USMB Coffee Shop IV

I couldn't sleep night before last, and finally at or around 9 am, I fell asleep and stayed asleep till 6pm, and it was dark. Somehow I lost Dec. 17, 2019. lol! Now, I'm sleepy again, so good night to all and to all a blessed good night. :huddle:

Since #3 got a job working 6:30pm to 5am (or later with overtime) and I'm running taxi service...….I too have lost count of what day it is. Having to get up at 3am has my system all messed up. So I take power naps of about 2 hours each whenever I can fit them in. I have to check all digital type devices (PC &/or phone) to know what day it is.

I can't wait till he gets his own car running, cause I'm too old for this happy crap. :bigbed:

Picked up a set of 100% bamboo sheets that arrived last week, the wife loves em. Silky smooth which does present a minor problem it you're a restless sleeper, they won't stay tucked in.......

I couldn't sleep night before last, and finally at or around 9 am, I fell asleep and stayed asleep till 6pm, and it was dark. Somehow I lost Dec. 17, 2019. lol! Now, I'm sleepy again, so good night to all and to all a blessed good night. :huddle:

Since #3 got a job working 6:30pm to 5am (or later with overtime) and I'm running taxi service...….I too have lost count of what day it is. Having to get up at 3am has my system all messed up. So I take power naps of about 2 hours each whenever I can fit them in. I have to check all digital type devices (PC &/or phone) to know what day it is.

I can't wait till he gets his own car running, cause I'm too old for this happy crap. :bigbed:

I got in this morning at 07:30, the staffies do not bark so I crept in the house as my wife has the ears of a ships rat.
I showered as quietly as I could and like a ninja I went to bed.
I slept till 16:50 this afternoon, fuzzy head so I took 2 paracetamols.
The wife asked how it went, but to civilians how can they understand the trial by combat of a plumbers job.
The tv was on and I watched the impeachment speech pre-vote.
With my first coffee I took around 8 biscuits I must have needed a sugar hit.

9e93856405cf6e78a72f7803f28ba560.jpg

Both the wife and I still get up in the morning expecting Jasper to be under foot wanting breakfast, I still occasionally look at the ottoman under my desk for Jasper, it was his favorite place to sleep. :icon_cry:

Aw you're going to miss him like that for quite awhile. In dreams too. But the grief/missing will fade into fond memories. At least it finally did for us. But it did take awhile. But I still dream about them all now and then.

So sorry Gracie. I know how hard that is as we have had to do it for our fur companions, but you gave her a lot of love and happiness in the time you've been together. And to not force her to needlessly suffer is absolutely an act of love.

1ac037dce870163e6b1c3c3eeb8824f2--rainbow-bridge-black-cats.jpg

Sheesh! I'm NOT dead, just busy else where.

Picked up a set of 100% bamboo sheets that arrived last week, the wife loves em. Silky smooth which does present a minor problem it you're a restless sleeper, they won't stay tucked in.......
I LOVE bamboo bedding. I have 4 of those silky pillowcases that have lasted well for 3 years or four. So fabulous to lay my head-on. Thanks for the heads up on the sheets though for I AM a restless sleeper rarely getting more zzz's than 5 hours a night. A few nights of those and then usually a catch-up night of 7 hours. Dang, do I feel fabulous that day. ;)

This photo just came up on my FB memories on FB and it still gives me a giggle:

47680147_1982839785097538_2544726770934874112_n.jpg
Yebbut they got the cutest cuties and so close to the earth, too. ;)

The one in the foreground looks so much like Carly, the mini doxie we kept for nine months while friend Dana was in Salt Lake getting and recovering from a heart transplant. We still get to keep Carly now and then and she and Dana come to visit often.
A picture of my Carly: ( Renamed from Tulip )

Attachments

• Tulip 7 lbs 6 or 7 mos old 001.JPG
    Tulip 7 lbs 6 or 7 mos old 001.JPG
    285.8 KB · Views: 20
Sleep is the luxury commodity of our time. We all don’t get enough.
All my life I’ve had the pleasure of being able to turn the power off and within a few moments I am able to drift off and sleep. Only light will wake me up, my inherited cave man genes are the cause, as soon as light creeps through a gap in the curtains I’m instantly awake.

