USMB Coffee Shop IV

Saturday morning!

Last weekend for skiing @ Alta...Snowbird remains open until they can't be.

Let the cartoon begin!

I don't know why I never saw you as a ski bum. :) But bit by bit we all kind of reveal what makes us happyiest here.

Really?...You didn't know I lived in Steamboat for over 20 years?...Wow...:)

Made it home yesterday around 3:30 and both of us promptly took a nap....... Went to bed at 10, woke up at 1 am bathed in sweat and had to turn the AC on which I turned off when I woke up, took a 3 hour nap this afternoon and had to turn the AC back on. Now I'm just trying to wake up....... These chemo trips are exhausting but we go to closing the middle of next month, will have a lot of cleaning and painting to do then finally moving in so a lot of back and forth during the latter half of May. I'll be glad once we're finally settled.

Saturday morning!

Let the cartoon begin!

I don't know why I never saw you as a ski bum. :) But bit by bit we all kind of reveal what makes us happyiest here.

Nope. But I'm either really rally unobservant or you didn't tell me. But all is well eventually. :)

After last week's snowstorms it is now shaping up like springtime here. The kids are growing like little goats do and are an active, playful bunch. I've been letting them out of the pen with their mothers for some exercise and exploration. The first few days, they followed the moms back into the pen when they followed me with their hay. Yesterday the little brats found a nice, big root mound and just would not go back into the pen. I had to find a couple of long sticks to herd them back into the pen. Of course, they promptly found the snack bar and fell into their heaps for a nap. Tomorrow, I will let them out shortly before the partner arrives and let him figure out how to get them to go back "home". Hehehe!

Saturday morning!

Let the cartoon begin!

I don't think you ever mentioned it till now. :dunno:

Hmmm...Possibly because that chapter of my life was drawing to a close when I landed here....Was common knowledge among the Hannity crew, many of whom landed here when that joint started going to pieces.

Anyhow, yeah, I'm a ski bum from way back...Made Utah my ski home after the skiing at Steamboat became boring, the town got too crowded and over-commercialized, and a dear friend succumbed to pancreatic cancer.

Doesn't hurt that there's a hang/paraglider park nearby, and I'm five hours closer to my favorite flying spot in San Berdoo.

Saturday morning!

Let the cartoon begin!

Well he probably did but probably not here in the Coffee Shop.

Saturday morning!

Let the cartoon begin!

Hmmm...Possibly because that chapter of my life was drawing to a close when I landed here....Was common knowledge among the Hannity crew, many of whom landed here when that joint started going to pieces.

Anyhow, yeah, I'm a ski bum from way back...Made Utah my ski home after the skiing at Steamboat became boring, the town got too crowded and over-commercialized, and a dear friend succumbed to pancreatic cancer.

Doesn't hurt that there's a hang/paraglider park nearby, and I'm five hours closer to my favorite flying spot in San Berdoo.

You paraglide too? I'm major impressed. :)

Saturday morning!

Let the cartoon begin!

That I do know he's talked about often.

So just checking in to make sure there's no catastrophes or anything. Weather pretty nice in Arkansas though has been cloudy and threateining rain but so far nothing more than a few sprinkles. Mostly sunny this morning but breezy. We'll spend the rest of today here and head out early tomorrow starting for home with one overnight as we just don't do the 14-hour drives that well anymore.

Amazing that all the trees have their summer leaves here while it is still pretty much earlyish spring in New Mexico. But glad it is getting to be spring in Alaska too so GW can enjoy those baby goats. We're off the church with the family in a few. Would have enjoyed

So off to church with the family in a bit. Then lunch somewhere. I'm ready for a lot less activity. :)

Last edited:
Saturday morning!

Let the cartoon begin!

Oddball's Totally Awesome Paragliding Thread

Oddball's Totally Awesome Paragliding Thread

See? I keep telling myself I need to get out more. There's so many threads on USMB I never see. :)

We will be leaving lovely Arkansas heading home tomorrow so driving most of the day. One layover in Texas and then back to Albuquerque on Tuesday.

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.
And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for:

Harper
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Rod, GW's partner,
Kat's sister,
Dana, Foxfyre's friend recovering from heart transplant
Strength and stamina for gallantwarrior in his relocation project,
Wellness for Foxfyre's sister and Hombre's sister
Saveliberty's mom for successful surgery and quick healing
TheLiq and family who need prayers and positive vibes now
Montrovant in difficult transition
Drifter for smooth sailing in her new job.
JustAnotherNut for strength and wisdom dealing with challenges.
Gracie & Mr. G in difficult transition and for positive trend to continue.
BigBlackDog aka BBD for healing and wellness
GallantWarrior for healing and wellness and solutions
Ringel for healing and Mrs. R facing serious health challenges in difficult transition
All those we love and care about who aren't on the list.

And we keep the porch light on so those who have been away can find their way back and we hope they do.

Looking out from Magazine Mountain, the highest point in Arkansas. Hombre's sister and several of her family live all along the base of the mountain. The lake in the distance is Blue Mountain Lake where we have spent most of our time here. But this is how all of Arkansas looks at this point of springtime:
42365061.jpg

Last edited:
Before I unplug the computer and turn out the lights here, I was thinking about Ringel & Mrs. R's redecorating themes in their new house. And I just ran across this:

57550557_386719451920922_353788774137724928_n.jpg

And now that I'm awake, I'm gonna share a little vacation one of my servers put up this morning for the sheer pleasure of remembering times we travelled through it... thanks, bing! et al. Here goes:

upload_2019-4-29_7-17-22.jpeg
th
th

th
upload_2019-4-29_7-19-51.jpeg
th

th
upload_2019-4-29_7-20-33.jpeg
th

*sigh*
th
th