USMB Coffee Shop IV

Like a magician pulling a table cloth from under place settings, all the Halloween stuff is gone from the stores and the Christmas mechandise has arrived. Presto!

My Movie Night program kicks off in less than forty minutes. I hope some folks show up.

Mom has had a busy week. Today she drove my cousin Terry to Boardman, Ohio to have a tooth pulled. Monday she and I went to Pittsburgh for some shopping in the fabled Strip District. It's not like the seedy "strip district" out by the airport. It's the wholesale grocery area near downtown. Located on a rare flat strip of land on the south bank of the Allegheny River, the Strip is famous for fresh fish, whole spices and loads of Steelers, Penguins and Pirates swag.

Anyway, the rains have washed the colorful leaves from the trees. It would have been a lovely autumn, had it not been so damn wet. Our collective feet are back on the ground after the tragedy that befell our neighbors on October 27. The peace of the neighborhood
S here has been rattled, but out of that came the realization of what we knew all along. Pittsburgh is stronger than even our reputation.

We haven't had spaghetti for a while, the acidity upsets the wife's stomach but about a month ago she had spaghetti bolognese and had no problem with it. I made it for dinner, amazingly wonderful and not as heavy as a regular spaghetti sauce, had it over baked spaghetti squash. This recipe is a keeper. :thup:

This is the recipe I used but didn't add carrots and added oregano.

Easy spaghetti Bolognese

We haven't had spaghetti for a while, the acidity upsets the wife's stomach but about a month ago she had spaghetti bolognese and had no problem with it. I made it for dinner, amazingly wonderful and not as heavy as a regular spaghetti sauce, had it over baked spaghetti squash. This recipe is a keeper. :thup:

Easy spaghetti Bolognese

What is beef mince and where do you get it?

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we continue pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for:

Harper
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Nosmo's mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
Kat's sister,
Dana, Foxfyre's friend recovering from heart transplant
Strength and stamina for gallantwarrior in his relocation project,
ricechickie for trouble free healing and wellness,
Sixfoot for an accurate diagnosis and wellness,
Wellness for Foxfyre's sister and Hombre's sister
Gracie
Hombre's sister
Mrs. Ringel and Ringel and impending diagnosis
Saveliberty's mom for successful surgery and quick healing
TheLiq and family who need prayers and positive vibes now

And we keep the porch light on so those who have been away can find their way back and we rejoice when they do!!!

Autumn in Ohio
n Ohio
fall-foliage-shutterstock-1536414505-1372.jpg

Easy spaghetti Bolognese

Hamburger, grocery store........ :eusa_whistle:

Easy spaghetti Bolognese

Hamburger, grocery store........ :eusa_whistle:

Thanks. That does look good and I'm always looking for something good and different to make.

OMG!!! Gracie lives right in Paradise. Hope she and Dennis are okay. Since they have sort of 'temporarily' been camped out there waiting on permanent housing the last year or two, I'm pretty sure they don't have renter's insurance. Please send all possible prayers and positive vibes to them and all the people in that little town.

Last edited:

The whole town has been evacuated. My boyfriends mom lives there. It's really bad. I haven't heard from Gracie.

I'm really afraid for all of them.

The whole town has been evacuated. My boyfriends mom lives there. It's really bad. I haven't heard from Gracie.

I'm really afraid for all of them.

Extra prayers tonight.

Dear Lord through the fury of this fire in Paradise, let our friend Gracie and her husband prevail like Abednego and his brothers. Amen

Forum List

Back