USMB Coffee Shop IV

I just got back a few minutes ago from getting my car checked because of an oil leak. The shop said the problem is a warped harmonic balancer and that it would cost about $400 to fix. :(

I'm hoping I can get one of the knowledgeable car people I know to do it if I buy the parts, or that somewhere else will have a lower price. I should have just spent more on a car in the first place, it looks like. This one is taking too much money.

I just got back a few minutes ago from getting my car checked because of an oil leak. The shop said the problem is a warped harmonic balancer and that it would cost about $400 to fix. :(

I'm hoping I can get one of the knowledgeable car people I know to do it if I buy the parts, or that somewhere else will have a lower price. I should have just spent more on a car in the first place, it looks like. This one is taking too much money.
How to Replace a Harmonic Balancer | AutoMD

They can definitely be money pits. But I would get a second opinion. This article doesn't say anything about oil leaks re a harmonic balancer:

Crankshaft Harmonic Dampener/Balancer Failure Signs

Decisions, decisions........ On a whim I called the gun shop in El Paso that had the original 1863 Sharps conversion carbine for $2500 to see if they still had it...... They do and told me I could have it for $1500....... For an original........
Decisions, decisions.......

wm_8257495.jpg

Decisions, decisions........ On a whim I called the gun shop in El Paso that had the original 1863 Sharps conversion carbine for $2500 to see if they still had it...... They do and told me I could have it for $1500....... For an original........

wm_8257495.jpg

Well it is beautiful. Not enough for me to buy at pretty much any price, but then you and I are wired differently re things like this.

Finally got my veteran brother neighors 2010 Challenger R/T and my 2017 2SS Camaro lined up for a few pics. Been wanting to get pics for quite awhile. Soon realized that the direct sun was a problem with glare off the cars, but, here's a pic of the two beasts anyway. We'll redo the pics at a later date and later in the day when we can get them in the shade...

IMG_0067-1.jpg

Finally got my veteran brother neighors 2010 Challenger R/T and my 2017 2SS Camaro lined up for a few pics. Been wanting to get pics for quite awhile. Soon realized that the direct sun was a problem with glare off the cars, but, here's a pic of the two beasts anyway. We'll redo the pics at a later date and later in the day when we can get them in the shade...

IMG_0067-1.jpg
Nice.

I was looking at a sporty two seater myself.

6B04E5D0-9312-4AD6-86A7-401646323144.jpg

IMG_0067-1.jpg
Nice.

That ought 'ta do 'er, bro. Get yourself a high performance mule to pule it and you're in bidness... :lol:

IMG_0067-1.jpg
Nice.

That ought 'ta do 'er, bro. Get yourself a high performance mule to pule it and you're in bidness... :lol:
Mule hell, I want speed........

Just finished dinner, pork loin roast with an apple, mustard glaze/sauce. For veggies I tried something new, garlic/parmesan green beans, simple and very good.

wm_8257495.jpg
Whim?
That wasn't a whim, that was a meant to be. :)

I'd get it for that price.

wm_8257495.jpg
Whim?

Gotta wait a little longer, don't want to buy it on credit. If they still have it next month I should be able to buy it.

Just finished dinner, pork loin roast with an apple, mustard glaze/sauce. For veggies I tried something new, garlic/parmesan green beans, simple and very good.

I'm planning one for our Sunday dinner with Dana and Aunt Betty--pork loin roast with apricot sauce. New recipe. Wish me luck.

IMG_0067-1.jpg
Nice.

Mule hell, I want speed........

th

wm_8257495.jpg
Whim?

Gotta wait a little longer, don't want to buy it on credit. If they still have it next month I should be able to buy it.

Excellent!
It also gives you some time to think it over.
Winner, winner.

I'm planning one for our Sunday dinner with Dana and Aunt Betty--pork loin roast with apricot sauce. New recipe. Wish me luck.
The green beans are simple;
Extra fine whole green beans
Tbsp olive oil
Garlic powder
Lite salt
Parmesan cheese

Saute the beans in olive oil with salt and garlic. When done (quick cooking time) put on plates and sprinkle with parmesan.

Tbsp olive oil
Garlic powder
Lite salt
Parmesan cheese

Saute the beans in olive oil with salt and garlic. When done (quick cooking time) put on plates and sprinkle with parmesan.

I'll try that. These are fresh green beans? Not canned?

Tbsp olive oil
Garlic powder
Lite salt
Parmesan cheese

Frozen but you can use fresh if you want. I quick cooked mine in a cast iron skillet on medium high. If you use fresh you may want to cook em on medium.

Here's the recipe I modified;

Garlic Parmesan Green Beans

Tbsp olive oil
Garlic powder
Lite salt
Parmesan cheese

Frozen but you can use fresh if you want. I quick cooked mine in a cast iron skillet on medium high. If you use fresh you may want to cook em on medium.

Here's the recipe I modified;

Garlic Parmesan Green Beans

Thanks. I'm going to add that to Sunday's menu. :)

wm_8257495.jpg
Whim?

My buddy manages a pawn shop. He called one day said he had a 1942 (circa) Mauser K-98, mint condition, $250. I couldn't get there fast enough. A couple months later, a Lee Enfield... bought that one too.

Forum List

Back