polyester can be called "silk" if it made as a silk substitute, they received a rather terse and unhappy message from me.

Mrs. R and I probably share at least one vice. I don't know what it is about office supply stores, but they fascinate me. I can spend hours just looking and also do a lot of compulsive buying in the process. As a result Hombre deals with a lot of office supplies I have acquired over the years and that we don't use but take up space. It's hard for me to let them go though.

Forum List

Back