USMB Coffee Shop IV

Thank you very much.
We really need it.
His chances of making it through this is very low.
It looks like the surgery won't actually be done for another 2 or 3 weeks.
He has a few Doc appointments first.
By then I should be able to travel the 114 mile round trip to Tucson.

If I may ask....is it his vein or valve to be replaced? And why are his chances so low?

I apologize if you've posted this information before and I didn't see it.....and you don't have to answer, if you choose not to. It's ok. I was just trying to get a better understanding of his predicament.

As much as I dislike Dr's & the medical field.....I do admit they have come along way and are able to do what was once thought impossible.

I have a total of 10 stents now, when I had my bypass surgery I pretty much went from the Angioplasty to the open heart without leaving the cardio area. Luck and prayers to you...

My mother had had 2 valves (mitral & aortic) replaced with plastic & metal valves and she had to take blood thinners for the rest of her life Her condition was from having rheumatic fever as a child. That surgery was in 1988. The Dr had said without the surgery, she would not have survived the month. She did live another 20 years because of it. .

His veins.
He hopes to be able to have angioplasty.
It that doesn't work they will do synthic vein surgery.
The problem is he has 1/4 of a heart, he has a difbulator/pacemaker on top with MS and type 2 diabetes.
It will be a very delicate surgery.
I think he is strong enough to get through it.
It's just going to be a very delicate complicated surgery with everything taken into account.

It is difficult not to be anxious though when faced with one's own mortality, and that goes double for you, the love of his life, and he yours. But being optimistic is the best medicine for both of you, and greatly increases the outcome of a successful procedure. So you stay at the forefront of the vigil list and I know all of us who have comes to be very fond of you over the years, as well as your new friends, will have you both in our prayers and/or directed positive energy.

Yes being optimistic is how we have gone through all of his problems when they popped up. :)

Mr. P will need a couple of appointments to see how the best way would be.

He's hoping that the angioplasty works.
He calls it Roto -Rootering :biggrin:

If they can't do that, then it's putting in synthetic veins.

Thank you very much.
We really need it.
His chances of making it through this is very low.
It looks like the surgery won't actually be done for another 2 or 3 weeks.
He has a few Doc appointments first.
By then I should be able to travel the 114 mile round trip to Tucson.

If I may ask....is it his vein or valve to be replaced? And why are his chances so low?

I apologize if you've posted this information before and I didn't see it.....and you don't have to answer, if you choose not to. It's ok. I was just trying to get a better understanding of his predicament.

As much as I dislike Dr's & the medical field.....I do admit they have come along way and are able to do what was once thought impossible.

My mother had had 2 valves (mitral & aortic) replaced with plastic & metal valves and she had to take blood thinners for the rest of her life Her condition was from having rheumatic fever as a child. That surgery was in 1988. The Dr had said without the surgery, she would not have survived the month. She did live another 20 years because of it. .

His veins.
He hopes to be able to have angioplasty.
It that doesn't work they will do synthic vein surgery.
The problem is he has 1/4 of a heart, he has a difbulator/pacemaker on top with MS and type 2 diabetes.
It will be a very delicate surgery.
I think he is strong enough to get through it.
It's just going to be a very delicate complicated surgery with everything taken into account.

It is difficult not to be anxious though when faced with one's own mortality, and that goes double for you, the love of his life, and he yours. But being optimistic is the best medicine for both of you, and greatly increases the outcome of a successful procedure. So you stay at the forefront of the vigil list and I know all of us who have comes to be very fond of you over the years, as well as your new friends, will have you both in our prayers and/or directed positive energy.

Yes being optimistic is how we have gone through all of his problems when they popped up. :)

I have a total of 10 stents now, when I had my bypass surgery I pretty much went from the Angioplasty to the open heart without leaving the cardio area. Luck and prayers to you...

Yes and that's what might happen to him too.
Thank you Ollie.
It's good to see you back again. :)

Always indulge myself with this one, when Stateside.

