USMB Coffee Shop IV

Bummer, I spent all afternoon trying to print a letter. But in spite of my printer reading it had ink it would not print. I could not find out how to change the ink so I had to keep cleaning the heads which uses up ink. Finally it ran out of black ink even though it printed nothing. I was then able to change the cartridge and the new one worked ok. I figure the problem was the old cartridge had dried up.

Last edited:
50% chance of no electricity for Sunday as 40 to 50 mph winds will be blowing through.

Well hope you have backup measures. Our utilities are all buried so the wind and other elements aren't a problem in that way, but where you live you definitely don't want to be without heat. Up on the mountain, sometimes heavy snow would bring down the power lines so we would be without electricity meaning we were without the furnace because the controls operated via electricity. And we had an electric stove and electric hot water heater as electricity was about half the price of propane.

But we had a Shrader insert in our wood burning fireplace and that kicked out enough heat to make the living area and kitchen toasty warm and the bedrooms livable, and kept all the pipes from freezing. I got pretty good cooking in the fireplace too. :)

I was wrong apparently 50 to 60 mph sustained winds. With that type of wind, we will lose heat pretty fast. As long as we can keep above freezing the pipes will be okay.

I was wrong apparently 50 to 60 mph sustained winds. With that type of wind, we will lose heat pretty fast. As long as we can keep above freezing the pipes will be okay.

If I remember my nautical scales right, that puts you above strong gale force wind speeds but hopefully you'll stay under hurricane force. It stays above freezing in the upper midwest in February? We don't count on it staying above freezing here this time of year.

Been trying our my macro lens attached to a 55mm - 300mm zoom....... Think I need to step down to a smaller zoom. Those are pebbles.

rNRMS1m5a1ueunimxY5l-jYeqW2KE4OQsrEPsoHA47Xd9fLgf7s-8tXq4cPvIZEclFwleXD-sGChLYlLBjLsj8GVnAgIo50S-jihRCx_KZNxOZTC4uGbf9VRdVQMNvme-T93ZxCZUkjTkTkfbmpS3wPy380jGVachAVLKf7bnOL_VKbHZdE4dyTY3ysI5Z46HAaA5jpMWmlCAhtAMutKRSlF4mPJcWXk7WPvgUHaMgZWp5awhwtT5O_Uy9RQlpookCzDp-z3i6QsIzllr8bjAOwkLAlisnbW-veVqqe70yqKh8bLTZGMH6fPfV5Jd2Rj4jFVFEzsicxsAOUMa05tOAHrYC2AHFJnmmkYYHYskTyoRvOfxkdS6F6DGNJCgZ544xhZMQ10cJxOkO4JHe1okOmDiikc2KtOcJy1gy8V4xdGanwkflN0Bn-VrcQVG7WGOaoA7huRMmiZhAp2scGqPs9hWCfiFeIdPXL2Q1AzFYvFNr1xH3zmPO0L7QOKdthffi0CZ5qFOHQXjXudF87Cdod1Q5DGm3YMxoFEsEYfIJgKwvrfcHSWXnW7bkwAASp_hDNWdCUagJExMW0z_IG7DiBJ7Ad2YK6z87KckBPI4WpiKbzW_LjEnbkzHAWjfx4gIjmiJ-iH1NlrL2nd0qSsqrecUprV4PM=w1363-h912-no

UreUzfIzP4os1DD9qnvzvH7gTlGOr4-Ne7kQ3a73UyVZkTwuW0AGz0lDfdBkKW7i8Rxdou17ErkfCE9JpANb-Jt-EzKTLirwgoMdbJu7oLIyr7WU9W8u5cCJTdFCJo-LwedhyGUEDkIL4IdRcnS-j0Qh5JyHm8gA2cihDPpSR_cie_iO7OiZW3tIU0pUS3ajzpbSgv9E8J3zZD9pkr0P88eUdxV7pDWbfT933H0OTiBOJta2QswEOddbIbTi2hrvSZQU6pWdfNAVQBW48B0IN4_TT-ZXKmSgoPFUP1U5slOdo84ZK2zAh1TdO2W6sJq2tZLKb36Iw3GaX0Hd3TDb783ARSuLJLMma2kkhJgC2U0TsoUV6KQR3freyhfzJ-vd3XvgDze6-EXJBqYP2bUkqUuGvX99x_i1qBB2ccsMspjwUEZq_k29BWWu6dDH_XC6cXXV0S9UaAbw-jLeMj0_FGin1C-dJQ-d8Vm9v0C5AD3XyP1HoObsuerf4lLL5BQx1Ly3Ek_E7B-v75BHbgA_b638-iGkF1fWhmQqf9zFHr5KuYep3Cd8WfbCkAFs4XilN_Evm32Nk1VqEpH40wPH4cA8yrm-BpBF57yUr0OuTBMqwRE1p3JhJ7wiF2qb3r_H8OKyYEZIg5RraafDQcPOzar5DBMrLXY=w1363-h912-no

