USMB Coffee Shop IV

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for:

Harper
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Rod, GW's partner,
Kat's sister,
Dana, Foxfyre's friend recovering from heart transplant
Strength and stamina for gallantwarrior in his relocation project,
Wellness for Foxfyre's sister and Hombre's sister
Saveliberty's mom for successful surgery and quick healing
TheLiq and family who need prayers and positive vibes now
Montrovant in difficult transition
Drifter for smooth sailing in her new job.

JustAnotherNut for strength and wisdom dealing with challenges.
Gracie & Mr. G in difficult transition and for positive trend to continue.
Ringel and Mrs. R facing serious health challenges with resulting financial challenges.
GallantWarrior for healing and wellness.
Rejoicing for Beautress's friend EJ's recovery!
All those we love and care about who aren't on the list.

And we keep the porch light on so those who have been away can find their way back and we rejoice when they do!!!

241753-Goodbye-February-Hello-March.jpg

This couldn't have been a more perfect description of today in Albuquerque than if Dickens had been here today when he wrote it:

52729322_2597801366899003_5155325790295949312_n.jpg

Idea for the Vicarious Kite-Flyin' Quilt Room Project

View attachment 248203

Mine is a lot scrappier than this one as in strip quilt, but I like the sidewalks around the kites and the prairie point border.​
I just dug out an old knitting project that uses 70% baby mohair and 30% silk. That's no cheap project and I am trying to puzzle out the pattern, laid down over five years ago...

And he knits too. :)
Knits lace! Lace shawls make great gifts for all the ladies on your gift list.

View attachment 248203

Mine is a lot scrappier than this one as in strip quilt, but I like the sidewalks around the kites and the prairie point border.​
I just dug out an old knitting project that uses 70% baby mohair and 30% silk. That's no cheap project and I am trying to puzzle out the pattern, laid down over five years ago...

Well I'll have to admit that if I was a lady on your gift list, that would definitely be well received. :)

View attachment 248203

Well I'll have to admit that if I was a lady on your gift list, that would definitely be well received. :)
And, it's cat themed. I'll see if I can get a photo loaded.

Still cold here and going to get real cold again, like January cold. What in the heck is going on? Pretty day though. The sun is shining and even though it's only 26 degrees, you can feel Spring in the air. The sun is getting high in the sky and it won't be long now. The average temperature goes up over 20 degrees in March and we gain 88 minutes of daylight. It's invigorating... :04:

Things are moving with the SSDI. Last Friday afternoon a Social Security case worker called to do a phone interview with the wife but she was sound asleep, he stated he saw what the diagnosis was and wanted to get started ASAP. Still I wasn't going to wake here up but we did get back in touch with him this morning so that's done. Also signed a bunch of financial and HIPAA documents to get things moving faster with possible Medicaid and other assistance.
So far the short term disability insurance has been making weekly deposits but don't know how long that will last, end of the month, mid May as was originally approved?
We have other possibilities available if we need them so things aren't as dire as first expected but that could change a little also.
She's finishing up her third cycle so she should have a CAT Scan soon and we'll see how much the tumors have shrunk, if at all.........

Cat scan you say? I did not see a one when I looked.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for:

Harper
Rod, GW's partner,
Kat's sister,

Beautress's friend EJ undergoing chemo.
Ringel and Mrs. R facing serious health challenges with resulting financial challenges.

And we keep the porch light on so those who have been away can find their way back and we rejoice when they do!!!

Winter is still with us, but its back is broken. For most of us we are seeing melting snow as often as new snow. Or no snow at all. Spring is erratic and usually windy in Albuquerque. But the crocuses are blooming and the daffodils are coming up.

crocus.jpg

Oh Foxfyre, my mom's back surgery went so well, my dad had one too. Both have recovered completely. I hit all five steps on the way down about five weeks ago, on an icy morning. Damaged a nerve on the right side, but it is not causing me trouble any more.

Last edited:
Things are moving with the SSDI. Last Friday afternoon a Social Security case worker called to do a phone interview with the wife but she was sound asleep, he stated he saw what the diagnosis was and wanted to get started ASAP. Still I wasn't going to wake here up but we did get back in touch with him this morning so that's done. Also signed a bunch of financial and HIPAA documents to get things moving faster with possible Medicaid and other assistance.
So far the short term disability insurance has been making weekly deposits but don't know how long that will last, end of the month, mid May as was originally approved?
We have other possibilities available if we need them so things aren't as dire as first expected but that could change a little also.
She's finishing up her third cycle so she should have a CAT Scan soon and we'll see how much the tumors have shrunk, if at all.........

Cat scan you say? I did not see a one when I looked.
6stz5.jpg

Still cold here and going to get real cold again, like January cold. What in the heck is going on? Pretty day though. The sun is shining and even though it's only 26 degrees, you can feel Spring in the air. The sun is getting high in the sky and it won't be long now. The average temperature goes up over 20 degrees in March and we gain 88 minutes of daylight. It's invigorating... :04:
Yeah, we're suffering through 60 degrees today.........

Harper
Rod, GW's partner,
Kat's sister,

Beautress's friend EJ undergoing chemo.

Winter is still with us, but its back is broken. For most of us we are seeing melting snow as often as new snow. Or no snow at all. Spring is erratic and usually windy in Albuquerque. But the crocuses are blooming and the daffodils are coming up.

crocus.jpg

Oh Foxfyre, my mom's back surgery went so well, my dad had one too. Both have recovered completely. I hit all five steps on the way down about five weeks ago, on an icy morning. Damaged a nerve on the right side, but it is not causing e trouble any more.

Back problems epidemic in your family? Just teasing. Glad to hear all surgeries went well and your own injury has resolved. You be careful though okay? We're rather fond of you, you know.

Forum List

Back