USMB Coffee Shop IV

Inadvertently hit on a married woman today. Went to empty Dads 2 safe deposit boxes. Woman at the second bank was a tallish, trim, dark blond haired, hazel blue eyed beauty. 40 ish I would say. Didnt start really paying attention to her until we were wrapping things up. Did quick replay of events. Wasn't sure if I had seen a ring but wasn't going to let uncertainty get in the way so I hit her up. Got a big smile and laugh as she said I'm married, not quite schoolgirlish but almost. Should have tossed her a compliment with my explanation but I'm little out of practice. Got another big smile with a "but thanks" as I turned for the door.
You prolly made her day, Manonthestreet. :)
Least she can go home and tell hubby...hey pay attention, I still have total strangers after me.
Paranoia? :dunno?
Meaning she still has it.......
Somehow I missed that in translation...... :dunno:

Things are moving with the SSDI. Last Friday afternoon a Social Security case worker called to do a phone interview with the wife but she was sound asleep, he stated he saw what the diagnosis was and wanted to get started ASAP. Still I wasn't going to wake here up but we did get back in touch with him this morning so that's done. Also signed a bunch of financial and HIPAA documents to get things moving faster with possible Medicaid and other assistance.
So far the short term disability insurance has been making weekly deposits but don't know how long that will last, end of the month, mid May as was originally approved?
We have other possibilities available if we need them so things aren't as dire as first expected but that could change a little also.
She's finishing up her third cycle so she should have a CAT Scan soon and we'll see how much the tumors have shrunk, if at all.........
Prayers up for Mrs. Ringel. :huddle:

Oh yeah, had a modest inflow of funds, found a deal on a Nikon D7100 that I could not pass up, almost new for $300. Less than half of what it's worth in that condition so when it comes in I'll sell my D40x with two lenses and get back around $200. The D7100 beats the D40x hands down in all categories.
I was going to sell my Nikon EM but so far no nibbles, guess most people don't want an old film camera. Put a battery in it and it still works fine besides I still have around 10 rolls of film, past the expiration date but that doesn't mean they're bad.

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for:

Harper
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Rod, GW's partner,
Kat's sister,
Dana, Foxfyre's friend recovering from heart transplant
Strength and stamina for gallantwarrior in his relocation project,
Wellness for Foxfyre's sister and Hombre's sister
Saveliberty's mom for successful surgery and quick healing
TheLiq and family who need prayers and positive vibes now
Montrovant in difficult transition
Drifter for smooth sailing in her new job.

JustAnotherNut for strength and wisdom dealing with challenges.
Beautress's friend EJ undergoing chemo.
Gracie & Mr. G in difficult transition and for positive trend to continue.
Ringel and Mrs. R facing serious health challenges with resulting financial challenges.
GallantWarrior for healing and wellness.
All those we love and care about who aren't on the list.

And we keep the porch light on so those who have been away can find their way back and we rejoice when they do!!!

Winter is still with us, but its back is broken. For most of us we are seeing melting snow as often as new snow. Or no snow at all. Spring is erratic and usually windy in Albuquerque. But the crocuses are blooming and the daffodils are coming up.

crocus.jpg

Whoopee, today I have started writing a book. It is called 'schizophrenia and then some' It will cover a lot of ground but it starts with the following page.

In 1984 I remember thinking, well so much for George Orwell, where is big brother and the thought police. Orwell was just a miserable old cynic: How naïve I was then, and how little I knew. But just four years later in 1988 my awakening began. Circumstances conspired to bring me to the attention of the police. I first became aware of it when two officers in the street looked at me, and one said to the other "he is under investigation". I laughed under my breath, and thought "Mr plod, what does he know". At that time I could not possibly have been prepared for the crap storm that was about to come down on me, or how long it would go on, or how much damage it would eventually do me. I was to discover that psychology in the hands of the police was a cruel weapon of control and manipulation. I was to learn that the British police had imported personality profiling from the FBI. The likes of John Douglas and his book ' Mind hunter' and his British counterparts like Professor David Canter with his book ' criminal shadows. Also Paul Britton and his book ' Jigsaw man'
These men are clinical psychologists, not doctors who have taken the hypocritic oath to do no harm, then went on to study and become psychiatrists who spend their lives trying to help the mentally ill. Psychologists are another school who use their knowledge without scruples. It was nice of some of them to write books about their craft, and in doing so reveal the extent of their own egos and their failings. In fact Paul Britton says in his book he cannot afford to make mistakes as it could destroy some ones life. But he then went on to profile Colin Stagg who was accused of the Wimbledon common murder of Rachel Nickel based only on Britton's profile with no evidence. He devised a plan called the honey trap in which he tried to get Stagg to admit the murder to an undercover female police officer.He also showed his willingness to publish lurid details of the murder of Jamie Bulger who was killed by two ten year old boys. These details that I do not think were ever published in the newspapers because they are too horrible, are in his book plain to see for his poor mother to read. I hope to God she has not read it.