Unavailable in Europe.

key%2Blime%2Bpie%2BCollage%2B1.png

My fave, too! I'm not much into pies but I can always manage to stuff a piece of Key lime pie down the hatch.

A really good key lime or lemon meringue pie is my absolute favorite. Unfortunately our friend Dana that I cook for a lot takes meds that cause a bad reaction if she eats lemon or lime and Hombre doesn't care for either pie all that much. So I don't make them any more. But I sure do like them.
Then have a piece of pie as a treat when you are out somewhere. Village Inn up here makes very tasty key lime pies and their lemon meringue is probably good, too. I'm not fond of the meringue, though.

We almost never have dessert when we go out for whatever reason--I suppose because my aunt or Dana almost always pay for the meal. But I almost always serve dessert when they eat at our house which is our way of paying them back for their generosity. We get the treat of a meal out. They get the treat of a home cooked meal that they rarely get.

But I haven't tried the Village Inn's fare in quite awhile. One of these days maybe. They used to make the world's best French dip. They also used to make terrific French crepes but at some point discontinued that.

I used to go to Village Inn fairly frequently with friends while we were out and about late at night/early morning. The food wasn't great, but nor did I find it terrible. I tended to get French toast or pancakes, though, along with lots of coffee (the real reason we went there).

Always indulge myself with this one, when Stateside.

Unavailable in Europe.

key%2Blime%2Bpie%2BCollage%2B1.png

My fave, too! I'm not much into pies but I can always manage to stuff a piece of Key lime pie down the hatch.

A really good key lime or lemon meringue pie is my absolute favorite. Unfortunately our friend Dana that I cook for a lot takes meds that cause a bad reaction if she eats lemon or lime and Hombre doesn't care for either pie all that much. So I don't make them any more. But I sure do like them.
Then have a piece of pie as a treat when you are out somewhere. Village Inn up here makes very tasty key lime pies and their lemon meringue is probably good, too. I'm not fond of the meringue, though.

We almost never have dessert when we go out for whatever reason--I suppose because my aunt or Dana almost always pay for the meal. But I almost always serve dessert when they eat at our house which is our way of paying them back for their generosity. We get the treat of a meal out. They get the treat of a home cooked meal that they rarely get.

But I haven't tried the Village Inn's fare in quite awhile. One of these days maybe. They used to make the world's best French dip. They also used to make terrific French crepes but at some point discontinued that.

I used to go to Village Inn fairly frequently with friends while we were out and about late at night/early morning. The food wasn't great, but nor did I find it terrible. I tended to get French toast or pancakes, though, along with lots of coffee (the real reason we went there).

what changed why did u stop?

I may be in line for a promotion at work. Promotion may be the wrong word; I'm being considered for a different position. It would have wider responsibility, but would also pay more, so I guess promotion might fit. I don't know for sure I'll be getting it, or even if it will entail being hired directly by the company (I'm still working for the staffing company at this point), but my current work is starting to leave me with pain in my hand from flipping through cards for 40-50 hours a week, so it's probably a good idea for me to change things up a bit if I can. :p

I'm trying to decide if I want to buy myself a PlayStation for my birthday, or if I should wait and hope for a good Black Friday or Cyber Monday deal. I want to get it because The Last of Us 2 is coming out in February; I thought the first game was excellent and the trailers for the second look great. If I get the PS4 soon, I'll get the remastered version of the original game for free, I think. I actually tried to buy a system on ebay, but they wouldn't process my payment for some unknown reason, so I ended up having to get that transaction cancelled. I'd have to spend about $430 (for the console and a PS Pro subscription), and I'm also still considering getting a new video card and monitor some time soonish, so I'm not sure if I want to put out that kind of money.

Overtime is nice for the money, but it's been a bit annoying not getting home during normal business hours. Makes it hard to make appointments. :p
I spent about half my career as a contractor and it was very difficult to "go to the dark side" and accept a direct position. The key for me was being tired of overtime and a solid 401K plan. It ended up being a good decision to spend the last years of my career as a direct. Just my 0.02c. Good luck!

