USMB Coffee Shop IV

It's in the single digits F here, can't stuff wood in the stove fast enough.....~S~

Finally made it up into the mid 30's here today but was bitterly cold (for Albuquerque) all morning. But it is mid December. We kind of expect it to be winter even though winter doesn't officially arrive for a couple more days.

It's 30 here right now. It doesn't feel that cold to me, though. :dunno:

I went to Walmart after work to get bulbs for my car's turn signal. The website said they had them in stock: none there when I checked. :mad:

I'll have to go somewhere else before work, I'm driving for a few hours Saturday and want all 4 blinkers working.
It’s 44.6 degrees fahrenheit here, dark overcast skies, it’s 09:38. We have rain forecast till Monday, rivers will break their banks for sure.
I hope you are above the flood plane. There is flooding in south east England too, but I am on top of a hill.

Well, MrG and I have a new hobby. Puzzles. 300 pc, 500 pc, 550 pc and 750 pc. Keeps us occupied especially in the wee hours when restless not being able to sleep. Went to Goodwill today and bought about 15 of them..all at $1 each. Damn ebay sellers are asking $17 bucks for just two!

Taking Abby in tomorrow for a checkup. She has goopy eye now. Not falling down much now but now she is sneezing and has that runny eye. Might be a cold..might be some kind of infection. Regardless....I can't put it off any longer and need to get her some meds.

On a Lilyhammer binge on Netflix. Too bad they didn't last for 4 seasons. Its a good show. :)

It's in the single digits F here, can't stuff wood in the stove fast enough.....~S~

Finally made it up into the mid 30's here today but was bitterly cold (for Albuquerque) all morning. But it is mid December. We kind of expect it to be winter even though winter doesn't officially arrive for a couple more days.

I went to Walmart after work to get bulbs for my car's turn signal. The website said they had them in stock: none there when I checked. :mad:

I'll have to go somewhere else before work, I'm driving for a few hours Saturday and want all 4 blinkers working.
It’s 44.6 degrees fahrenheit here, dark overcast skies, it’s 09:38. We have rain forecast till Monday, rivers will break their banks for sure.
I hope you are above the flood plane. There is flooding in south east England too, but I am on top of a hill.

severn estuary.

you can see my house!

severn estuary.

you can see my house!

Almost looks like here in the PNW. The last several days of rain have more than made up for a rather dry fall/autumn (for us anyway). The West Coast has been having what's now called 'Atmospheric River' conditions that we used to call 'Pineapple Express'.....which means the storm built up in the warm Pacific and shoots a firehouse of moisture right at us. Thankfully we live on a hill, but the yard is nothing more than mud. Some of the roads have been closed due to either flooding or mudslides. Blech, Spring can't get here fast enough IMO

Well, I finally feel completely in the Christmas Spirit now that I have listened to the complete soundtrack from "A Charlie Brown Christmas".

:)

severn estuary.

you can see my house!

Hope it isn't one in the water.

Well, I finally feel completely in the Christmas Spirit now that I have listened to the complete soundtrack from "A Charlie Brown Christmas".

:)

LOL. That should do it. I'm listening to some Manheim Steamroller right now. That helps get me in the spirit.

Well, MrG and I have a new hobby. Puzzles. 300 pc, 500 pc, 550 pc and 750 pc. Keeps us occupied especially in the wee hours when restless not being able to sleep. Went to Goodwill today and bought about 15 of them..all at $1 each. Damn ebay sellers are asking $17 bucks for just two!

Taking Abby in tomorrow for a checkup. She has goopy eye now. Not falling down much now but now she is sneezing and has that runny eye. Might be a cold..might be some kind of infection. Regardless....I can't put it off any longer and need to get her some meds.

On a Lilyhammer binge on Netflix. Too bad they didn't last for 4 seasons. Its a good show. :)

Hombre and I both enjoy working puzzles. The first summer we spent in southeast Kansas long ago was a bad year for storms--tornado watches and warnings almost every night. We put our kids--little then--to bed in bunk beds in the basement and he and I would listen to baseball games on the radio, track the tornadoes on a map on the wall, and work jigsaw puzzles. We glued together the ones we finished and put them on the wall too. That basement wall was pretty well covered with puzzles when we moved out of that house a year later.

I hope my wife buys me a new laptop for Christmas or at least some tape and silicon adhesive to hold this one together for another year....