I LOVE bamboo bedding. I have 4 of those silky pillowcases that have lasted well for 3 years or four. So fabulous to lay my head-on. Thanks for the heads up on the sheets though for I AM a restless sleeper rarely getting more zzz's than 5 hours a night. A few nights of those and then usually a catch-up night of 7 hours. Dang, do I feel fabulous that day. ;)

“A man in pyjamas has nothing to fear” I wear them all year round, summer or winter I wear them.
If a smoke alarm goes off in a hotel I’m safe , I’ve seen men and women half naked standing outside... not me! I’m perfectly presentable and warm. :)
Wearing pyjamas allows me to be warmer, I can sleep anywhere, I have an off switch, I’ll be asleep in seconds.

I break up for the Xmas holidays tomorrow, festivities until 6 January until I go back to work, I’m 32” waist, when I go back I expect to be wearing 34” jeans for a couple of weeks until I’m ufatted again. :)

Just an update for Mr. P
He just had his 2nd visit yesterday to see the Doc that will do his surgery.
He has two tests that will be done on Jan. 6th.
Then another appt. on the 16th and they will explain to us what will happen during and after his surgery and what I need to do for him at home.
Doc says he has a 95% chance of making it through his open heart surgery.
Of course our 36th anniversary is on Jan. 16th.
Still better than when we spent it in ICU in 2017. :)

I'm still doing renovations and painting.
I'm almost done except for putting down the new kitchen floor and one more back bedroom.
I'm still entertaining a couple of neighbors who come down to see me on the 3rd step ladder.
They both say I look like Spiderman without the sticky web stuff going up the wall. :biggrin:
That sounds like good news all around.

Hi all, hanging in there. Still trying to get the bathroom done but have sorta been laid up for the last five days, knees were stiff and swollen but getting better. Actually got some stuff done today including some more work on the tub niche and putting out a couple of Christmas items.
Here's the tub niche now.

GOq_1F7JO8vSDIHLK-9tLlrY7Hm7w6UU3Cl_wHT0CYR8HAl04Ni_XbH52LIwZhK79Ohzt8fDpwsv3IKL1_SuSprogLVEhEwane2aUFweh-tQ0mnxNncBo_VY2UzYKM42lHRcEsn5-IJZb_fTxa_mRnO_BO-Xl8Wi18QArP3cESrM6P7jQTXzhTieCOAeo9lSzizX0h6a7a5MTJxO_6tFjkjNixaoijxXKj7Jal2QDr_2MwT4Jl91iuyhrd6U4Czk3NjQJmc-lv2L8ALEcY64c25We328vtMcQzI269WVAiXt0RwTn7kwO07zJW8Wdm93irse_l7FmbYAlsqq0L2Hdf4KkwfBjonOcGePi1iJ5DLBNFaMOOhy4Hd0AvDbliVh4QxBm94-JesFzs4lMi53RlW7vJoEbdQWvBh5cwkSFVYhLqh-5rLs4k-JIzs4or9MwOi3NwP7FvtJVy5C2GcQjmvbYuVnqfh4-p7PXr5yGVSw5e5tXItPhE9KbOePf4qqzrc50N5xjwCi3Gyg7xRAHAyni1k4cg9OaBx-bOg-Y-8Wypq4rShZgT981F-J4pcCF2iRiQ1LBN8WlywWf5kqMiSMx-hLVIlzGyx-lr4hfWfy2HJd8pQxtrLUhW1sZsB9N3dMJKC3Jbz2h7FsNWXeJ4-ClbVdERP_CanSBB3PxrK4w5n8VblLvN8=w638-h850-no

Have to build a step because the tub is so deep, been bouncing a couple of ideas around in my head and think I have decided on what I want. Now all I have to do is build it.
I love that color!

Forum List

Back