A couple of months back my VA doc wrote up a consult for Chiro...... Had to call Authorizations 4 times and finally yesterday Tri-West (who partners with VA) called me with an appointment with the Chiro of my choice for next Tuesday....... :thup:

what changed why did u stop?

The late night hang outs stopped. People got older, got families, moved away, all the normal stuff.

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.
And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for:

Harper
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Wellness for Foxfyre's sister and Hombre's sister
Montrovant for continued progress in his transition.
Seagal and Mr. Seagal.
Beautress for wellness
Kat for wellness
JustAnotherNut for wellness
Mindful and her shoulder for healing
007's cold
Mrs. Ringel05 for good results and comfort with new meds.
Gallantwarrior for strength, patience, healing, comfort in his challenge with caring for Rod and Rod's healing.
All those we love and care about who aren't on the list.
Gracie for wellness.
Peach's Mr. P for wellness and successful surgery.
Did we miss anybody? Jog my memory please.

And we keep the porch light on so that those who have been away can find their way back.

Autumn in Arizona
sedona-fall-colors.jpg

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for:

Harper
Seagal and Mr. Seagal.
Beautress for wellness
Kat for wellness
007's cold
Gallantwarrior for strength, patience, healing, comfort in his challenge with caring for Rod and Rod's healing.
Gracie for wellness.

And we keep the porch light on so that those who have been away can find their way back.

Autumn in Arizona
sedona-fall-colors.jpg

Shoulder much improved, after some time in the heat and the sea.

Still some way to go though.

Harper
Seagal and Mr. Seagal.
Beautress for wellness
Kat for wellness
007's cold
Gracie for wellness.

Autumn in Arizona
sedona-fall-colors.jpg

Shoulder much improved, after some time in the heat and the sea.

Still some way to go though.

Well lets just keep you on the list for awhile longer and get it all the way healed. :)

Obviously photoshopped, but if this was real, would you live here? Or even visit? (I like the touch of the dish on the rock. :) )

62534111_10156102110301373_5958767193301712896_n.jpg

I may be in line for a promotion at work. Promotion may be the wrong word; I'm being considered for a different position. It would have wider responsibility, but would also pay more, so I guess promotion might fit. I don't know for sure I'll be getting it, or even if it will entail being hired directly by the company (I'm still working for the staffing company at this point), but my current work is starting to leave me with pain in my hand from flipping through cards for 40-50 hours a week, so it's probably a good idea for me to change things up a bit if I can. :p

I'm trying to decide if I want to buy myself a PlayStation for my birthday, or if I should wait and hope for a good Black Friday or Cyber Monday deal. I want to get it because The Last of Us 2 is coming out in February; I thought the first game was excellent and the trailers for the second look great. If I get the PS4 soon, I'll get the remastered version of the original game for free, I think. I actually tried to buy a system on ebay, but they wouldn't process my payment for some unknown reason, so I ended up having to get that transaction cancelled. I'd have to spend about $430 (for the console and a PS Pro subscription), and I'm also still considering getting a new video card and monitor some time soonish, so I'm not sure if I want to put out that kind of money.

Overtime is nice for the money, but it's been a bit annoying not getting home during normal business hours. Makes it hard to make appointments. :p
I spent about half my career as a contractor and it was very difficult to "go to the dark side" and accept a direct position. The key for me was being tired of overtime and a solid 401K plan. It ended up being a good decision to spend the last years of my career as a direct. Just my 0.02c. Good luck!

Hombre and I did just the opposite. Finally had our fill of working for a tyrannical and unreasonable boss, even though the money was really good, didn't want to start over with another firm, and we went back into business for ourselves for the rest of our working for pay experience. That turned out to be a good decision for us.

I haven't pulled the hoses in for winter yet. Let me know if you need them for the transplant.

Forum List

Back