I keep waiting for this one to utterly fail but the darn thing keeps surviving...:eusa_doh:

I hope my wife buys me a new laptop for Christmas or at least some tape and silicon adhesive to hold this one together for another year....

I keep waiting for this one to utterly fail but the darn thing keeps surviving...:eusa_doh:

Probably we Earthly humans, at least in our corner of the Earth, are the only creatures in the universe who are eager for something to wear out so we have an excuse to replace it without feeling guilty. :)

Heroes for Today

The last major obstacle in front of Kampfgruppe Peiper was at Trois Ponts. Here the the Ambleve River met the Salm River. There were two highway bridges over them and they led to an unobstructed path to the Meuse along with American supply dumps. Just in front of underpass leading in to the town, American engineers were laying mines on the road as the Germans approached. Peiper gave the order to attack. German engineers cleared the mines and the Panthers rolled forward. First Panther reached the underpass when its turret exploded. The attack stopped.

The fire came from an American 57mm AT Gun. The gun was there by accident. That morning it’s halftrack broke down en route to Stavelot. Company C of the 51st Engineer Battalion commandeered it placing it near the underpass.

For fifteen minutes this puny weapon held off the Panzers while the bridges were being prepared to be blown. Germans tried in vain to find its location when there was a great explosion, the bridge was blown. Peiper angrily ordered his troops to press the attack before the second bridge could be blown. An 88mm shell struck the base of the anti tank gun, killing the entire crew- McCollum, Hollenbeck, Buchanan, and Higgins.

A small 15 minute delay proved disastrous for the Germans. It forced them to turn north and fuel was running low. They would soon be out of gas thanks to the sacrifice of a few engineers.

57mm.jpg

Probably we Earthly humans, at least in our corner of the Earth, are the only creatures in the universe who are eager for something to wear out so we have an excuse to replace it without feeling guilty. :)

I tend to keep things way beyond reason..

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.
And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for:
Harper
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Montrovant for continued progress in his transition.
Seagal and Mr. Seagal.
Beautress for wellness
Kat for wellness
Mindful and her shoulder for healing
All those we love and care about who aren't on the list.
JustAnotherNut for wellness
Peach's Mr. P for wellness and successful surgery and comfort/peace for Peach.
Ringel and Ms Ringel - comfort, wellness, solutions for both.
Extra prayers/positive vibes for gallantwarrior dealing with his own health issues as well as a terribly difficult situation with Rod and increased responsibilities and also for Rod's healing in mind, body, and spirit.
Gracie for wellness, good solutions, and a conquering spirit.
Jackson for wellness.
And me, Foxfyre, for good news from upcoming tests.
Roy for wellness.
Gracie's Abby .
And all those we love.
And we leave a light on so that those who have been away can find their way back.

GOODBYE AUTUMN - HELLO WINTER
80303187_2612899528795696_3281250307136290816_n.jpg

Abby has a heart murmur, cat leukemia and only gained 1 0z since her last visit. Good news is..she let them maul her and poke her without having to knock her out. She was a very good kitty! And, they gave her a few shots of antibiotics for her goopy eye (resperatory infection), a steroid shot, and flushed her eye out. All without one yeowl, or hiss, or bite, or claw. VERY good kitty. Of course I was with her during all this, so maybe thats why she let them torture her. She trusts me now. Good. I will take care of her best I can. She and Evie had a blast last night playing on their cat tree, so this means she is feeling much better. Wish I did. Got a bit of a stomach rumble going on. Stress, I presume. Or not eating right this past 2 days.

Had to retire my windows 7 too. I miss it already. Fan went out on it. I can take it to Staples and have another one put in I guess, but not right now. I have to get used to this damn laptop. It's ok, but the speakers suck and I don't know how to configure the other ones I had on the win 7 to work on this one. Plus, I had to use the mouse up scroll/ctrl button to enlarge the text which makes it difficult to see everthing else on the screen. Anyway...I gotta get used to it, as I said. But I sure miss my big pc. Maybe after xmas I will take it in for a new fan and hook it back up again.

Almost done bingeing Lilihammer. Then I think I will start Witcher on Netflix. Looks kinda interesting. Oh, and finished a puzzle and started a new one. This one is 300 pc. After it, I will tackle the 750 pc.

Single digits with minus signs at my place this past week. Generator is on strike, too cold to start. I've been bringing water from town for the critters. Partner came back to the cabin with the goal of having it warm when I get home from work. Winter finally came to Alaska. We're still waiting for snow, though.

Forum List

Back