USMB Coffee Shop IV

Just got back home from having the port put in for chemo which is supposed to start on Tuesday now, the general surgeon cut his vacation short by a couple of days to install the port. The problem was last evening, just before closing time the hospital billing called and told us we would have to come up with $1600 or they wouldn't even schedule the procedure, we finally agree to $500 so we could go forward. Also have to come up with another $500 on Tuesday to start the chemo.......

How many sessions of it will she have to undergo, Ringel?
Good question, when I have a good answer.......

An acquaintance from the Andy Jackson Flight Park was killed yesterday in a paragliding accident....A truly happy and ebullient soul...The #1 reason I have no desire to learn any aerobatics.

RIP, Lua. :cry:

Lua Silveira

Marshall/Crestline Free Flight Page

Sorry for your loss Oddball. We sometimes drive up on Sandia Crest that towers a mile above Albuquerque and watch the hang gliders launch from the top. They play in the volatile currents near the mountain a bit and then sail out over the city landing somewhere in the bosque along the Rio Grande. Beautiful and fun to watch. But not something I have been inspired to do. I would think paragliding would be much the same.

2960357432_b61a6a0a72_b.jpg

An acquaintance from the Andy Jackson Flight Park was killed yesterday in a paragliding accident....A truly happy and ebullient soul...The #1 reason I have no desire to learn any aerobatics.

RIP, Lua. :cry:

Lua Silveira

Marshall/Crestline Free Flight Page
I'm so sorry you lost your fellow paraglider, Oddball. I know how much joy your sport gives you, so I hope nothing bad ever happens to you, and that her family and friends receive comfort knowing she is on many people's prayer lists. :eusa_pray: Please be safe when you're up there.

Regarding Gracie; the UK Sky News sent a British journalist up to Paradise, to survey the devastating aftermath, and give a report on it. We saw on our TV's all the burnt out cars, and remnants of houses sticking up all around the area. He made an interesting observation that, it took months if not years to destroy a city like Raqqa, yet nature needed only two and a half hours to reduce a sizeable town like Paradise to virtually nothing.

Will it all be rebuilt?
Yes..they will rebuild but it is going to be a very different town. Yuppies will take over. The old folks that died..well..they are dead. The ones that will rebuild will be the minority. Young families are now the focal point...double wide mobile homes..no more rat trappy junk heaps, stronger city council that will actually enforce the town rules concerning crap and debris willy nilly...less trees...better roads. Suburb of Chico is the aim. Live in the mountians, drive 15 minutes to work. So the quaint redneck qwerky town it used to be is gone forever. Thats a good thing..and kind of a sad thing.

Gracie How are you & Mr G doing? Are you getting settled in with your roomie?
Hanging in there, we are. She is going to look at a house this coming tuesday that I found on zillow. Awesome house...but an oldie. Built in 1908. made of brick, two story....very vintage. Whether she buys it or not is unknown. I told her she has us for a year..may as well put us to work helping fixing up an old house.
Anyway..the apt is very small but very cozy and we have not killed each other yet, lol.

Just got back home from having the port put in for chemo which is supposed to start on Tuesday now, the general surgeon cut his vacation short by a couple of days to install the port. The problem was last evening, just before closing time the hospital billing called and told us we would have to come up with $1600 or they wouldn't even schedule the procedure, we finally agree to $500 so we could go forward. Also have to come up with another $500 on Tuesday to start the chemo.......

How many sessions of it will she have to undergo, Ringel?
Good question, when I have a good answer.......
Praying for Mrs. Ringel. :eusa_pray:

Is this just to cover your deductible, or are they charging for something the insurance should pay for and will reimburse later?
When you get that GoFundMe page set up, post a link here. Good luck.

Sheesh! I wish the weather would make up it's mind. Last weekend, temps got up as high as 40F and everything was melting like crazy. This week, temps at my place the last two days have gone down to -15F, a 55 degree drop! That's brutally cold and all the animals are suffering. I'm putting out more straw later today, hot mash for the goats and I've been warming the chickens' water. The yard dogs are getting blocks of peanut butter suet to help heat them a bit from the inside. I came home yesterday to find that the propane had run out and the house was freezing, literally. Changed the bottle and fired up the wood-burner pronto. I have a load of things need done, as usual. Guess I'll bundle up and git-er done. Keeping my hands from freezing is the hardest part. I may have to type with nubs if I'm not careful.

Is this just to cover your deductible, or are they charging for something the insurance should pay for and will reimburse later?
When you get that GoFundMe page set up, post a link here. Good luck.
Co-pays and start of new year deductibles.

Finally pulled the leftover turkey out of the freezer (about 3 cups worth) and made the turkey pot pie I've been meaning to make for the last couple of weeks. Turned out even better than Marie Callender's. Time to pick up some small (deep dish) pie pans and start making my own all the time. :thup:

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we continue pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for:

Harper
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Rod, GW's partner,
Kat's sister,
Dana, Foxfyre's friend recovering from heart transplant
Strength and stamina for gallantwarrior in his relocation project,
Wellness for Foxfyre's sister and Hombre's sister
Saveliberty's mom for successful surgery and quick healing
TheLiq and family who need prayers and positive vibes now
Drifter's friend's mother now homeless
Montrovant in difficult transition
Nosmo's mom back in the hospital
Drifter for smooth sailing in her new job.

JustAnotherNut for strength and wisdom dealing with challenges.
Beautress's friend EJ undergoing chemo.
Gracie & Mr. G for positive trend to continue.
Ringel and Mrs. R facing serious health challenges with resulting financial challenges.
GallantWarrior for healing and wellness.
All those we love and care about who aren't on the list.

And we keep the porch light on so those who have been away can find their way back and we rejoice when they do!!!

The mixed blessings of winter: so necessary for the ecology in many places, winter sports, incredible beauty, and also hardship for man and beast. But spring will come.
4pbSsUH.jpg

Last edited:

Forum List

Back