USMB Coffee Shop IV

Freezing fog yesterday and today. Well it froze last night even though the temps were only in the low 30s (below freezing) all afternoon.

And all day yesterday Weather.com was reporting we were at 51 degrees under partially cloudy skies.......... :lol:

Well for New Mexico, for most weather reporting services, we aren't important enough to really pay attention to, so our weather is mostly a cursory guesstimate to them I think. Even the Weather Channel will be reporting tornado warnings pretty much everywhere else in the country but never the rare one in New Mexico or blizzard warnings everywhere else but not here. They just don't think or care about us all that much.

Cold in Albuquerque this morning but we did have a lovely warm sunny day yesterday and it will be pleasant today. Meanwhile our son and family just a few hours east of us as the crow flies have had temperatures in the teens and snow the last three days. And we FINALLY got our roof leak fixed a few minutes ago so we can take the big plastic bowl with a wash cloth in the bottom of it (to prevent splashes) sitting on a jelly roll pan lined with a big absorbent towel off the bed in the master bedroom.

Speaking of weather though, after all the deadly and violent weather in Alabama, Georgia, and western Florida yesterday, could Kat , @ErnieS , Montrovant , WelfareQueen , Sherry et al report in so we know you're okay?

We're okay. The bad weather in Alabama did not get to us here. I hope Kat and Ernie are okay. :)

Pretty sure I mentioned the wife was officially terminated from her job last month. The insurance ended February 28th.......... at least we still have her short term disability through mid May. Trying to get her on Medicaid but with the short term disability she may make too much per month, we'll see.
In the mean time the privately owned cancer clinic is transferring her to UNM and still working with us as much as possible. We go up to Albuquerque next Monday.
Dude, have you considered establishing a "Go Fund Me" account? I'm sure loads of people would be willing to help out. It's been done before, although with limited success.
Not yet as we still have money coming in and some (limited) assistance. We'll make it work and if it comes down to it we'll start a GoFundMe page.

Pretty sure I mentioned the wife was officially terminated from her job last month. The insurance ended February 28th.......... at least we still have her short term disability through mid May. Trying to get her on Medicaid but with the short term disability she may make too much per month, we'll see.
In the mean time the privately owned cancer clinic is transferring her to UNM and still working with us as much as possible. We go up to Albuquerque next Monday.
Dude, have you considered establishing a "Go Fund Me" account? I'm sure loads of people would be willing to help out. It's been done before, although with limited success.
Not yet as we still have money coming in and some (limited) assistance. We'll make it work and if it comes down to it we'll start a GoFundMe page.
It might not bring everything you need, but every little bit helps. Best wishes and all luck to you and Mrs. Ringel. How's she doing, by-the-way?

It might not bring everything you need, but every little bit helps. Best wishes and all luck to you and Mrs. Ringel. How's she doing, by-the-way?
Stressed, weak but a trooper.

Stressed, weak but a trooper.
I cannot imagine. Best to both of you. I wish there were more I could do to help.

Good night darlinks. No change in the Vigil List.

There is something calming and restorative in watching ocean beings:
giphy.gif

Yeah I'm this bored tonight.
There once was a girl who begat, Triplets named Nat, Pat, and Tat. "Twas fun in the breeding, but not in the feeding: because there was no tit for Tat.

In the Garden of Eden sat Adam, massaging the bust of his madam. and he chuckled with mirth, for he knew that on earth, there were only two boobs and he had 'em.

Slow day in the Coffee Shop.

In the last week

Had a flood from a sewer blockage caused by tree roots. Probably a $200 problem.
Bought a stock and held it for the week, then sold for $200 profit.
Bought another stock and held it two days, $200 profit.
Got a medical bill for $570, discovered they settled with the insurance company with only a $77 payment due from me.
Air conditioner replacement will be $1,000 more than I anticipated.
A coworker will be out for two weeks, a lot of overtime is coming.
Bought a stock yesterday and it went up $200 today.

Slow day in the Coffee Shop.

In the last week

Had a flood from a sewer blockage caused by tree roots. Probably a $200 problem.
Bought a stock and held it for the week, then sold for $200 profit.
Bought another stock and held it two days, $200 profit.
Got a medical bill for $570, discovered they settled with the insurance company with only a $77 payment due from me.
Air conditioner replacement will be $1,000 more than I anticipated.
A coworker will be out for two weeks, a lot of overtime is coming.
Bought a stock yesterday and it went up $200 today.

Yes everybody is busy living lives the last two or three days and the Coffee Shop just isn't a priority at those tmes. I know I haven't had much time for me this week. And it appears you are busy living saveliberty's life too. Happy that your stock picks will cover a lot of the air conditioner repairs though. And it sounds as if the job is going well too.

On Friday I slipped on some ice and fell face first on the ground. Ended up spending several hours in the ER. Got a concussion, and face that looks like hamburger and a swollen shut right eye. I am so ready for spring.
I had a fall like that about 5 or 6 years ago. Cracked every bone in my left skull and that little cheek bone area where the optic nerve goes through. Left eye still a little blurry, but I came out okay after a couple of years. Lost two canine teeth. Can't bite people anymore. :biggrin:

Oh, there was no ice in my case, just an old tree root that rose up and tripped me when I was chasing my puppy so a car wouldn't hit her. I landed on another tree root that also appeared from nowhere. That's my sad story for the day. :boohoo:

Hope you're doing better now.