Well that's page one, but I have a problem. I don't know what software to write it on. I have Lotus word processor which has a spell checker, but it saves documents that can only be used in Lotus program. I need a word processor that will allow me to save my writings as text files so that I can copy and paste them to the internet, and also it must have a good spell checker built in.
Anyone have any ideas on where I can download such a word processor?

Whoopee, today I have started writing a book. It is called 'schizophrenia and then some' It will cover a lot of ground but it starts with the following page.

In 1984 I remember thinking, well so much for George Orwell, where is big brother and the thought police. Orwell was just a miserable old cynic: How naïve I was then, and how little I knew. But just four years later in 1988 my awakening began. Circumstances conspired to bring me to the attention of the police. I first became aware of it when two officers in the street looked at me, and one said to the other "he is under investigation". I laughed under my breath, and thought "Mr plod, what does he know". At that time I could not possibly have been prepared for the crap storm that was about to come down on me, or how long it would go on, or how much damage it would eventually do me. I was to discover that psychology in the hands of the police was a cruel weapon of control and manipulation. I was to learn that the British police had imported personality profiling from the FBI. The likes of John Douglas and his book ' Mind hunter' and his British counterparts like Professor David Canter with his book ' criminal shadows. Also Paul Britton and his book ' Jigsaw man'
These men are clinical psychologists, not doctors who have taken the hypocritic oath to do no harm, then went on to study and become psychiatrists who spend their lives trying to help the mentally ill. Psychologists are another school who use their knowledge without scruples. It was nice of some of them to write books about their craft, and in doing so reveal the extent of their own egos and their failings. In fact Paul Britton says in his book he cannot afford to make mistakes as it could destroy some ones life. But he then went on to profile Colin Stagg who was accused of the Wimbledon common murder of Rachel Nickel based only on Britton's profile with no evidence. He devised a plan called the honey trap in which he tried to get Stagg to admit the murder to an undercover female police officer.He also showed his willingness to publish lurid details of the murder of Jamie Bulger who was killed by two ten year old boys. These details that I do not think were ever published in the newspapers because they are too horrible, are in his book plain to see for his poor mother to read. I hope to God she has not read it.

Well that's page one, but I have a problem. I don't know what software to write it on. I have Lotus word processor which has a spell checker, but it saves documents that can only be used in Lotus program. I need a word processor that will allow me to save my writings as text files so that I can copy and paste them to the internet, and also it must have a good spell checker built in.
LibreOffice, as powerful if not more powerful than Microsoft Office programs and compatible with Word (and most of the rest of Microsoft Office). Can save your documents in multiple formats and the best of all it's free.........
Was originally written for Linux but works just as well on Windows.

Home | LibreOffice - Free Office Suite - Fun Project - Fantastic People

Here's a tutorial that will help with downloading and help for LibreOffice beginners. It's very much like Word so if anyone is familiar with Word they'll see a lot that is pretty much the same in LibreOffice.

LibreOffice, as powerful if not more powerful than Microsoft Office programs and compatible with Word (and most of the rest of Microsoft Office). Can save your documents in multiple formats and the best of all it's free.........
Was originally written for Linux but works just as well on Windows.

Home | LibreOffice - Free Office Suite - Fun Project - Fantastic People

Here's a tutorial that will help with downloading and help for LibreOffice beginners. It's very much like Word so if anyone is familiar with Word they'll see a lot that is pretty much the same in LibreOffice.

