USMB Coffee Shop IV

I apologize for not reading all 5,724 pages before posting. This looks like a pleasant thread. Hope you don't mind someone just barging in rudely, dripping snow everywhere.

So happy to have you Aurora Woman. Both to USMB and the Coffee Shop. And just consider this your neighborhood coffee shop/bar hang out place. Most of us just pick up the conversation when we come in--might read back a page but certainly not very far back.

Is the Aurora in Colorado? It is snowing there already?

Anyhow this is the place to come to just hang out, enjoy the really eclectic but terrific bunch of people who haunt this place, decompress or just gird yourself for the sometimes pretty contentious stuff out there on the rest of the board.

First timers receive a complimentary beverage:

th

I've been watching corny romantic hallmark movies today and I kinda like them from my usual death and destruction shows.

There are some Hallmark movies that are really good. But yeah, even the corny ones aren't terrible. I am a disaster movie fan--natural disasters with tornadoes, earthquakes, volcanoes, and such--I try to avoid watching too much of people just being mean to people movies.

I apologize for not reading all 5,724 pages before posting. This looks like a pleasant thread. Hope you don't mind someone just barging in rudely, dripping snow everywhere.

So happy to have you Aurora Woman. Both to USMB and the Coffee Shop. And just consider this your neighborhood coffee shop/bar hang out place. Most of us just pick up the conversation when we come in--might read back a page but certainly not very far back.

Anyhow this is the place to come to just hang out, enjoy the really eclectic but terrific bunch of people who haunt this place, decompress or just gird yourself for the sometimes pretty contentious stuff out there on the rest of the board.

th

Why thank you! That looks delicious! I'm being somewhat reticent for a while here (in general) till I get to know the personalities. Plus political discussion boards in general have gotten so UGLY in the last few years that I'm reluctant to get immersed again, because the stupid burns so bad. And then there are the sicko stalkers.... but let us not speak of that this evening.

The "Aurora" part of my screen-name comes from my love of the Northern Lights, not the lovely Colorado city... thanks for asking! We live in the UP of MI and yes -- it IS snowing here: We're under a winter storm warning for tonight, in fact. Ah yes.......... ;~)

Some of my aurora photos here, if you'd be so kind to take a look.
2017 - 2018 Aurora Photos

Welcome, Aurora Woman, to the best thread at USMB, and Foxfyre started it way back before I got here in 2011 as freedombecki.

It's the best thread only because of the really great people who have haunted it over the years and have made it that way. Many come and go over time, but it just seems to keep plugging along. We had to close three three previous Coffee Shops because they overwhelmed the software of the board but the Xenforo software seems to be handling the load just fine. We will have been going for nine years in May and have seen so many of us through joys and sorrows and hopes and dreams and finding love, laughter, tears, fears, triumphs and tragedy and just some really interesting stuff.

Welcome, Aurora Woman, to the best thread at USMB, and Foxfyre started it way back before I got here in 2011 as freedombecki.

It's the best thread only because of the really great people who have haunted it over the years and have made it that way. Many come and go over time, but it just seems to keep plugging along. We had to close three three previous Coffee Shops because they overwhelmed the software of the board but the Xenforo software seems to be handling the load just fine. We will have been going for nine years in May and have seen so many of us through joys and sorrows and hopes and dreams and finding love, laughter, tears, fears, triumphs and tragedy and just some really interesting stuff.

It's also really great because Foxfyre is a great person.

There are some Hallmark movies that are really good. But yeah, even the corny ones aren't terrible. I am a disaster movie fan--natural disasters with tornadoes, earthquakes, volcanoes, and such--I try to avoid watching too much of people just being mean to people movies.

I love those disaster flicks too. Twister. Volcano. Towering Inferno (lol -- remember that one?) Jurassic Park. Independence Day. What's your favorite?

th

Why thank you! That looks delicious! I'm being somewhat reticent for a while here (in general) till I get to know the personalities. Plus political discussion boards in general have gotten so UGLY in the last few years that I'm reluctant to get immersed again, because the stupid burns so bad. And then there are the sicko stalkers.... but let us not speak of that this evening.

The "Aurora" part of my screen-name comes from my love of the Northern Lights, not the lovely Colorado city... thanks for asking! We live in the UP of MI and yes -- it IS snowing here: We're under a winter storm warning for tonight, in fact. Ah yes.......... ;~)

Wow beautiful!! Something I've never seen. When we went to Alaska I had several things on my bucket list that I wanted to see and managed everything except I never saw a moose in the wild and no aurora borealis--too overcast to see it if it would have happened when we were there.

I imagine snow is no big deal where you are but we are praying for it here so our ski resorts can have a good long season.

I'm humbled and honored to be welcome here. I'll try to live up to the welcome.

Wow beautiful!! Something I've never seen. When we went to Alaska I had several things on my bucket list that I wanted to see and managed everything except I never saw a moose in the wild and no aurora borealis--too overcast to see it if it would have happened when we were there.

I imagine snow is no big deal where you are but we are praying for it here so our ski resorts can have a good long season.

We are praying for it here too. Winter tourism is almost as huge as summer tourism here. We have world class Nordic ski trails and competitions, downhill skiing too, dog mushing, thousands of miles of snow machine trails, etc. Where do you live?

I love those disaster flicks too. Twister. Volcano. Towering Inferno (lol -- remember that one?) Jurassic Park. Independence Day. What's your favorite?

Jurassic Park and Independence Day I classify as more sci-fi than disaster movie though a lot of sci-fi I like. But for disaster movies hard to choose a favorite. I do have Towering Inferno and have watched it many times. I love "Twister" and there is an old B movie--so B it doesn't even have closed caption--called simply "Tornado" that I am fond of. Others include "St. Helens", "Dante's Peak", "Day of Destruction", another B movie "Killer Flood--the Day the Dam Broke", "Earthquake" with Charleston Heston and Ava Gardner, and several dozen others that make up my collection so far. I also like all the Airport movies all of which have an element of disaster in them.

We are praying for it here too. Winter tourism is almost as huge as summer tourism here. We have world class Nordic ski trails and competitions, downhill skiing too, dog mushing, thousands of miles of snow machine trails, etc. Where do you live?

I am in Albuquerque but consider the whole state of New Mexico 'home'.

Special prayers and positive vibe directed to the people of Northern California in harm's way, the people of Paradise and other towns, and all others who have lost their homes and businesses. That would include Gracie and Dennis, Drifters friend's mother, and all others.

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we continue pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for:

Harper
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Nosmo's mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
Kat's sister,
Dana, Foxfyre's friend recovering from heart transplant
Strength and stamina for gallantwarrior in his relocation project,
Wellness for Foxfyre's sister and Hombre's sister
Gracie & Mr. G now homeless again
Drifter's friend's mother now homeless
Mrs. Ringel and Ringel and impending diagnosis
Saveliberty's mom for successful surgery and quick healing
TheLiq and family who need prayers and positive vibes now

And we keep the porch light on so those who have been away can find their way back and we rejoice when they do!!!

And for our newest friend, Aurora Woman, autumn in upper Michigan:
Laughing-Whitefish-Falls-Autumn-Snow-10-17-15.jpg

th

Best place to see moose is right around the big airport in Anchorage...or on the dinner table.

Forum List

Back