USMB Coffee Shop IV

49403625_2525888434349563_2104662411742019584_n.jpg

The coffee shop seems a bit quiet. I usually log in every day to see what's going on, but don't have much to say.

Sometimes it is like that. There is an ebb and flow to the Coffee Shop. There are times there won't be a half dozen posts over two or three days and sometimes we run several pages in a single day. And that's fine. We all have lives to live, challenges to conquer, passions to pursue, etc. etc. etc. and I would be the first to say that a message board, even the Coffee Shop, should not be a priority of anybody.

But going on nine years now, I really do love you guys and appreciate one place we can all connect now and then without the vitriole and conflict that is present elsewhere on all these politically slanted boards.

But I do love it when folks check in here now and then. I have become really fond of you all.

Those of you who trust me with your email addresses or cellphone numbers can PM them to me. I will guard them with my life and share them with nobody without your explicit permission. That way if the USMB gods decide to close up this site for any reason, we will have some means to maybe reconnect someplace else. I'm pretty sure those USMB gods know I wont go luring you somewhere else otherwise. :)

I just discoverer a gold mine of artists. look up the following artist on google, and select images
hans georg leiendecker homepage

Also look up, Rudolph Steiner Paintings

Last edited:
Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we continue pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for:

Harper
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Rod, GW's partner,
Kat's sister,
Dana, Foxfyre's friend recovering from heart transplant
Strength and stamina for gallantwarrior in his relocation project,
Wellness for Foxfyre's sister and Hombre's sister
Saveliberty's mom for successful surgery and quick healing
TheLiq and family who need prayers and positive vibes now
Drifter's friend's mother now homeless
Montrovant in difficult transition
Nosmo's mom back in the hospital
Drifter for smooth sailing in her new job.

JustAnotherNut for strength and wisdom dealing with challenges.
Beautress's friend EJ undergoing chemo.
Gracie & Mr. G for positive trend to continue.
Ringel and Mrs. R facing serious health challenges with resulting financial challenges.
GallantWarrior for healing and wellness.
All those we love and care about who aren't on the list.

And we keep the porch light on so those who have been away can find their way back and we rejoice when they do!!!

The mixed blessings of winter: so necessary for the ecology in many places, winter sports, incredible beauty, and also hardship for man and beast. But spring will come.
4pbSsUH.jpg

Thanks, Foxfyre. Love the winter landscape. It's beautiful.

In the 1970's I briefly attended a painting class by a lady named Gladys Mayer, who knew Rudolph Steiner and was a student of his painting style. The above picture is not by her, but is in her style. Probably by one of her students. Unfortunately nobody seems to have put her pictures on the internet. But I remember them as beautiful when I visited her house. Tragically I heard she was knocked down and killed by a motorcycle.

In the 1970's I briefly attended a painting class by a lady named Gladys Mayer, who knew Rudolph Steiner and was a student of his painting style. The above picture is not by her, but is in her style. Probably by one of her students. Unfortunately nobody seems to have put her pictures on the internet. But I remember them as beautiful when I visited her house. Tragically I heard she was knocked down and killed by a motorcycle.
Sorry to hear your painter instructor died. Prayers up! ^

The coffee shop seems a bit quiet. I usually log in every day to see what's going on, but don't have much to say.
Your picture above is an inspiration, Dajjal. Thanks for sharing it.

Thanks, I have been looking at hundreds of paintings by students of the Rudolph Steiner style and I have been wondering why I have wasted so many years doing nothing. Maybe seeing what I could have done, being done by others will motivate me.

Sorry to hear your painter instructor died. Prayers up! ^

If you are interested in painting, Gladys Mayer wrote a couple of books on colour, and they are for sale on amazon. I have copies which I brought from her in the 1970's and I wish now I had spent more time in her class.

Here is a link about Gladys, with a photo of her standing in front of one of her pictures.

Gladys Mayer | anthropopper

Just got back home from having the port put in for chemo which is supposed to start on Tuesday now, the general surgeon cut his vacation short by a couple of days to install the port. The problem was last evening, just before closing time the hospital billing called and told us we would have to come up with $1600 or they wouldn't even schedule the procedure, we finally agree to $500 so we could go forward. Also have to come up with another $500 on Tuesday to start the chemo.......
Just got back home from having the port put in for chemo which is supposed to start on Tuesday now, the general surgeon cut his vacation short by a couple of days to install the port. The problem was last evening, just before closing time the hospital billing called and told us we would have to come up with $1600 or they wouldn't even schedule the procedure, we finally agree to $500 so we could go forward. Also have to come up with another $500 on Tuesday to start the chemo.......
Is this just to cover your deductible, or are they charging for something the insurance should pay for and will reimburse later?
When you get that GoFundMe page set up, post a link here. Good luck.
Co-pays and start of new year deductibles.
Still seems pretty steep, especially when they want the money up front.

The yard dogs are getting blocks of peanut butter suet to help heat them a bit from the inside.

Here I am 64 years young and still learning stuff... peanut butter suet... who knew?

I may have to type with nubs if I'm not careful.

Keep the blood off the keyboard, its really hard to clean up...
It's suet with peanut butter and peanuts added. The birds love it, too, but they get suet with mealworms added. The extra fat and energy for the dogs can't hurt when winter really comes down as hard as it has this past week.
I've been thinking of getting one of those plastic keyboard covers. I usually keep the laptop closed when not using it, though. If you saw what the case looks like after my four-leggers get done lounging on it...

Forum List

Back