Besides, the author of the tutorial speaks your language........ So you should have no problem understanding him....... :D

I use an old--2003--version of Microsoft Office. I used to use Word Perfect which I loved and still think is the best word processing system ever offered, but, while it works on Microsoft Windows, it is incompatible with other Microsoft programs like office that pretty much everybody in the free world now uses. So in this digital age in which i need to share many documents, I reluctantly moved to Microsoft programs including Microsoft Office and use Word for word processing. You can buy Microsoft Word separate from Microsoft Office I think at a much more reasonable cost because you probably wouldn't need Excel, Power Point, and all that comes with the complete program.

Currently I am using an old (2003) Microsoft Office program but it is no longer supported with updates, etc. by Microsoft so I'll probably eventually bite the bullet and upgrade which will cost us $100/year but can be used by all our computers.

As to your manuscript, It has promise. But speaking as an old writer/editor, look for ways to break up the text into just a very few more paragraphs as the large blocks of gray text can be a bit off putting.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for:

Harper
Rod, GW's partner,
Kat's sister,

Ringel and Mrs. R facing serious health challenges with resulting financial challenges.

And we keep the porch light on so those who have been away can find their way back and we rejoice when they do!!!

Winter is still with us, but its back is broken. For most of us we are seeing melting snow as often as new snow. Or no snow at all. Spring is erratic and usually windy in Albuquerque. But the crocuses are blooming and the daffodils are coming up.

crocus.jpg
Thanks for keeping EJ on your prayer list, Foxfyre. His caregivers at the VA have declared him clean of the disease, and he will not be doing any more chemo. He's been back punching cows for several weeks now, his color has returned, and he now has several girl friends, so he won't be needing my healing touches any more, so I am getting back to my sewing machine and charity quilts with a new thunder. :)

Harper
Rod, GW's partner,
Kat's sister,

crocus.jpg
Thanks for keeping EJ on your prayer list, Foxfyre. His caregivers at the VA have declared him clean of the disease, and he will not be doing any more chemo. He's been back punching cows for several weeks now, his color has returned, and he now has several girl friends, so he won't be needing my healing touches any more, so I am getting back to my sewing machine and charity quilts with a new thunder. :)

Always blessed to hear of happy outcomes!!! We can only hope Mrs. R is getting the same results. :)

I hope so too. That chemo was rough on EJ. He was so good to me to help around the farm after my husband died, I grew rather fond of him, but I noticed his smoker's cough was getting worse, so I tried to convince him to give up his suicide sticks, at which he acted surprised that cigarettes had anything to do with his cough. I never mentioned suicide sticks again. Even so, when his diagnosis was in, I did what I could to pay him back for his reasonable handyman rates (for fixing my mowers when they went gunnysack) with massage I learned in sports training at Oregon State or Southern Oregon State (went there one semester after my husband was transferred south during our 5 years in Oregon). I remembered a few that would help some of his arm and lower leg pains, but after about 4 chemo sessions, he hurt too bad for massage to be effective, although I told him it'd be best to stay flexible. By that time, I was taking him food because he was too weak to cook. It gave him enough sustenance to fix his fence or call his family for assistance even though mere walking was painful due to the drugs in chemo. Last time I took him to breakfast, he was back to his old self again, calling and receiving calls from his old girlfriends and flirting with the cute waitress at I-Hop. I figured he was as good as it gets for an 80-year old veteran who lived his whole life being tough as nails, although my phone's here if he ever needs me. I'm not very mechanical, so I don't cotton to farm equipment, but he knows I can be a spare of hands when he needs to fix the hay baler. I was just glad to be there to help him get through the ugly stuff of chemo. It's pure certified hell, but by gosh, when he was down, I told him by this time next year it'd all just be a hazy memory of forgettable bad stuff (didn't know what else to say). I happened to have had fibromyalgia for over 15 years, so I told him if I could stand screaming out loud pain 24-7-365 his 3 months or so of chemo would end like my pain did after parathyroid surgery (which ended the screaming out loud pain stuff). I think he got it, because he hung on and quit those damn suicide sticks, hopefully for once and for all. I'm happy to see him back in the mainstream of living again, and supercharged about spending a little more time in the sewing area of my bedroom, which has kinda taken the place over. <special understatement giggle>

Tomorrow is March 1, so just as soon as the coming week's arctic blast resolves, hope everybody remember that kids and grandkids love the fascination of kites. I'm about ready to finish quilting this quilt-as-you go pastel strip quilt this evening or tomorrow, and I have a kite quilt started I need to get back to so some kid can remember March is kite month in a lot of areas, though in Wyoming, June 1 comes to mind for flying kites! (lived there 35-40 years) Y'all have a super evening, too!

