USMB Coffee Shop IV

Haven't been posting lately, really busy trying to get stuff done, today I installed the baseboard I painted yesterday in the great room and master bedroom. This also meant I had to add to the flooring the "kids" didn't get close enough to the walls, all of this bending over because I can't kneel. I'm wasted, hopefully I won't be too sore during the drive down to Roswell tomorrow for another trailer run.
As for the baseboard I have much more to paint and install........
At least I'm getting some exercise.
How's the back holding up? Bending instead of kneeling can be a bigger pain.

Whelp, got through my physical and made my donations to the lab. I have my pre-op appointment on 9 July and I scheduled the post-op appt for 6 Aug. How's that for optimism! Things are falling into place and my GP told me I look like a low risk patient for a (normally) low risk surgery. I just watched a video of another version of the surgery and the patient was up, walking and climbing stairs unaided the day after surgery. This was the third version of replacement surgery and by far the least invasive. Three more weekends before I become non operational for all but the simplest tasks. I'm assembling a variety of projects so I have them on hand. I'll also have to get a couple more books. I'm almost halfway through "Fall of Giants" and have started on "The Hiram Key". I believe there are two more books in series after "Fall of Giants". Hey! I'm getting ready to order a couple of other things on Amazon, so I'll just add the other two books...
We're breaking some weather records here, too. It's been in the high 70s and low 80s at my place. That's like 100-110 in other places, like AZ or NM. It's not very humid and we could use the rain. Right now, we're under a lingering haze from the big wildfire south of us on the Kenai Peninsula. I think they're over 40,000 acres involved now and 10% contained.
I'm glad to see Montro dropped by to let us know how his new life is going. I hope the rest of y'all are doing well and enjoying your summer.

Whelp, got through my physical and made my donations to the lab. I have my pre-op appointment on 9 July and I scheduled the post-op appt for 6 Aug. How's that for optimism! Things are falling into place and my GP told me I look like a low risk patient for a (normally) low risk surgery. I just watched a video of another version of the surgery and the patient was up, walking and climbing stairs unaided the day after surgery. This was the third version of replacement surgery and by far the least invasive. Three more weekends before I become non operational for all but the simplest tasks. I'm assembling a variety of projects so I have them on hand. I'll also have to get a couple more books. I'm almost halfway through "Fall of Giants" and have started on "The Hiram Key". I believe there are two more books in series after "Fall of Giants". Hey! I'm getting ready to order a couple of other things on Amazon, so I'll just add the other two books...
We're breaking some weather records here, too. It's been in the high 70s and low 80s at my place. That's like 100-110 in other places, like AZ or NM. It's not very humid and we could use the rain. Right now, we're under a lingering haze from the big wildfire south of us on the Kenai Peninsula. I think they're over 40,000 acres involved now and 10% contained.
I'm glad to see Montro dropped by to let us know how his new life is going. I hope the rest of y'all are doing well and enjoying your summer.

The surgery will be July 10?

July 19. They schedule the pre-op 10 days prior. My research indicates they will want to put me on immunosuppressant drugs.

July 19. They schedule the pre-op 10 days prior. My research indicates they will want to put me on immunosuppressant drugs.

Hmmm. Maybe. I don't recall my Aunt Betty having those when she had her hip replacement or my sister when she had her knee replacement but I can't say for sure. But anyway I wanted it on my calendar.

Haven't been posting lately, really busy trying to get stuff done, today I installed the baseboard I painted yesterday in the great room and master bedroom. This also meant I had to add to the flooring the "kids" didn't get close enough to the walls, all of this bending over because I can't kneel. I'm wasted, hopefully I won't be too sore during the drive down to Roswell tomorrow for another trailer run.
As for the baseboard I have much more to paint and install........
At least I'm getting some exercise.
How's the back holding up? Bending instead of kneeling can be a bigger pain.
It's sore but holding up, I just try to be careful with it. .

Hmmm. Maybe. I don't recall my Aunt Betty having those when she had her hip replacement or my sister when she had her knee replacement but I can't say for sure. But anyway I wanted it on my calendar.
It's not uncommon for the docs to administer immunosuppressants for up to six months after the surgery in order to decrease the possibility that the implant will be rejected. They also did a MRSA swab, with I also researched. They'll culture that to see if I have MRSA and if that's positive, they will test to determine which antibiotics will be more effective.
Thanks for putting me on the calendar. I'm hoping I can quickly recover and get back to doing what I used to enjoy doing, pain free!

Everybody was out on the roads today and to top it off they were out of their daily driving routine which meant they were more clueless and distracted than normal...... if that's even possible.......
Made it to Roswell without incident, we had the house set on 82 degrees, no one here to keep cool so now we're waiting for the house to cool down. Once that is done I can run the recylables to the pick up site then get the trailer then start packing up more stuff....... and more stuff...... for the moving crew tomorrow. Too much stuff.......

