USMB Coffee Shop IV

I wonder if the person who let this go to print got fired.
headline.jpeg

Caption: The Importance of Proper Hyphen Use

I'm in Alaska. It's November. It's raining!

And here in New Mexico it's also November and dry as a bone--the few weather systems passing through haven't accomplished much in the way of moisture. At least you don't have a fire danger problem. See? There's always a bright side. :)

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we continue pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for:

Harper
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Rod, GW's partner,
Kat's sister,
Dana, Foxfyre's friend recovering from heart transplant
Strength and stamina for gallantwarrior in his relocation project,
Wellness for Foxfyre's sister and Hombre's sister
Saveliberty's mom for successful surgery and quick healing
TheLiq and family who need prayers and positive vibes now
Gracie & Mr. G now homeless again
Drifter's friend's mother now homeless
Mrs. Ringel and Ringel back in difficult transition, for guidance, and for healing
Montrovant in difficult transition
Nosmo's mom back in the hospital
Drifter for smooth sailing in her new job.

JustAnotherNut for strength and wisdom dealing with challenges.
Beautress's friend EJ undergoing chemo.
All those we love and care about who aren't on the list.

And we keep the porch light on so those who have been away can find their way back and we rejoice when they do!!!

encouraging-quote-for-the-day-be-encouraging-free-printable-quote-an-extraordinary-day.jpg

It's just raining cats and dogs here in Walker County. My lake is going to spill over today. It all goes down to the seasonal creek, then makes its way to the San Jacinto waterway, I think. It has rained every day a little or a lot for two months, except we had a couple of days last week where the sun made an appearance. It was stunningly beautiful for two days and a half of the third. Then, drip, drip, drip ….

Well, on the plus side, I'm finishing a lot of quilt tops for the charity team of Walker County, Texas, which meets tomorrow likely for the last time this year.

It's just raining cats and dogs here in Walker County. My lake is going to spill over today. It all goes down to the seasonal creek, then makes its way to the San Jacinto waterway, I think. It has rained every day a little or a lot for two months, except we had a couple of days last week where the sun made an appearance. It was stunningly beautiful for two days and a half of the third. Then, drip, drip, drip ….

Well, on the plus side, I'm finishing a lot of quilt tops for the charity team of Walker County, Texas, which meets tomorrow likely for the last time this year.

Hugs a plenty .. Lady Beautress ... :smiliehug:

I'm just a lump on the couch watching Fox News and considering being a putz, politically speaking..

I'm just a lump on the couch watching Fox News and considering being a putz, politically speaking..
Thanks, Lumpy. I noticed you were here this morning & glad to see you up and at 'em so early. My cat woke me up. I don't think she cares for the pitter patter of rain on a tin roof. Fixed a cuppa joe and just finished it off. Rainey days are better when you see good old friends in Foxy's Lounge..
:coffee:

I enjoy your posts Beautress. They are lyrical and descriptive.

I seem to be having the best climate at the moment, in central Europe.

One daughter is in Bangkok; 39 Celsius and high humidity.

And one is in the DC suburbs, snow all around.

A tin roof?

Last edited:

Thanks, Lumpy. I noticed you were here this morning & glad to see you up and at 'em so early. My cat woke me up. I don't think she cares for the pitter patter of rain on a tin roof. Fixed a cuppa joe and just finished it off. Rainey days are better when you see good old friends in Foxy's Lounge..

I like rainy days but there is a limit. Our nights are in 20's of late and I operate far better in the 60 to 80 range, I'm just too skinny for the 20's.. :lol:

I'm a night owl but I just poke around here every once in a while. I'm glad that you're around again, it inspires me to want to post again..

A tin roof?
Thanks for kind words, Mindful. Glad you're having good weather, and so far away, too!
About our metal roof, we were having such an overheated drought here that was so severe I was worried a tall pines fire would cause us grief, so I replaced the old red asbestos one with a blue tin roof. But the rain takes some getting used to because it amplifies the sound of falling rain. That isn't such a bad thing in warmer weather than now.

I like rainy days but there is a limit. Our nights are in 20's of late and I operate far better in the 60 to 80 range, I'm just too skinny for the 20's.. :lol:

I'm a night owl but I just poke around here every once in a while. I'm glad that you're around again, it inspires me to want to post again..
You go, guy! :)

A tin roof?
Thanks for kind words, Mindful. Glad you're having good weather, and so far away, too!
About our metal roof, we were having such an overheated drought here that was so severe I was worried a tall pines fire would cause us grief, so I replaced the old red asbestos one with a blue tin roof. But the rain takes some getting used to because it amplifies the sound of falling rain. That isn't such a bad thing in warmer weather than now.

I noticed those metal roofs in Northern Virginia. I thought they looked attractive. Everything is tiled in Europe.

The azure blue color of the roof made the house look 100 times better, but really, it was just a measure to save the house in case of fire. We had almost 90 days of temperatures over 100F, most were a lot hotter. The final month, there were fires igniting all over central Texas, and here in the tall piney woods I counted 7 distant fires one of those really hot days that were off in the distance. It was an awful year. One town just burned up. Bastrop, I think.

th

The azure blue color of the roof made the house look 100 times better, but really, it was just a measure to save the house in case of fire. We had almost 90 days of temperatures over 100F, most were a lot hotter. The final month, there were fires igniting all over central Texas, and here in the tall piney woods I counted 7 distant fires one of those really hot days that were off in the distance. It was an awful year. One town just burned up. Bastrop, I think.

th

Looks shocking.

Forum List

Back