USMB Coffee Shop IV

Trying again . . .

upload_2020-2-11_10-42-59.png

Mr. P was released from the Hospital on Mon. night a little after 5:00p.m.
He needs oxygen at night while sleeping and is slowly getting to lie back a little more.
He slept faily well last night.
He's so happy to be home! :)
His water pills are working.

Today his home nurse is coming by and in a few days he will have a physical therapist coming.
His MS started up and certain joints are trying to lock up. I'm having him squeeze a stress ball for his hand and he says it's helping. Can't do anything for him with the other joints acting up. like one shoulder and his legs which kick out.
Hopefully his MS will calm down in a few days, some times it does. Other times it's weeks or a few months.
His pain pills are working and he takes them only when he starts to hurt rather than every four hours like it says.
All in all with everything he is getting better each week.

He needs oxygen at night while sleeping and is slowly getting to lie back a little more.

Today his home nurse is coming by and in a few days he will have a physical therapist coming.
His MS started up and certain joints are trying to lock up. I'm having him squeeze a stress ball for his hand and he says it's helping. Can't do anything for him with the other joints acting up. like one shoulder and his legs which kick out.
Hopefully his MS will calm down in a few days, some times it does. Other times it's weeks or a few months.
His pain pills are working and he takes them only when he starts to hurt rather than every four hours like it says.

That is good news, Peach. Hoping he continues on a steady path to recovery. My mom was very sick too in the past year. I think when their immune systems are run down, they get more symptoms of the MS.

That is good news, Peach. Hoping he continues on a steady path to recovery. My mom was very sick too in the past year. I think when their immune systems are run down, they get more symptoms of the MS.

Yes they do.
In this case it was his triple bypass surgery which has triggered it, along with his water retention that started the set back. Trauma or injury like surgery will also do the same thing.

Last edited:
Thanks for your kind words and prayers for my family, all. I need to call his wife and find out if she was able to set a funeral date. .:huddle:

Sometimes it's a lot when the deceased was so young, plus he was born with problems with seizures from the cradle. My sister could not care for his extreme problems, so he was placed in a state home for children with similar defects. All I can tell you is we loved him, that he was a good person, but he had spells that included seizures early in life, and he had them throughout, although he'd often go for months with no incidents. His stress made it worse when he couldn't perform the way "normal" people do, but I was not aware of it until I was called to come and calm him down so he would go to the hospital in the ambulence. I did come, don't have a clue what my influence is, but he agreed after I told him it was important that he go so he could heal. What I didn't know is that the 9 seizures he had before I got there had taken a toll on him, and by the time the ambulence got to the hospital, he had taken a sedative to control his last seizure, but he began the process of dying apparently at that time, and expired the evening of the next day. (it was almost dark when he was taken after suffering all day. I had no idea until I took the phone call of his plight around fourish, and I dropped everything and left, saying a short prayer for safety before I got to the front gate of my farmhouse. My sister passed away 3 years ago, right after my husband died, and my nephew hid from everyone. It took me months to find him, and thought he was living with his uncle in another town. I did all I could to stay in touch with him, but he disappeared again.

Thanks for your kind words and prayers for my family, all. I need to call his wife and find out if she was able to set a funeral date. .:huddle:

Sometimes it's a lot when the deceased was so young, plus he was born with problems with seizures from the cradle. My sister could not care for his extreme problems, so he was placed in a state home for children with similar defects. All I can tell you is we loved him, that he was a good person, but he had spells that included seizures early in life, and he had them throughout, although he'd often go for months with no incidents. His stress made it worse when he couldn't perform the way "normal" people do, but I was not aware of it until I was called to come and calm him down so he would go to the hospital in the ambulence. I did come, don't have a clue what my influence is, but he agreed after I told him it was important that he go so he could heal. What I didn't know is that the 9 seizures he had before I got there had taken a toll on him, and by the time the ambulence got to the hospital, he had taken a sedative to control his last seizure, but he began the process of dying apparently at that time, and expired the evening of the next day. (it was almost dark when he was taken after suffering all day. I had no idea until I took the phone call of his plight around fourish, and I dropped everything and left, saying a short prayer for safety before I got to the front gate of my farmhouse. My sister passed away 3 years ago, right after my husband died, and my nephew hid from everyone. It took me months to find him, and thought he was living with his uncle in another town. I did all I could to stay in touch with him, but he disappeared again.
Prayers up for you, Beau. [Hugs]

Today I attended a health assessment on my lungs. The new laws concerning welding came into effect at the start of the year, all employees who do welding must by law be medically tested.
My test results were pretty conclusive, the doctor commented I have the lungs of a much younger man by 20years.
Cordell Walker is always strong :D ;)

You mean the movie character?

But welcome to the Coffee Shop Corazon. Your profile says you're in the Philippines? If so I believe you are the first to visit here from that country but we are pleased that you did. You'll find a very eclectic group here, but all worth getting to know. Be sure to read over the opening post to see what we're all about here, and then keep joining right in.