Everybody was out on the roads today and to top it off they were out of their daily driving routine which meant they were more clueless and distracted than normal...... if that's even possible.......
Made it to Roswell without incident, we had the house set on 82 degrees, no one here to keep cool so now we're waiting for the house to cool down. Once that is done I can run the recylables to the pick up site then get the trailer then start packing up more stuff....... and more stuff...... for the moving crew tomorrow. Too much stuff.......
Even after all the moves you've made the past couple years, you still have too much stuff?
I would seem to be the season for distracted and idiot drivers. Up here we call it "tourist season". I think there must be some unwritten rule that if you own a motorhome, it has to be at least as long as you are old and you are permitted to only drive half as fast. And it isn't like we have lots of alternate routes to jump over to.

Even after all the moves you've made the past couple years, you still have too much stuff?
I would seem to be the season for distracted and idiot drivers. Up here we call it "tourist season". I think there must be some unwritten rule that if you own a motorhome, it has to be at least as long as you are old and you are permitted to only drive half as fast. And it isn't like we have lots of alternate routes to jump over to.
Too much stuff....... I have a wife........ :eusa_whistle:

Mom's peonies popped...

P1014189.JPG

Got a pink one this year....

P1014188.JPG

For all of your gardens, I couldn't recommend a product more highly:

https://www.liquidirt.com/

Up here in Sand County, our soil is horribly poor...I bought a couple bottles of this stuff at a gun show a few years back to see if this would help...It was in liquid form then...But its organic ingredients started to ferment and the bottles started leaking....I put one of them in mom's flower bed in the middle of the yard...Last year the peonies formed three buds when they had only ever had two...This year she got a total of seven (eight with the pink one) and the irises that she thought would have to be given up on exploded.

And the Liqui-Dirt makes WAY more than the one gallon is says in the instructions...More like 5 gallons.

I sprinkled a modest amount near the new lady slipper shoots we have in the woods...We'll see what happens in the next couple of years.

Mom's peonies popped...

View attachment 266866
Got a pink one this year....

View attachment 266868
For all of your gardens, I couldn't recommend a product more highly:

https://www.liquidirt.com/

Up here in Sand County, our soil is horribly poor...I bought a couple bottles of this stuff at a gun show a few years back to see if this would help...It was in liquid form then...But its organic ingredients started to ferment and the bottles started leaking....I put one of them in mom's flower bed in the middle of the yard...Last year the peonies formed three buds when they had only ever had two...This year she got a total of seven (eight with the pink one) and the irises that she thought would have to be given up on exploded.

And the Liqui-Dirt makes WAY more than the one gallon is says in the instructions...More like 5 gallons.

I sprinkled a modest amount near the new lady slipper shoots we have in the woods...We'll see what happens in the next couple of years.

Interesting. I had not heard of that. Year ago when we experienced mild flooding onto our enclosed back porch every time we got a decent rain, we had landscapers install what they call a simple 'French drain' in the middle of our smallish back yard. Essentially it is a usually dry pond like excavation lined with rock that the rain water drains into and it gradually drains out from there. Unless we have a real frog strangler it takes care of the problem.

However when they dug it out they piled up all that below topsoil dirt onto a raised area in the corner of the yard. That dirt is pretty sterile and it doesn't even sprout many weeds.

I wonder if the liquid dirt would make it more fertile so I could plant ground cover on it maybe?

It's been raining all afternoon since I got home from the quilt store in Bryan, TX. So I'm here and off and on because when it rains, the satellite doesn't do right, so we're without off and on, on and off. So I made a pan of blond brownies this afternoon. Used a cup of pecans in one little pan. Yom!
th

Help yourself...
picUd60pw.jpg

It's been raining all afternoon since I got home from the quilt store in Bryan, TX. So I'm here and off and on because when it rains, the satellite doesn't do right, so we're without off and on, on and off. So I made a pan of blond brownies this afternoon. Used a cup of pecans in one little pan. Y
th

Help yourself...
picUd60pw.jpg
Yom! How do you make blond brownies? Are they cake- or cookie-style?

:FIREdevil: 85F today! At least we don't have the smoke up here that they do in Anchorage. Sometimes the nearby mountains are completely hidden in the smoky haze. About all I really want to do when it's this hot is find a cold drink and a shady seat and slump into the chair hoping for a wayward breeze.

:FIREdevil: 85F today! At least we don't have the smoke up here that they do in Anchorage. Sometimes the nearby mountains are completely hidden in the smoky haze. About all I really want to do when it's this hot is find a cold drink and a shady seat and slump into the chair hoping for a wayward breeze.
It was 91 when we left Roswell just after noon.......
The wife drove her Prius and by the time we made it home she was wiped out, she hit the bed and slept for two hours. I'm exhausted from the drive and unloading three bookshelves loaded in the bed of the truck by myself, looked like it might rain. It was up to 96 degrees by then........ I fell asleep for about an hour in my chair with the swamp cooler running. I have to unload the car later when it cools down some then maybe pull some stuff out of the trailer.

Forum List

Back