YFJgMIVf4yFwR-3h6BM1Fagy6YGN8HMEBP-Vm-P_7cWDGv71VfwKezD03Cre2lQwgE_b39kkzqjXxS5xo6DXLYHM7MIY2PzNMDZXdYjmI1oZZnpk8rrctBUMwrDaKetx0pND2PubiRioOz4xE4EadNEYH94VSIlBKwIsTiECEiBiDXjelu7uMKOhcVAhJapAWS_W0wFYi-HxS7l4a44_G9_Y3De-XDecz5rdC7x7j9pSNoPUhcD1lou5Lhyki2ap30iN1cjRveAvb0dcdGHOJBEdjK0oEijYC9s0bFFN9Gg3HcEMXrc9HCxkeQu1euCCMILsH5B0Cw_Af62HuZDj8pXDoodf9v3nRwktTEOTenSTHslwTFq33YwAAVCI8NahqPnlAg0--UsZxwPAVfbveeVa0PIkhcAxE6Vb451nbVlOm2MnUVDLu_vviv0S52b67nS9j05N6nypG55SThsHdUn790nj0hmdbUg9RGT2nMYtyr2mqvfYIaKvQg-23SCSAcJ1h4wfS8OD-3lYmjZUE3Y2QpAJhuDCsiXFum_NpmxSTC0uOl05TOY-D4aY3_gH0JMUAqqJCKAok-Do8hDGjpiIn6qqSKekLJNYCWGDFpgohNfWrqjyknB_W1ii2yjcXCkL0E-42v1sjD5hkkXfn7V3L_gsJ68=w1363-h912-no

Where is everybody? Busy day?

It has been for me. House guests over night, several errands to run. Then take Aunt Betty to a doctor's appointment this afternoon--downtown where she doesn't even attempt to drive. She'll be 93 this year. On the way home from her house, stopped by the supermarket and picked up some chicken at the wing bar, some interesting salad at the salad bar, and a great looking roll for our supper. Enjoying it now. I was ready for some down time here. :)

At 93, I would hesitate to drive anywhere, especially downtown. Aunt Betty is so fortunate to have you!
I've been nursing a vicious head cold these past few days. It's getting better but I am planning on going to Japan next week and won't be able to travel if I am ill. I've been off my feed and tired. And I've had a headache, which almost never happens to me. I am improving, though.
Enjoy your dinner, Foxy!

At 93, I would hesitate to drive anywhere, especially downtown. Aunt Betty is so fortunate to have you!
I've been nursing a vicious head cold these past few days. It's getting better but I am planning on going to Japan next week and won't be able to travel if I am ill. I've been off my feed and tired. And I've had a headache, which almost never happens to me. I am improving, though.
Enjoy your dinner, Foxy!

I worry about her driving--Albuquerque is not a small city--quite a bit larger than Anchorage--and she does pretty well limit it to well known routes fairly close to home. She drives herself to the grocery store, the beauty shop, the manicurist, to the groomers (for Sally the Shih Tzu), and a few medical facilities that are not complicated to get to. And so far she hasn't run over anybody or into anything. But yes, I am here for her and reconciled that being here for her limits my own freedom to go places when and where I want. But that is a very light cross to bear. She is my mom's youngest sibling and except for two first cousins that live elsewhere and she never interacts with, she is the last of her generation. She has been a great blessing to us as well.

Enjoy your dinner, Foxy!

I worry about her driving--Albuquerque is not a small city--quite a bit larger than Anchorage--and she does pretty well limit it to well known routes fairly close to home. She drives herself to the grocery store, the beauty shop, the manicurist, to the groomers (for Sally the Shih Tzu), and a few medical facilities that are not complicated to get to. And so far she hasn't run over anybody or into anything. But yes, I am here for her and reconciled that being here for her limits my own freedom to go places when and where I want. But that is a very light cross to bear. She is my mom's youngest sibling and except for two first cousins that live elsewhere and she never interacts with, she is the last of her generation. She has been a great blessing to us as well.
Cherish the elderly, they are a treasure of special value.
Albuquerque is indeed much larger than Anchorage (the largest city in Alaska!) I always like driving into Albuquerque. You see the lights miles and miles before you top the mountain ridge and see the city. I will never forget my first time into A-que in 1975. I had been on the road since around 4 am, out of Needles, CA. I was riding my Honda 350 motorcycle. I stopped at the first decent looking place and watched the road dirt swirl down the shower drain...

Forum List

Back