USMB Coffee Shop IV

Well Mr. P is on his way to Tucson for his outpatient surgery this morning.
I can't go with him because of my badly bruised tailbone incident a few weeks back.
I can't even travel 14 miles let alone round trip of 100 .
Put him in your prayers, hopefully he will be back home this afternoon and they don't need to keep him overnight.

I can't go with him because of my badly bruised tailbone incident a few weeks back.
Put him in your prayers, hopefully he will be back home this afternoon and they don't need to keep him overnight.

Prayers are definitely up for Mr. P this morning. And I can speak from experience that a bruised tailbone is painful, but it should be better by now shouldn't it?

Prayers are definitely up for Mr. P this morning. And I can speak from experience that a bruised tailbone is painful, but it should be better by now shouldn't it?

Yes it's improving.
I can go to town and back ,but not over 57 miles to Tucson there and back.

What kind of goodies to you distribute? I'd go for some nice, chewy, gooey candies. I used to love popcorn balls but they frown on home made things nowadays. Up here, it's usually so cold by Halloween that the local retailers put together and sponsor indoor "Trick-o-Treat" parties.
Decorating yards is tricky, too, because it might just snow. My daughter would love your spreads, though. She usually goes all out for Halloween.

I get 300 to 500 kids every year, I pass out the miniature candy bars...
That's neat! Enjoy the evening, Ollie! Do you dress up in costume, too?

I dig out an old uniform shirt and my old field camo kit...

Those of us old enough to remember these, want to feel really old?

72135841_2586740608015876_8167887577664192512_n.jpg

Mr. P just called, he is being sent home today.
A friend of ours showed up to see him and he is taking him back home.
We have good friends. :)
Our plan was a taxi back home, very expensive.
Thank you all for your prayers.
We appreciate it very much.
He sounds much better.
I'll find out what they did or didn't do when he gets home tonight.
Then I will inform you all.

Mr. P just called, he is being sent home today.
A friend of ours showed up to see him and he is taking him back home.
We have good friends. :)
Our plan was a taxi back home, very expensive.
Thank you all for your prayers.
We appreciate it very much.
He sounds much better.
I'll find out what they did or didn't do when he gets home tonight.
Then I will inform you all.

Sounds great Peach. Probably they just maybe cleared or replaced a stint or something like that? At any rate, good to hear it went well.

What kind of goodies to you distribute? I'd go for some nice, chewy, gooey candies. I used to love popcorn balls but they frown on home made things nowadays. Up here, it's usually so cold by Halloween that the local retailers put together and sponsor indoor "Trick-o-Treat" parties.
Decorating yards is tricky, too, because it might just snow. My daughter would love your spreads, though. She usually goes all out for Halloween.

I get 300 to 500 kids every year, I pass out the miniature candy bars...
That's neat! Enjoy the evening, Ollie! Do you dress up in costume, too?

I dig out an old uniform shirt and my old field camo kit...
Me too.......

depositphotos_22386711-stock-photo-major-general-julius-alfred-papa.jpg

:eusa_whistle:

:lol:

Well that's just depressing to see it all laid out like that.

I started feeling old, when many years ago I would always say to my oldest son 'Say goodnight Dick' (from Laugh-In) at bedtime. Finally one night he asked me 'Mom, who's Dick?' I was in my mid 20's :206:

They did not use Anesthesia today so the Doc said he could drive himself home.
He just got back around 8 tonight.
The Doc said he needs open heart surgery sometime next week to replace one of his veins.
They will call and let him know when.

Last edited:
They did not use Anastasia today so the Doc said he could drive himself home.
The Doc said he needs open heart surgery sometime next week to replace one of his veins.

You both will be in my prayers :smiliehug:

Thank you very much.
We really need it.
His chances of making it through this is very low.
It looks like the surgery won't actually be done for another 2 or 3 weeks.
He has a few Doc appointments first.
By then I should be able to travel the 114 mile round trip to Tucson.

Well that's just depressing to see it all laid out like that.

I started feeling old, when many years ago I would always say to my oldest son 'Say goodnight Dick' (from Laugh-In) at bedtime. Finally one night he asked me 'Mom, who's Dick?' I was in my mid 20's :206:

For me it was "Good night Gracie" and my kids asked "who's Gracie?" Or "Good night Mrs. Calabash wherever you are" and "who's Mrs. Calabash?" I was too young for that show, but it was still a common phrase when I was a kid.

So he stays at the forefront on the vigil list. Wish we could do more than just send prayers and positive vibes, but we are sure doing that.

Thank you very much.
We really need it.
His chances of making it through this is very low.
It looks like the surgery won't actually be done for another 2 or 3 weeks.
He has a few Doc appointments first.
By then I should be able to travel the 114 mile round trip to Tucson.

If I may ask....is it his vein or valve to be replaced? And why are his chances so low?

I apologize if you've posted this information before and I didn't see it.....and you don't have to answer, if you choose not to. It's ok. I was just trying to get a better understanding of his predicament.

As much as I dislike Dr's & the medical field.....I do admit they have come along way and are able to do what was once thought impossible.

My mother had had 2 valves (mitral & aortic) replaced with plastic & metal valves and she had to take blood thinners for the rest of her life Her condition was from having rheumatic fever as a child. That surgery was in 1988. The Dr had said without the surgery, she would not have survived the month. She did live another 20 years because of it. .

So he stays at the forefront on the vigil list. Wish we could do more than just send prayers and positive vibes, but we are sure doing that.

More often than most realize, it's prayers that change the outcome

More often than most realize, it's prayers that change the outcome

Some of our Coffee Shoppers are not religious, but I think all have some faith in directed positive energy/vibes as well as prayers having a positive effect. It's all good.

Forum List

Back