Sky-With-Full-OF-Kites-.jpg

Idea for the Vicarious Kite-Flyin' Quilt Room Project

upload_2019-2-28_17-9-8.png

Mine is a lot scrappier than this one as in strip quilt, but I like the sidewalks around the kites and the prairie point border.​

I hope so too. That chemo was rough on EJ. He was so good to me to help around the farm after my husband died, I grew rather fond of him, but I noticed his smoker's cough was getting worse, so I tried to convince him to give up his suicide sticks, at which he acted surprised that cigarettes had anything to do with his cough. I never mentioned suicide sticks again. Even so, when his diagnosis was in, I did what I could to pay him back for his reasonable handyman rates (for fixing my mowers when they went gunnysack) with massage I learned in sports training at Oregon State or Southern Oregon State (went there one semester after my husband was transferred south during our 5 years in Oregon). I remembered a few that would help some of his arm and lower leg pains, but after about 4 chemo sessions, he hurt too bad for massage to be effective, although I told him it'd be best to stay flexible. By that time, I was taking him food because he was too weak to cook. It gave him enough sustenance to fix his fence or call his family for assistance even though mere walking was painful due to the drugs in chemo. Last time I took him to breakfast, he was back to his old self again, calling and receiving calls from his old girlfriends and flirting with the cute waitress at I-Hop. I figured he was as good as it gets for an 80-year old veteran who lived his whole life being tough as nails, although my phone's here if he ever needs me. I'm not very mechanical, so I don't cotton to farm equipment, but he knows I can be a spare of hands when he needs to fix the hay baler. I was just glad to be there to help him get through the ugly stuff of chemo. It's pure certified hell, but by gosh, when he was down, I told him by this time next year it'd all just be a hazy memory of forgettable bad stuff (didn't know what else to say). I happened to have had fibromyalgia for over 15 years, so I told him if I could stand screaming out loud pain 24-7-365 his 3 months or so of chemo would end like my pain did after parathyroid surgery (which ended the screaming out loud pain stuff). I think he got it, because he hung on and quit those damn suicide sticks, hopefully for once and for all. I'm happy to see him back in the mainstream of living again, and supercharged about spending a little more time in the sewing area of my bedroom, which has kinda taken the place over. <special understatement giggle>

Sometimes we are in desperate need of blessings. And sometimes we are called on to be a blessing. You obviously answered that call Bea. :)

Sometimes we are in desperate need of blessings. And sometimes we are called on to be a blessing. You obviously answered that call Bea. :)
Aw, shucks, Foxfyre, I had nothing else to do, so I just went with it, did a lot of praying that drew me closer to faith, and started enjoying life again. Life is a gift and what we do with it while we're here. Now, if I could just get along with Miss Piccolo, that darn little meanie cat of mine.... :rolleyes:

Thanks for kind words. That's the best kind of music in the world, and if I can just get this ankle to stop swelling tonight, I will dance tomorrow!

Things are moving with the SSDI. Last Friday afternoon a Social Security case worker called to do a phone interview with the wife but she was sound asleep, he stated he saw what the diagnosis was and wanted to get started ASAP. Still I wasn't going to wake here up but we did get back in touch with him this morning so that's done. Also signed a bunch of financial and HIPAA documents to get things moving faster with possible Medicaid and other assistance.
So far the short term disability insurance has been making weekly deposits but don't know how long that will last, end of the month, mid May as was originally approved?
We have other possibilities available if we need them so things aren't as dire as first expected but that could change a little also.
She's finishing up her third cycle so she should have a CAT Scan soon and we'll see how much the tumors have shrunk, if at all.........
Still, best of luck to you both!

View attachment 248203

Mine is a lot scrappier than this one as in strip quilt, but I like the sidewalks around the kites and the prairie point border.​
I just dug out an old knitting project that uses 70% baby mohair and 30% silk. That's no cheap project and I am trying to puzzle out the pattern, laid down over five years ago...

View attachment 248203

I just dug out an old knitting project that uses 70% baby mohair and 30% silk. That's no cheap project and I am trying to puzzle out the pattern, laid down over five years ago...

And he knits too. :)

Forum List

Back