USMB Coffee Shop IV

Just an update for Mr. P
He just had his 2nd visit yesterday to see the Doc that will do his surgery.
He has two tests that will be done on Jan. 6th.
Then another appt. on the 16th and they will explain to us what will happen during and after his surgery and what I need to do for him at home.
Doc says he has a 95% chance of making it through his open heart surgery.
Of course our 36th anniversary is on Jan. 16th.
Still better than when we spent it in ICU in 2017. :)

I'm still doing renovations and painting.
I'm almost done except for putting down the new kitchen floor and one more back bedroom.
I'm still entertaining a couple of neighbors who come down to see me on the 3rd step ladder.
They both say I look like Spiderman without the sticky web stuff going up the wall. :biggrin:
That sounds like good news all around.

Picked up a set of 100% bamboo sheets that arrived last week, the wife loves em. Silky smooth which does present a minor problem it you're a restless sleeper, they won't stay tucked in.......
I LOVE bamboo bedding. I have 4 of those silky pillowcases that have lasted well for 3 years or four. So fabulous to lay my head-on. Thanks for the heads up on the sheets though for I AM a restless sleeper rarely getting more zzz's than 5 hours a night. A few nights of those and then usually a catch-up night of 7 hours. Dang, do I feel fabulous that day. ;)

“A man in pyjamas has nothing to fear” I wear them all year round, summer or winter I wear them.
If a smoke alarm goes off in a hotel I’m safe , I’ve seen men and women half naked standing outside... not me! I’m perfectly presentable and warm. :)
Wearing pyjamas allows me to be warmer, I can sleep anywhere, I have an off switch, I’ll be asleep in seconds.

I thought I was the only person in the world who wanted to be immediately well dressed and presentable if I had to evacuate somewhere in the middle of the night. :)

Just an update for Mr. P
He just had his 2nd visit yesterday to see the Doc that will do his surgery.
He has two tests that will be done on Jan. 6th.
Then another appt. on the 16th and they will explain to us what will happen during and after his surgery and what I need to do for him at home.
Doc says he has a 95% chance of making it through his open heart surgery.
Of course our 36th anniversary is on Jan. 16th.
Still better than when we spent it in ICU in 2017. :)

I'm still doing renovations and painting.
I'm almost done except for putting down the new kitchen floor and one more back bedroom.
I'm still entertaining a couple of neighbors who come down to see me on the 3rd step ladder.
They both say I look like Spiderman without the sticky web stuff going up the wall. :biggrin:
That sounds like good news all around.

Sbiker!!!! Welcome back. Always a treat when you check in.

It's in the single digits F here, can't stuff wood in the stove fast enough.....~S~

Finally made it up into the mid 30's here today but was bitterly cold (for Albuquerque) all morning. But it is mid December. We kind of expect it to be winter even though winter doesn't officially arrive for a couple more days.

Picked up a set of 100% bamboo sheets that arrived last week, the wife loves em. Silky smooth which does present a minor problem it you're a restless sleeper, they won't stay tucked in.......
I LOVE bamboo bedding. I have 4 of those silky pillowcases that have lasted well for 3 years or four. So fabulous to lay my head-on. Thanks for the heads up on the sheets though for I AM a restless sleeper rarely getting more zzz's than 5 hours a night. A few nights of those and then usually a catch-up night of 7 hours. Dang, do I feel fabulous that day. ;)

“A man in pyjamas has nothing to fear” I wear them all year round, summer or winter I wear them.
If a smoke alarm goes off in a hotel I’m safe , I’ve seen men and women half naked standing outside... not me! I’m perfectly presentable and warm. :)
Wearing pyjamas allows me to be warmer, I can sleep anywhere, I have an off switch, I’ll be asleep in seconds.

I thought I was the only person in the world who wanted to be immediately well dressed and presentable if I had to evacuate somewhere in the middle of the night. :)

Indeed! My company send me all over the U.K. they use a large national hotel group, some of these are located on motorways or in town and cities.
Smokers are the culprits, 10-11pm is the time they get lazy and think they can have a smoke in their rooms rather than take a stroll to the reception designated smokers area.
On a weekend it’s fun when the alarms go off, women in knickers and bras can be seen, it’s better than watching tv.
The worst is the cannabis smokers, the stench stays for hours:47:

Thankfully my pal Beam piped in the gas for the barn modine to keep my girls warm>
j2l6Vk5.jpg

It was a trade, i got his new shack sparked up, he did my gas work
~S~

They're interesting creatures Roy

a tad neurotic , natural acrobats, and quite good escape artists....

~S~

That's the look ^^^^ of a content dog who knows she's queen Roy

further, i always carry a bag of dog biscuits in my work truck, as most folks have dogs here in the sticks, it helps pass the 'security check' prior to entry to many a job

~S~

further, i always carry a bag of dog biscuits in my work truck, as most folks have dogs here in the sticks, it helps pass the 'security check' prior to entry to many a job

~S~
That wouldn’t make any difference to her, she’d enjoy the sport of you trying to offer her one tho. :)

~S~
That wouldn’t make any difference to her, she’d enjoy the sport of you trying to offer her one tho. :)

Spot on Roy

Most dogs come at me wanting to protect their master, some take the biscuit, but many look back for their masters approval before they take the biscuit

~S~

~S~

Spot on Roy

Most dogs come at me wanting to protect their master, some take the biscuit, but many look back for their masters approval before they take the biscuit

~S~

My boy would run around you to check you out, he might even take a treat, but i wouldn’t bet my house on it. The bitch would watch you, if you came nearer than she liked you would know it instantly. Treats NO ! :)

~S~

Hombre (my hubby) and I once got a contract to do condition inspections on all the farm and ranch properties that State Farm Insurance insures in the State of NM. With both of us working, it took several weeks to get to them all.

We always called ahead to tell the farmer or rancher that we didn't need to get inside any buildings but we did need to measure and photograph them. The property owners didn't need to be home but did they have any dogs that would be a problem?

Most didn't and the few who did promised to have them secured during the general time frame we would be by. And several times we were told that the dog(s) would be fine but they needed to secure the turkey. Watch turkeys in NM are fierce!

I did encounter one very large turkey that I had to fend off before the owner rescued me. And one aggressive billy goat.

I don't think carrying dog biscuits would have helped. :)

Forum List

Back