USMB Coffee Shop IV

Still cold here and going to get real cold again, like January cold. What in the heck is going on? Pretty day though. The sun is shining and even though it's only 26 degrees, you can feel Spring in the air. The sun is getting high in the sky and it won't be long now. The average temperature goes up over 20 degrees in March and we gain 88 minutes of daylight. It's invigorating... :04:
Yeah, we're suffering through 60 degrees today.........
Dang man... I feel your pain brother... :lol:

Back problems epidemic in your family? Just teasing. Glad to hear all surgeries went well and your own injury has resolved. You be careful though okay? We're rather fond of you, you know.

Bone spur by a nerve.
OH MAN... I can relate to THAT! That's what nicked the nerves in my cervical spine to my right arm and caused all the atrophy. Spent 10 hours in neurosurgery. And I have one in my lower back too that gives me problems every now and then.

Methinks cold weather brings the ouch out in mankind. That's why I moved 1300 miles south. Unfortunately, I didn't take into consideration acclamation to the climates and never thought I'd see the day when 45 degrees could seem unbearably cold. Even so, there's nothing like inhaling -40F air and feel every alveolar sac in your lungs freezing over.

Still cold here and going to get real cold again, like January cold. What in the heck is going on? Pretty day though. The sun is shining and even though it's only 26 degrees, you can feel Spring in the air. The sun is getting high in the sky and it won't be long now. The average temperature goes up over 20 degrees in March and we gain 88 minutes of daylight. It's invigorating... :04:

64 f in Albuquerque. 62 on the California coast where our daughter lives. And 34 in the Texas Panhandle where our son lives. But we under a high wind warming until 4 a.m. tomorrow and there is a lot of moisture west of us inching its way towards us. It is definitely March in New Mexico.

64 f in Albuquerque. 62 on the California coast where our daughter lives. And 34 in the Texas Panhandle where our son lives. But we under a high wind warming until 4 a.m. tomorrow and there is a lot of moisture west of us inching its way towards us. It is definitely March in New Mexico.
Not seeing the winds here...... yet.......
Drove the wife up to Ruidoso just to get her out of the house, we were going to Alamogordo but she decided she was completely pooped out so we turned around in Ruidoso after making a couple of stops. Made a Red Baron pizza for lunch, I say made instead of heated up because I toss more pepperoni on it, add onion and garlic powder, some Italian seasoning and extra Italian mix cheese. I also never follow the cooking directions with stor bought pizza, ya get a soggy pizza if you do. Pizzerias cook their's in a very HOT oven so I cook mine at 475 for about 8 - 9 minutes, comes out perfect.

Methinks cold weather brings the ouch out in mankind. That's why I moved 1300 miles south. Unfortunately, I didn't take into consideration acclamation to the climates and never thought I'd see the day when 45 degrees could seem unbearably cold. Even so, there's nothing like inhaling -40F air and feel every alveolar sac in your lungs freezing over.
I've heard though that high humidity can seep into your body and swell your joints. That's kinda the last thing you want if you have arthritis or bone spurs.

The only thing that the extreme dryness in the air up here in the winter that bothers me is in my sinuses, so I have two big full house humidifiers running that do a pretty good job.

Not seeing the winds here...... yet.......
Drove the wife up to Ruidoso just to get her out of the house, we were going to Alamogordo but she decided she was completely pooped out so we turned around in Ruidoso after making a couple of stops. Made a Red Baron pizza for lunch, I say made instead of heated up because I toss more pepperoni on it, add onion and garlic powder, some Italian seasoning and extra Italian mix cheese. I also never follow the cooking directions with stor bought pizza, ya get a soggy pizza if you do. Pizzerias cook their's in a very HOT oven so I cook mine at 475 for about 8 - 9 minutes, comes out perfect.

We sometimes add extra stuff to the frozen pizza too unless I make my own from scratch which we prefer but I am not always motivated to do. Oven is at recommended temp but we always cook the pizza right on the rack instead of a pizza pan. We get a nice crisp crust.

Similar tidings as here. By the end of March, we'll be gaining over 5 minutes/day of daylight.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
On Friday I slipped on some ice and fell face first on the ground. Ended up spending several hours in the ER. Got a concussion, and face that looks like hamburger and a swollen shut right eye. I am so ready for spring.

On Friday I slipped on some ice and fell face first on the ground. Ended up spending several hours in the ER. Got a concussion, and face that looks like hamburger and a swollen shut right eye. I am so ready for spring.

Holy cow BBD. I'm putting you on the list. So sorry and hope the healing goes well.

Sometimes these things feel so spot on accurate they are funnier than they otherwise would be:

53179929_2312463548997746_1167431677954228224_n.jpg

So far most of what the wife is tolerating is soup so I'm making chicken broth now, once it's done I'll toss in chicken, veggies and rice or noodles.
I don't boil the bones, skin, etc, cook it on low heat for about 3 -4 days and the broth is clear, boil it and you have cloudy broth.

Freezing fog yesterday and today. Well it froze last night even though the temps were only in the low 30s (below freezing) all afternoon.

And all day yesterday Weather.com was reporting we were at 51 degrees under partially cloudy skies.......... :lol:

Last edited:
Freezing fog yesterday and today. Well it froze last night even though the temps were only in the low 30s (below freezing) all afternoon.

And all day yesterday Weather.com was reporting we were at 51 degrees under partially cloudy skies.......... :lol:

Well for New Mexico, for most weather reporting services, we aren't important enough to really pay attention to, so our weather is mostly a cursory guesstimate to them I think. Even the Weather Channel will be reporting tornado warnings pretty much everywhere else in the country but never the rare one in New Mexico or blizzard warnings everywhere else but not here. They just don't think or care about us all that much.

Cold in Albuquerque this morning but we did have a lovely warm sunny day yesterday and it will be pleasant today. Meanwhile our son and family just a few hours east of us as the crow flies have had temperatures in the teens and snow the last three days. And we FINALLY got our roof leak fixed a few minutes ago so we can take the big plastic bowl with a wash cloth in the bottom of it (to prevent splashes) sitting on a jelly roll pan lined with a big absorbent towel off the bed in the master bedroom.

Speaking of weather though, after all the deadly and violent weather in Alabama, Georgia, and western Florida yesterday, could Kat , @ErnieS , Montrovant , WelfareQueen , Sherry et al report in so we know you're okay?

• Thanks
Reactions: Kat

Well for New Mexico, for most weather reporting services, we aren't important enough to really pay attention to, so our weather is mostly a cursory guesstimate to them I think. Even the Weather Channel will be reporting tornado warnings pretty much everywhere else in the country but never the rare one in New Mexico or blizzard warnings everywhere else but not here. They just don't think or care about us all that much.

Cold in Albuquerque this morning but we did have a lovely warm sunny day yesterday and it will be pleasant today. Meanwhile our son and family just a few hours east of us as the crow flies have had temperatures in the teens and snow the last three days. And we FINALLY got our roof leak fixed a few minutes ago so we can take the big plastic bowl with a wash cloth in the bottom of it (to prevent splashes) sitting on a jelly roll pan lined with a big absorbent towel off the bed in the master bedroom.

Speaking of weather though, after all the deadly and violent weather in Alabama, Georgia, and western Florida yesterday, could Kat , @ErnieS , Montrovant , WelfareQueen , Sherry et al report in so we know you're okay?

It's chilly here, about 40 degrees, but otherwise the weather is fine. There's been nothing severe near me.

Forum List

Back