USMB Coffee Shop IV

Without being political, please vote Tuesday, if you already haven't by absentee. I'll still like all of you regardless of how you voted on Wednesday.

I agree Save. And vote early and often is always good advice and the American way. :) Seriously, we should all vote. Hombre and I voted week before last as soon as early voting stations opened up here. Chatting with the poll workers, a lot of people are.

You know its wet when this guy shows up in NYC.

mandarin-duck.jpg

What is that? It is positively gorgeous!

Mandaran Duck
About to become Peking Duck........

Without being political, please vote Tuesday, if you already haven't by absentee. I'll still like all of you regardless of how you voted on Wednesday.
I would love to but someone screwed up when I did a change of address with DMV and the election people. I'd have to drive to Albuquerque to vote then drive back home, not gonna happen.

Quiet weekend for me. The partner has decided to stay in town. He's got a few things to do and his polling place is there. I'm registered to vote out here in the boonies.
Well, we've gotten to single digit temps here. That makes it FREAKIN' cold. I've set up a couple of camp stoves out by the goat pen so I can melt their water bowls. Poor things! At least the water is warmer. I also lost another doe who left a little buckling. He's all alone now and I've been watching him closely. I'm hoping the same "auntie" who adopted the other doe's two kids will take him in, too.
I had planned on "retiring" next year about this time. Unfortunately, my well cost about $6000 more than I had planned on so I might have to keep going a little longer at the airport. The well is worth it, though. I'm pretty sure my property value increased by having it drilled.

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we continue pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for:

Harper
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Nosmo's mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
Kat's sister,
Dana, Foxfyre's friend recovering from heart transplant
Strength and stamina for gallantwarrior in his relocation project,
ricechickie for trouble free healing and wellness,
Sixfoot for an accurate diagnosis and wellness,
Wellness for Foxfyre's sister and Hombre's sister
Gracie
Hombre's sister
Mrs. Ringel and Ringel and impending diagnosis
Saveliberty's mom for successful surgery and quick healing
TheLiq and family who need prayers and positive vibes now

And we keep the porch light on so those who have been away can find their way back and we rejoice when they do!!!

Autumn in Alabama
63617594158693602978137769_leaves%20changing.jpg

Which airport? What do you do at the airport?

ANC... He is a Supervisory type A & P for a service company... But we don't hold that against him...

He also has taught university level classes for aircraft mechanics as well as running a goat farm and home based goat cheese,soap, and mead factory. :)

Last edited:
Which airport? What do you do at the airport?

ANC... He is a Supervisory type A & P for a service company... But we don't hold that against him...

He also has taught university level classes for aircraft mechanics as well as running a goat farm and home based goat cheese and mead factory. :)

Just reading about it makes me want to be lazy. :lol:

Hombre and I were more like that when we were younger though--had so many irons in the fire that it was hard to keep track. I finally outgrew it though I still overestimate how much I can accomplish in a given amount of time.

Last edited:
Welp, finally decided to divest myself of my WWII stuff. Already have people from my old unit wanting to buy a lot of it, mostly field equipment.

I voted...even though I don't have the sticker to prove it.

Was harassed by three poll workers. Normally its just two of them. I am getting more popular.

Toilet-Paper-Over-Under.jpg

Which one did you vote for?

I know we're supposed to keep politics out of the CS, but anyone who voted for choice 2 is a bad person. :lol:

Have you followed the TV series "The Good Doctor"? Sean Murphy M.D. is afflicted with autism making understanding normal human emotions and communications difficult for him, but he is a savant level physician. But almost all high functioning autistic persons also have some degree of OCD, and Sean's is severe.

So his 'normal' friend Leah, who understands his affliction, and the character Dr. Murphy recently leased an apartment together--no sex, just friends. And a good deal of last night's segment was their conflict in how to hang the toilet paper--he insisted it should come over the top as in Figure #1while she kept putting it against the wall as in Figure #2. :)

I agree the only proper way to hang it is in figure #1.

Forum List

Back