First timers to the Coffee Shop receive a complimentary beverage and since I doubt you're experiencing much cold weather there, I'll make it a cool one. :)

wimbledon-cocktail-103538_L.jpg

This one is for ChrisL :)

giphy.gif

:lol: That is so funny!

This video has been going around for years now, but is still one of my favorites. I have never thought of rabbits as docile creates since I saw it. :) (I figure the snake was too close to her next with little ones maybe.)

Wild rabbits are not as friendly as domesticated ones. I had a wild rabbit as a pet years ago. She was not too friendly. I got bit too. She wanted to go in my room and I tried to nudge her out of the way with my foot, and she latched right on, and I had to almost pry her off. Drew blood too. So yeah, I think wild rabbits are much more aggressive and would definitely defend themselves and their nests from predators.

Hi all. Wanted to share some more pics from my slowly but surely bath remodel.

Zm3Gm-YWtXg8WT7ZwVJhHPliKUatASQerkJ7Pp7c9_qsjdapfdUD1lDAWEWOSm16b4DNU2A_txzDeKJugovKdXOKHZg0Depmud_-guVjb19ivXPKDZZbklQXU8JfquWOIgyakqIYT0EE8EcClN7yZDuay8sn-ef2AvALujkUeyYEa0FQ3QdaI6rTtgVpMgFC8b1DP2-7W7sy61-MjTnlOANeRtpVurcNedpo_B3thghMhfiUC9iEQ1HRhchn5Yv1OiOMp1gN9IwA-nV0CGdUyIqBq7pEKvVplaGrwkaz0SpJP_7NogPZrgNM36lZ5qlBuZP8N2jjkW1_wCVOZE9N5QZmExrZQVlEjRtE5QRvlkfODu39RQ_4BCSmW8wkVfL1CDQpPjYkEE3CQ-U6p0Sjp1lRzOsTSu3Vk55XgDkEptnQj6mh6V2nNpJ4i78YIxiT-ATs6kMT0HmPovH7NWC349VyBo8KqphZHHQpRGaxrIZqM2AxWbhiMu7tqH3SuSyicCsy_D0oZwyYStrtMPRQFPB-oua7L-HTWYoE77OemfJ03Qbt6VRE_xskhY_gCKdfiQX-fRJRpkkGg7ETVyK3sp64cwQryMzGN4gvCr1m-fyMgRNHI-lZZRzT4F48cuG-PjNWNI5TX2oY50_IOXuWi0CIGR-IrCAFABFs_O9wVnHBAogpTXjWEqA=w636-h847-no

s8ikU_qYQm-Hhm37eq4JedHQrQlHOJZz8B6GCT3QeSid2fQl3gp3jH-wLqBhaYiHxtW6d9ElXdZ-l9olVuJkOKICfOajHZmBPLaYcKdidNzTo4C6JWBHkibnqjkT-HSfcmTDRv1PmRTVzhQ8sjAb8tI9TNtU7RknbaCIVMlaeZ1cJIPTkurq8ENunk8dk9nCc2_Z645UFzg239-4yOmEP6FKoZSA6lWk0cFLiQJsjmGmthAkC8d7wfv78U0ihzTNJYmfyBnvROcrrc5JN0Uu-7dwfyUFP4-1hB6NaFVWf3Cjgz3ibQ0fkEAo8VgOBlv_lE69DtvpYpt6O64K5y7V5ijcQZP6_IQNa3-ZyQgbd_KHzocMIozuEWSfpabiLVorbr18gN3WGwAcuDAn06cV6vct5jateE5OY8vV1TkV7NDm1bRjnEQlKibBNSDTDhg0uX7zp0zSa3E_VNgGhfzEG69t5Qz8bCGQIxqRSgLipVRbu_DS-QPdkTiv8oxO6WbgxvlZG5run1OI6ZR9cBcKoszCVCYjX8n0u9k24aBk42C6BfDNYMf9GSea0RHDZ_ZSwawOWV54A98odtpTIyrnqc0cTo5ThqGSNZyYhwiKjcOPjNkFZVrSDVx3jzilizzMz3vz4dBC9-q8YZM9yld_wZc0JYcJ6R1Fyc5JxW95vmXmA1IhWlzU06E=w636-h847-no

As you can see I still have a ways to go.

Are you tiling the whole bathroom? You need a cabinet for under the sink.
The tiling is all done. I have to skim the walls to smooth them out, put in baseboard, replace the window and door trim, paint the ceiling and walls, paint the wooden shelving unit on the left, build a vanity and build some storage behind the door. Pretty much everything will be white because there is already too much pattern, the wife chose the floor tile..........., I wanted Sausalito tile.
The vanity is going to be modern probably similar to this one but we're considering a square basin sink.
iu

I will move the medicine cabinet to the small side wall and replace it with a large mirror. There is also a door (closed off) leading from the master bedroom which I will remove and convert the open space to shallow storage.