Group hug. :huddle:

It's been seasonably warm here. I'm currently hunkering down in the partner's city place, waiting for a military "hop" to Japan. Crossing my fingers for the flight scheduled to Yokota, Japan Friday. The schedule sucks but the price cannot be beat. I really just want to spend some time with my daughter and granddaughters.
I hope the partner will survive the commute to the "country" place. He locked the keys for the Lexus in the Lexus and has to drive the old Dodge truck until the dealership gets a new set of keys for the commuter. The old Dodge truck has no heater, no current registration, and needs the transmission overhauled. His fault, though, he's such an ass. I've told him how to minimize problems like this but his passive-aggressive illness will not allow him to take good advice. His problem. I'm going to Japan. I have no idea when I'll be able to travel again.
Bon voyage, Gallantwarrior. Have a wonderful time and take lots of pictures! Maybe you took your laptop and can communicate when you're on the bus going to see something nice.

Well it finally did warm up here. Got up to 40 on my thermometer yesterday, felt great. A lot of snow melted too, but there's so much and it's so dense, it's going to take a bunch of 40 degree days to get rid of it. Supposed to be in the upper 30's today and rain, heavy at times today. I'll take it, anything but snow. They're saying we could be in for some major flooding though with the ground still frozen so hard and nowhere for all the rain to go. Oh well, my place sits up on a knoll, I should be OK.

Hope everyone has a good weekend in spite of Old Man Winter shaking his fist overtime this winter. *sigh*

Our low here in the Piney Woods is 54F tonight. It's going to be 76 high today. I was rubbing my eyes in disbelief when I saw that. We've had one day after another of rain, and on light days, heavy dew. One day there was dense white fog into the afternoon. I just stayed inside that day. Achin' for spring. The forecast is rain every day but one. I can't even mow, because the ground is so soggy. Think I'll work on another quilt today. From the Bing moths found today:

th
th
th
th

th
th
th
upload_2019-3-9_8-7-0.jpeg

th
th
th

I made it! I'm sitting in my daughter's dining room on Okinawa. They sure write funny here.
shawn mendes japan - Bing video

Oh wow. Somehow I missed your post that you were going to Japan, GW. Glad you made it in good shape. Your first trip there? Does your daughter speak and write Japanese? You are coming back aren't you?

Well it finally did warm up here. Got up to 40 on my thermometer yesterday, felt great. A lot of snow melted too, but there's so much and it's so dense, it's going to take a bunch of 40 degree days to get rid of it. Supposed to be in the upper 30's today and rain, heavy at times today. I'll take it, anything but snow. They're saying we could be in for some major flooding though with the ground still frozen so hard and nowhere for all the rain to go. Oh well, my place sits up on a knoll, I should be OK.

We had some days of spring weather and then high winds and COLD again last night. But Old Man Winter does seem to be melting away here, though we are technically still most of two weeks away from spring.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
Hope everyone has a good weekend in spite of Old Man Winter shaking his fist overtime this winter. *sigh*

Our low here in the Piney Woods is 54F tonight. It's going to be 76 high today. I was rubbing my eyes in disbelief when I saw that. We've had one day after another of rain, and on light days, heavy dew. One day there was dense white fog into the afternoon. I just stayed inside that day. Achin' for spring. The forecast is rain every day but one. I can't even mow, because the ground is so soggy. Think I'll work on another quilt today. From the Bing moths found today:

I remember when you took that fall, B, and thought at the time how cruel life can sometimes be as you sure didn't need that on top of everything else in your life at that time. We had you on the vigil list for the longest time. And it wasn't too much longer after that before you disappeared for so long. and of course we worried about you. Sunshine did report at one time though that you were doing okay and then she disappeared again and has not returned. As she was fighting her own life battles, I have wondered if she is okay.

On Friday I slipped on some ice and fell face first on the ground. Ended up spending several hours in the ER. Got a concussion, and face that looks like hamburger and a swollen shut right eye. I am so ready for spring.
I had a fall like that about 5 or 6 years ago. Cracked every bone in my left skull and that little cheek bone area where the optic nerve goes through. Left eye still a little blurry, but I came out okay after a couple of years. Lost two canine teeth. Can't bite people anymore. :biggrin:

Oh, there was no ice in my case, just an old tree root that rose up and tripped me when I was chasing my puppy so a car wouldn't hit her. I landed on another tree root that also appeared from nowhere. That's my sad story for the day. :boohoo:

Group hug backatcha! Seems like such falls either happen more often, now that some of us have "matured", or we just hurt ourselves much more easily.

Group hug backatcha! Seems like such falls either happen more often, now that some of us have "matured", or we just hurt ourselves much more easily.

True. Those who reach a certain age probably fall less because we are more careful. But we sure don't bounce as well as well as we did when we were kids and, when we do fall, the consequences can be much more severe than they were when we were younger.

Forum List

Back