USMB Coffee Shop IV

This is what I saw when I went out to the living room this morning:

View attachment 227744

The damn Boxer chewed through the bottom of his bed and spread the stuffing all over. :mad:
I'm so sorry. Animals are brave defenders of our homes, but they have their little flaws. Once he figures out that is irritating to you he won't do it after that day.

If only! The dog has been chewing on his bed, and just about anything else he can get to, since he got here. This was just a particularly egregious example. Believe me, it should be pretty clear that I don't want him doing it; he gets told he's bad every time I catch him doing that sort of thing, but he doesn't much care.

Puppies and young dogs have to chew. And some dogs are more destructive than others. They should be supplied with plenty of toys of their own to chew on. You might suggest to the owner that a trainer be employed to correct the dog's behavior. The dog wants to fit into the pack and generally will try to conform if he understands what is expected of him--the happiest dogs are those who understand what is expected of them and they will do that enthusiastically. But they don't understand most English and they don't understand why they are being scolded for just being a dog. :)

Okay, met with the oncologist yesterday afternoon, good news, not so good news, worse than what she was hoping to hear, better than I was afraid we'd hear. Apparently there's not just a sarcoma but possibly a primary underlying cancer. What he saw on the CT Scan had him wondering at first if he was looking at the wife's scan because sarcomas don't spread the way her's has. Given the advances in cancer treatment over the last ten years even over the last six months he's fairly optimistic she can beat it.
Today he's having a care conference with multiple docs about her condition which, leave it to her is unusual at best.

Okay, met with the oncologist yesterday afternoon, good news, not so good news, worse than what she was hoping to hear, better than I was afraid we'd hear. Apparently there's not just a sarcoma but possibly a primary underlying cancer. What he saw on the CT Scan had him wondering at first if he was looking at the wife's scan because sarcomas don't spread the way her's has. Given the advances in cancer treatment over the last ten years even over the last six months he's fairly optimistic she can beat it.
Today he's having a care conference with multiple docs about her condition which, leave it to her is unusual at best.
She would know, she's a nurse, isn't she? Good luck to her, and you, too.

There is always hope and it looks like she has more cause for hope than many. I sure would look into that Budwig program though if they don't come up with a treatment she can accept.

No, she's a counselor and a teacher (since she took the job with Job Corps).

No, she's a counselor and a teacher (since she took the job with Job Corps).
Oops!I mixed her up with someone else. I still hope things go well for y'all.

Plus I had something strange happen to me the last couple of days, think it's due to the Wellbutrin the doc gave me to take the edge off the stress. Two days ago I started to fell "weird" then for the last day and a half I slept..... Almost the entire time as in I couldn't keep my eyes open not to mention the headache and the upset stomach that was so bad I didn't have an appetite. Stopped taking it yesterday and I'm finally starting to feel better.
Finally ate something for lunch as I was pretty hungry after not eating for two days........

Today is a happy day for me!!! I finally completed my collection of Roosevelt dimes. I have one of every Roosevelt dime that has ever been made. My collection also includes one of all the error coins. Took a while but I finally did it. The hardest one to find was the 1982 no mintmark dime that was produced in Philadelphia. There is only about 10,000 of the coins believed to have been made. I’m a happy fella. Today the coffee is on me. Put it on my tab!

UPDATE: Gracie is in her van with two cats and a dog. The landlord's house burned down and most of Gracie's mementos with it. She was able to get a hotel room last night but now is in her van. She just barely got her cell charged up if anyone is trying to reach her.

Good news but hope she and Dennis will take advantage of the shelters offered there. And hopefully disaster relief will help them find a place to live.

After having to translate my quite legible handwritten note to a young clerk this week, I am convinced this is right:

45658213_2161873560539487_6816043623361019904_n.png

Plus I had something strange happen to me the last couple of days, think it's due to the Wellbutrin the doc gave me to take the edge off the stress. Two days ago I started to fell "weird" then for the last day and a half I slept..... Almost the entire time as in I couldn't keep my eyes open not to mention the headache and the upset stomach that was so bad I didn't have an appetite. Stopped taking it yesterday and I'm finally starting to feel better.
Finally ate something for lunch as I was pretty hungry after not eating for two days........

Got your mind off the stress huh?

View attachment 227744

The damn Boxer chewed through the bottom of his bed and spread the stuffing all over. :mad:
I'm so sorry. Animals are brave defenders of our homes, but they have their little flaws. Once he figures out that is irritating to you he won't do it after that day.

If only! The dog has been chewing on his bed, and just about anything else he can get to, since he got here. This was just a particularly egregious example. Believe me, it should be pretty clear that I don't want him doing it; he gets told he's bad every time I catch him doing that sort of thing, but he doesn't much care.
Have you ever tried obedience training? He might need it to help him learn to figure you out and do what you want him to do when you want him to. It'll pay you back ten times what you have to pay for the training for him.

Today is a happy day for me!!! I finally completed my collection of Roosevelt dimes. I have one of every Roosevelt dime that has ever been made. My collection also includes one of all the error coins. Took a while but I finally did it. The hardest one to find was the 1982 no mintmark dime that was produced in Philadelphia. There is only about 10,000 of the coins believed to have been made. I’m a happy fella. Today the coffee is on me. Put it on my tab!
Wish I had your smarts, BBD. My husband was also a numismaticist, and I have no idea how to make heads or tails of his collection. :(

I'm so happy you completed a collection. That's a pretty good deal, I understand.

View attachment 227744

Have you ever tried obedience training? He might need it to help him learn to figure you out and do what you want him to do when you want him to. It'll pay you back ten times what you have to pay for the training for him.

It's not my house, nor my dog, and I don't have the money to want to pay for training; I get paid in room and board, not cash, so I pay for things out of my savings.

I had actually been planning to leave here in a month and a half or so, but that's been pushed back. Still, I will probably only be here for another 6-7 months, after which I won't have to deal with any pets. :p

I apologize for not reading all 5,724 pages before posting. This looks like a pleasant thread. Hope you don't mind someone just barging in rudely, dripping snow everywhere.

UPDATE: Gracie is in her van with two cats and a dog. The landlord's house burned down and most of Gracie's mementos with it. She was able to get a hotel room last night but now is in her van. She just barely got her cell charged up if anyone is trying to reach her.

Good news but hope she and Dennis will take advantage of the shelters offered there. And hopefully disaster relief will help them find a place to live.

I hope so too but the whole town is displaced along with the already homeless people in Chico. Plus they have animals, typically shelters don't take dogs and cats.

What I really wish is she could get a mobile home cheap somewhere and settle down in a safe place.

Forum List

Back