USMB Coffee Shop IV

Took a road trip up to Clovis yesterday and hit the antique shops. Clovis looks like it's slowly dying, Portales on the other hand appeared to be thriving.

Sorry to hear that. They keep threatening to close Cannon AFB that has been the life blood for Clovis for many decades now and that might be bringing down business confidence and that always results in decline. Clovis has always been the market center for that area of the state though. I went to college at Portales just 15 miles away.

I was watching the news two nights ago and the news reports saw a man saving his parents home by bulldozing around the property. Problem was it was clearly a hydro hoe.

crane-escavatorsear-228a1.jpg

26860572325_941f549b1d_k-58efd5a75f9b582c4d5bb5d3.jpg

NOT the same. Now how do I put faith in the rest of the story if this is so wrong?

In Hawaii does Wiki leaks have a new meaning?

Wiki | Define Wiki at Dictionary.com
www.dictionary.com/browse/wiki
When he asked what it meant, he was told that wiki was the Hawaiian word for quick, and wiki wiki meant superquick.

upload_2018-8-26_12-43-0.jpeg

The Wiki Wiki Shuttle is a fare-free shuttle bus system at the Honolulu International Airport. Shuttles run between 6:00 am and 10:00 pm local time, carrying people and baggage between the various terminals.
Wiki Wiki Shuttle - Wikipedia
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wiki_Wiki_Shuttle

Good morning everybody. We are enjoying a good hot cup of coffee and in a bit will go get Aunt Betty who will be 92 years young next month and we're going to the Dynamax Theater at the Museum of Natural History and then to lunch. She is an amazing lady who gets around--no cane or anything--really well and still thoroughly enjoys things like the theater. I only hope to be anywhere near as active and engaged in things as she is at that age.

This is not meant to be at all political. When I started reading the first part, I thought, "Yeah, that's probably at least a little bit true." Then I read the second part and it was hilarious. :p

40074867_250383725509833_6859314078838423552_n.jpg

LOL Montro. A good illustration of why you shouldn't necessarily interpret a word or phrase or whatever in only one way regardless of what you think of somebody. Pause for thought and allowance for more than one meaning should really be encouraged.

Here is another example:

39963490_10156230137759823_3469615817413361664_n.jpg

I'm on borrowed time right now. It's raining hard enough that I got water in my fuel while filling my generator. I added some Heet to the gas but have been unable to start the beast. Guess I'll go to bed early this evening and come back to visit more later. Best wishes to y'all!

I think, when Alaska will be returned back to Russia, you'll got a tame bear, trained to spin bicycle generator to supply you electricity as you need! :)
Funny you mention that. I went to school with a Native guy. He'd been to an Ivy League university back East. The co-eds were fascinated by him. He used to tell them that his family was the most well-off in his village. They had a two-story igloo with an elevator. The elevator was operated by a trained polar bear. Idiot co-eds ate that up. He didn't care, he got laid.

In for surgery around 8am, out about noon and into her room near 2pm.

The doctor is top notch:

Steven R. Buchman is a Tenured Professor of Surgery in the Section of Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery and holds a joint appointment as a Professor of Neurosurgery at the University of Michigan Medical School. He is the Director of the Craniofacial Anomalies Program at the University of Michigan Medical Center and the Chief of Pediatric Plastic Surgery at the C.S. Mott Children's Hospital.

Harper was painting in the playroom around 4pm. Somewhat cranky and frustrated, wants to go home and have chocolate milk. That is probably a day off or so.
Thank you for updates. I'm hoping this will be successful for Harper.

Hey Gallantwarrior,
I saw this cute video just now and wondered if any of your goats argues with you like this. :)

Grumpy goat argues with human
Thanks, Peach! What's really funny to me is, those videos with goats acting like that, they act like that because they are in rut. That was a younger goat so he probably wasn't as stinky as an older goat would be.
How are you and Mr. Peach doing?
Hey Gallantwarrior,
I saw this cute video just now and wondered if any of your goats argues with you like this. :)

Grumpy goat argues with human
Thanks, Peach! What's really funny to me is, those videos with goats acting like that, they act like that because they are in rut. That was a younger goat so he probably wasn't as stinky as an older goat would be.
How are you and Mr. Peach doing?