Zm3Gm-YWtXg8WT7ZwVJhHPliKUatASQerkJ7Pp7c9_qsjdapfdUD1lDAWEWOSm16b4DNU2A_txzDeKJugovKdXOKHZg0Depmud_-guVjb19ivXPKDZZbklQXU8JfquWOIgyakqIYT0EE8EcClN7yZDuay8sn-ef2AvALujkUeyYEa0FQ3QdaI6rTtgVpMgFC8b1DP2-7W7sy61-MjTnlOANeRtpVurcNedpo_B3thghMhfiUC9iEQ1HRhchn5Yv1OiOMp1gN9IwA-nV0CGdUyIqBq7pEKvVplaGrwkaz0SpJP_7NogPZrgNM36lZ5qlBuZP8N2jjkW1_wCVOZE9N5QZmExrZQVlEjRtE5QRvlkfODu39RQ_4BCSmW8wkVfL1CDQpPjYkEE3CQ-U6p0Sjp1lRzOsTSu3Vk55XgDkEptnQj6mh6V2nNpJ4i78YIxiT-ATs6kMT0HmPovH7NWC349VyBo8KqphZHHQpRGaxrIZqM2AxWbhiMu7tqH3SuSyicCsy_D0oZwyYStrtMPRQFPB-oua7L-HTWYoE77OemfJ03Qbt6VRE_xskhY_gCKdfiQX-fRJRpkkGg7ETVyK3sp64cwQryMzGN4gvCr1m-fyMgRNHI-lZZRzT4F48cuG-PjNWNI5TX2oY50_IOXuWi0CIGR-IrCAFABFs_O9wVnHBAogpTXjWEqA=w636-h847-no

s8ikU_qYQm-Hhm37eq4JedHQrQlHOJZz8B6GCT3QeSid2fQl3gp3jH-wLqBhaYiHxtW6d9ElXdZ-l9olVuJkOKICfOajHZmBPLaYcKdidNzTo4C6JWBHkibnqjkT-HSfcmTDRv1PmRTVzhQ8sjAb8tI9TNtU7RknbaCIVMlaeZ1cJIPTkurq8ENunk8dk9nCc2_Z645UFzg239-4yOmEP6FKoZSA6lWk0cFLiQJsjmGmthAkC8d7wfv78U0ihzTNJYmfyBnvROcrrc5JN0Uu-7dwfyUFP4-1hB6NaFVWf3Cjgz3ibQ0fkEAo8VgOBlv_lE69DtvpYpt6O64K5y7V5ijcQZP6_IQNa3-ZyQgbd_KHzocMIozuEWSfpabiLVorbr18gN3WGwAcuDAn06cV6vct5jateE5OY8vV1TkV7NDm1bRjnEQlKibBNSDTDhg0uX7zp0zSa3E_VNgGhfzEG69t5Qz8bCGQIxqRSgLipVRbu_DS-QPdkTiv8oxO6WbgxvlZG5run1OI6ZR9cBcKoszCVCYjX8n0u9k24aBk42C6BfDNYMf9GSea0RHDZ_ZSwawOWV54A98odtpTIyrnqc0cTo5ThqGSNZyYhwiKjcOPjNkFZVrSDVx3jzilizzMz3vz4dBC9-q8YZM9yld_wZc0JYcJ6R1Fyc5JxW95vmXmA1IhWlzU06E=w636-h847-no

The tiling is all done. I have to skim the walls to smooth them out, put in baseboard, replace the window and door trim, paint the ceiling and walls, paint the wooden shelving unit on the left, build a vanity and build some storage behind the door. Pretty much everything will be white because there is already too much pattern, the wife chose the floor tile..........., I wanted Sausalito tile.
The vanity is going to be modern probably similar to this one but we're considering a square basin sink.
iu

I will move the medicine cabinet to the small side wall and replace it with a large mirror. There is also a door (closed off) leading from the master bedroom which I will remove and convert the open space to shallow storage.

Ooo. That's nice. A little too modern for me, but really nice nonetheless. :113:

iu

Ooo. That's nice. A little too modern for me, but really nice nonetheless. :113:
With all the pattern already in the bathroom we decided sleek modern would be best. It's also why I'm skimming out the textured walls. My original plan was to paint the walls a bright yellow and put in a Mexican drop in sink with a rustic wash stained (southwest) vanity. The wife's choice of floor tile changed all of that.

iu

With all the pattern already in the bathroom we decided sleek modern would be best. It's also why I'm skimming out the textured walls. My original plan was to paint the walls a bright yellow and put in a Mexican drop in sink with a rustic wash stained (southwest) vanity. The wife's choice of floor tile changed all of that.

A nice really light gray color for the walls would look nice with your new decor.

iu

A nice really light gray color for the walls would look nice with your new decor.
I hate grey....... It's the new beige.........

Forum List

Back