USMB Coffee Shop IV

bacon-ice-cream-oh-yes-we-did-sign.jpg

I could never get behind that shortcut for the word Christmas. I won't do the Xmas. And it's not out of any religions belief, rather, just don't want to lose another tradition in my life and times.

I used to take offense at the use of Xmas, until I read up on it and found out that the "X" stands for Christ in the Greek language, and so now I'm quite okay with it. I'm sure many non-Christians may think they are making it secular, but, they're not, really.

Wiki:
while the "X" comes from the Greek letter Chi, which is the first letter of the Greek word Χριστός which comes into English as "Christ".[2]

There is a common misconception that the word Xmas stems from a secular attempt to remove the religious tradition from Christmas[3] by taking the "Christ" out of "Christmas", but its use dates back to the 16th century.

I just fixed turkey burger sliders for dinner. I had one...hubby had two. They were really good. Drool. And now I wait to digest then I will go get my choc chip ice cream for dessert.

Just a quick observation up there. . . Mertex's bacon up there is just a tad underdone for me. I want my bacon just exactly to the crisp, but not overly brittle stage--no soft spots.

Maybe this would be more to your liking?....................:eusa_whistle:

crispy-bacon.jpg

Forum List

Back