USMB Coffee Shop IV

4263.jpg

Good morning everybody. I'm up, showered, shampooed, face on, walking shoes on, ready to go when they call and tell us Uncle Ed has been released from the hospital. I'm still a bit miffed they didn't tell us sooner that he wouldn't be released yesterday so we sat around all days twiddling thumbs unable to plan anything, start anything, go anywhere for fear the phone would ring. So how long will the wait be today? We'll find out I guess.

Mertex, the second batch of bacon presented was edible, but that is too overdone--no doubt so brittle it is crumbly. I want my bacon in between--lightly golden all over but just to the barely crisp stage with no soft spots.

And I'm with BBD on the hotdog--given a choice between a hamburger and a hotdog, I will go for the hotdog every single time. And a dash of ketchup on them is okay though I usually don't plan that for my hotdogs. But!!! The one Jughead presented is underdone. A proper hotdog has to be cooked thoroughly so that the outer skin is really charred and beginning to split--almost burnt. Then a dash of a good mustard, sweet onions, maybe some relish, maybe a bit of kraut--yum. Good eating. :)

So it is yet another hump day. My goodness they come around really often don't they. Hope everybody is having a good one. I hope Uncle Ed is released pretty soon so I can start my week.

More coffee. . . .

On this day in history in. . . .

1980 - Billy Carter admits to being paid by Libya as an agent of Lybia. The U.S. Congress was not pleased and it probably didn't help Jimmy's campaign that year either though I don't recall it being a huge deal in the papers. I will have to say though that Billy was by far the most entertaining relative of any President we've ever had. And probably the best known. :)

1982 - FCC approves AM stereo radio, and KTSA San Antonio was the first station to go stereo. So why would the FCC have to approve stereo once radio was approved?

1989 - Winds gust to 85 MPH at Fort Smith Arkansas. Slow news day that day?

1994 - All 40,000 ceiling tiles in Kingdome must be replaced. That must have been one bad contractor.

And in 1976 the Wings released "Let em in" settling once and for all that Paul McCartney still had a career but never one to rival the Beatles.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0p4drWtJ0Ug]Paul McCartney and Wings - Let Em In - YouTube[/ame]

I agree with Foxfyre's bacon assessment, however I must default to hamburgers. Bacon cheeseburger...

Last edited:
I am getting very unfit, and I think I am going to have to start practicing Tae Kwon Do again. Trouble is I have nowhere to practice since the landlords took over my garden and turned it into a lawn. If I practice on their precious lawn I will wear out the grass, and that is likely to piss them off.:D

I agree with Foxfyre's bacon assessment, however I must default to hamburgers. Bacon cheeseburger...
Hamburgers are tops for me as well. I like my hamburgers simple, raw onions, pickles, mustard, relish, and maybe some catsup. Don' t get me wrong, I never met a hot dog I didn't like, however nothing beats a good hamburger.

Hamburgers are tops for me as well. I like my hamburgers simple, raw onions, pickles, mustard, relish, and maybe some catsup. Don' t get me wrong, I never met a hot dog I didn't like, however nothing beats a good hamburger.

You know, there are some real parallels between a juicy hamburger and a beautiful, desirable woman....

anyone want to make a list with me?

:D

1980 - Billy Carter admits to being paid by Libya as an agent of Lybia. The U.S. Congress was not pleased and it probably didn't help Jimmy's campaign that year either though I don't recall it being a huge deal in the papers. I will have to say though that Billy was by far the most entertaining relative of any President we've ever had. And probably the best known. :)

1982 - FCC approves AM stereo radio, and KTSA San Antonio was the first station to go stereo. So why would the FCC have to approve stereo once radio was approved?

1994 - All 40,000 ceiling tiles in Kingdome must be replaced. That must have been one bad contractor.

And in 1976 the Wings released "Let em in" settling once and for all that Paul McCartney still had a career but never one to rival the Beatles.

Paul McCartney and Wings - Let Em In - YouTube

Just a guess but probably bandwidth....

Happy Wednesday! I haven't had enough coffee yet. It is Wednesday, right? Ah, yep. Whew. I did say I need more coffee.

I actually oozed into my day without coffee at all. :ack-1:

It was time to go get a blood sample taken which means fasting. Wasn't sure if that applied to coffee or if they were gonna read vitals but if they did the latter I didn't want the BP artificially high again.

I'll get the results of the blood work next week, which will include reading how the red yeast rice (instead of statins) are working.

Now it's too late in the day for coffee. :crybaby:

You know, there are some real parallels between a juicy hamburger and a beautiful, desirable woman....

anyone want to make a list with me?

:D

They are both necessities. For me, both are a part of my daily life.

Happy Wednesday! I haven't had enough coffee yet. It is Wednesday, right? Ah, yep. Whew. I did say I need more coffee.

I actually oozed into my day without coffee at all. :ack-1:

It was time to go get a blood sample taken which means fasting. Wasn't sure if that applied to coffee or if they were gonna read vitals but if they did the latter I didn't want the BP artificially high again.

I'll get the results of the blood work next week, which will include reading how the red yeast rice (instead of statins) are working.

Now it's too late in the day for coffee. :crybaby:

I've been on and off 4 different Statins in the last 15 years. They work for a while then i start getting pain in my calves. I just quit the last one on the 14th of this month. Let me know about this red yeast rice........

Paul McCartney and Wings - Let Em In - YouTube

Sarge is correct, but also at the time of development there were four different systems proposed by different developers, and FCC had to settle on one in its job to ensure we all get the same quality and technical adaptability. Also since there were (and still are) a whole lot of mono FM radios in the public the chosen system had to be able to show up on the mono radio without losing anything. Basically they settled on a system that sums the left and right channels (L+R) for mono and then subtracts them (L-R) to produce stereo, modulated with a pilot tone of 19 kHz.

FCC has to examine and approve anything that changes the technological landscape, so that the public is all on the same page.

But Foxy, that year is wrong. I know for a fact that FM stereo was around long before '82. I want to say early '60s...

22 years in the Signal corps i had to be part right...But it's not FM Stereo, it was AM Stereo. Which I never thought about, the only AM I listen to is a local talk show...

Sarge is correct, but also at the time of development there were four different systems proposed by different developers, and FCC had to settle on one in its job to ensure we all get the same quality and technical adaptability. Also since there were (and still are) a whole lot of mono FM radios in the public the chosen system had to be able to show up on the mono radio without losing anything. Basically they settled on a system that sums the left and right channels (L+R) for mono and then subtracts them (L-R) to produce stereo, modulated with a pilot tone of 19 kHz.

FCC has to examine and approve anything that changes the technological landscape, so that the public is all on the same page.

But Foxy, that year is wrong. I know for a fact that FM stereo was around long before '82. I want to say early '60s...

22 years in the Signal corps i had to be part right...But it's not FM Stereo, it was AM Stereo. Which I never thought about, the only AM I listen to is a local talk show...

Damn. Well this is the price of a non-coffee day. One letter! :redface:

Nevertheless, more or less same story.

Forum List

Back