Thank you for asking. :)

We are both doing fairly well.
I've been very busy with a lot of different things all summer.
I'm getting a new couch delivered at the end of this month.
Then I ordered a specialty birthday cake from a bakery.
I usually get them at the regular old groceries bakery.
I got Mr. P a sugar free ice cream cake once from Baskin Robbins. He loved it.
This will be my 1st and only bakery cake. I just wanted to try one.
I'm turning 66 and my birthday is on Sept. 6.
The terrible 3 's. :FIREdevil: :lmao:
Hey, at our age if we don't spoil ourselves, who will? I love ice cream cakes, but regular cakes are a bit too much sugar and dough for me. I usually like eating the icing, though. Sep 6? That would make you a Virgo, wouldn't it?
Is Mr. P still riding about the countryside on his "bike"?

Yes , Mr. P's birthday is Sept. 19th, so both of us are Virgo's. :)
We are not suppose to be compatible. So much for astrology eh?

I'm getting a chocolate truffle cake, comfort food for the big 666 day. :biggrin:
I also know if I eat that whole 2 layer 8" cake I'm going to balloon to 115 or 16.
Just call me chubby Peach for a few months.

Mr. P and his best friend have been riding their Trike's all over the countryside, in-between the monsoon rains.
They go out early while it's still cool out.
Hot for you because it's in the low seventies. :)
He can no longer ride in the heat, it's just too hard on him, but he will ride more in the fall and winter.
Both are having a grand old time riding their bikes together.
I didn't realize you rode a bike, too? Or is this a bicycle? Glad to know he's doing so much better than this time last year, though.
Hell, eat whatever you want. Enjoy life, take big bites. There aren't too many bites left for most of us.

I laid awake for an hour, and finally got up at 5AM. I will surf the web until 6AM then watch an early morning film on TV.
So, you know how I live on my days off? Not having sufficient electrickery, though, I read instead of watch TV.

I read too, I have a large collection of books, many of them on philosophy. I have nearly finished reading A history of western philosophy by Bertrand Russel. But its a struggle and I don't understand or remember most of what I have read. However I am going to read it again more slowly when I have finished a quick read through it.

I laid awake for an hour, and finally got up at 5AM. I will surf the web until 6AM then watch an early morning film on TV.
So, you know how I live on my days off? Not having sufficient electrickery, though, I read instead of watch TV.

I read too, I have a large collection of books, many of them on philosophy. I have nearly finished reading A history of western philosophy by Bertrand Russel. But its a struggle and I don't understand or remember most of what I have read. However I am going to read it again more slowly when I have finished a quick read through it.
I'm an eclectic reader. Since I got a new library card (instead of buying books), I usually just browse the stacks until something catches my attention. Most of the time I find something new and interesting.

Got the generator running again. The well digger came by and we finalized the location of my well. It won't be quite as expensive as I thought. Pretty pricey, just the same, having water provided on site.
My heritage breed turkey hen (Spanish Black) is currently sitting on a nest of 15 eggs. If she hatches them, I will have plenty of Thanksgiving dinners to share.

I'm an eclectic reader. Since I got a new library card (instead of buying books), I usually just browse the stacks until something catches my attention. Most of the time I find something new and interesting.

I have a library of my own, a lifetime collection of books, many of which I have not yet read. I have one bookcase dedicated to philosophy and psychology, and another full of religious books. I have read a number of them in the last couple of years. I recently ordered some more from amazon. Some books quote other books that sound interesting, so I buy them too. I just bought the meditations of Marcus Aurelius because it was mentioned in the history of western philosophy that I am reading.

LOL Montro. A good illustration of why you shouldn't necessarily interpret a word or phrase or whatever in only one way regardless of what you think of somebody. Pause for thought and allowance for more than one meaning should really be encouraged.

Here is another example:

39963490_10156230137759823_3469615817413361664_n.jpg

I saw that one recently, but without the Mom Taking Off Your Sweater part. :p

Forum List

Back