USMB Coffee Shop IV

Toilet-Paper-Over-Under.jpg

Which one did you vote for?

I know we're supposed to keep politics out of the CS, but anyone who voted for choice 2 is a bad person. :lol:
You have uniquely seen the light, I gather. It's all good! :9-21:

Seems I've been here half an hour trying to catch up. Hope every one here knows there's a candle of love or two or more, shining somewhere in the world just for you.
One of them will be in my heart for the duration.
Love,
becki

Special prayers and positive vibe directed to the people of Northern California in harm's way, the people of Paradise and other towns, and all in harm's way of the terrible fire. That would include Gracie and Dennis, Drifters friend's mother, and all others.

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we continue pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for:

Harper
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Nosmo's mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
Kat's sister,
Dana, Foxfyre's friend recovering from heart transplant
Strength and stamina for gallantwarrior in his relocation project,
ricechickie for trouble free healing and wellness,
Sixfoot for an accurate diagnosis and wellness,
Wellness for Foxfyre's sister and Hombre's sister
Gracie
Hombre's sister
Mrs. Ringel and Ringel and impending diagnosis
Saveliberty's mom for successful surgery and quick healing
TheLiq and family who need prayers and positive vibes now

And we keep the porch light on so those who have been away can find their way back and we rejoice when they do!!!

ob_21c3ae_a2e57ec1abedec144a068087096a8161.jpg

I caught the news about the Paradise fire on the way to work. I immediately thought of Gracie and Mr G. I sure hope they come through this alright. It seems like the past few years they've had nothing but bad luck or worse luck . Gracie, if you're out there, I hope you continue to be a survivor.

I caught the news about the Paradise fire on the way to work. I immediately thought of Gracie and Mr G. I sure hope they come through this alright. It seems like the past few years they've had nothing but bad luck or worse luck . Gracie, if you're out there, I hope you continue to be a survivor.

It's horrible. I heard 360 homes were burned down, that was last night. Paradise is a small little town. Population 26,682. If Gracie's home she rented a room from burned down then she is homeless again and living in her van.

Last edited:
45661520_1839037889528915_6575547440722608128_n.jpg
This is the Black Bear restaurant in Paradise Ca, We think my boyfriend's moms house burned down.
Oh, no, Drifter. I'm so sorry. Prayer's up. :eusa_pray:

Thanks, it's so sad for his Mom because his Dad died of lung cancer 2 years ago and left her widowed. A few years before that her daughter died of pancreatic cancer. Now her house burned down and all the photos, keepsakes, etc. Last time I visited I scanned a lot of their family pictures. At least now they will have some preserved digitally. But still, she's all alone right now. They have some churches in Chico welcoming people in. I hope Gracie got in.

It's horrible. I heard 360 homes were burned down, that was last night. Paradise is a small little town. Population 26,682. If Gracie's home she rented a room from burned down then she is homeless again and living in her van.
If she managed to get the van out. Reports indicate lots of people had to abandon their cars and run for it.

If she managed to get the van out. Reports indicate lots of people had to abandon their cars and run for it.

Have you been able to reach her by phone?

No. It's too early but I plan on trying in a couple of hours. Have you heard anything from your boyfriend's mom.?

No. It's too early but I plan on trying in a couple of hours. Have you heard anything from your boyfriend's mom.?

Yes, she has evacuated and they even made her leave her car. She was taken to a church. I texted Gracie but have not heard back. It occurs to me if she is in a van her phone may or may not be charged. If they made her leave her vehicle then I have no idea if she will be able to use her phone or not.

he largest inferno, sparked Thursday morning in Northern California, prompted numerous evacuations, including several entire towns.

By Thursday night, it was apparent that Paradise, a town of 27,000 people north of Sacremento, had been devastated by the fire.

"Pretty much the community of Paradise is destroyed, it's that kind of devastation," said Cal Fire Capt. Scott McLean late Thursday. "The wind that was predicted came and just wiped it out."

At a Thursday evening news conference, Butte County Cal Fire Chief Darren Read said several hundred buildings, possibly as many as 1,000 or more, were destroyed in Paradise, though they won't have a more exact number until they survey the damage. Another 15,000 remained threatened in the area, according to CalFire.

"The whole town’s on fire," Paradise councilman Scott Lotter, who evacuated with his family, told the Sacramento Bee earlier Thursday. "It’s pretty grim."

Entire California Town Destroyed; Tens of Thousands Flee in Los Angeles, Ventura Counties | The Weather Channel

That's the thing. They had so very little as it was and it is likely they lost all or most of what they had.

'Destroyed': In Paradise, California, entire community of 27,000 was ordered to evacuate

This is what I saw when I went out to the living room this morning:

View attachment 227744

The damn Boxer chewed through the bottom of his bed and spread the stuffing all over. :mad:
I'm so sorry. Animals are brave defenders of our homes, but they have their little flaws. Once he figures out that is irritating to you he won't do it after that day.

If only! The dog has been chewing on his bed, and just about anything else he can get to, since he got here. This was just a particularly egregious example. Believe me, it should be pretty clear that I don't want him doing it; he gets told he's bad every time I catch him doing that sort of thing, but he doesn't much care.

That's the thing. They had so very little as it was and it is likely they lost all or most of what they had.

'Destroyed': In Paradise, California, entire community of 27,000 was ordered to evacuate
I know.

Forum List

Back