USMB Coffee Shop IV

Looks like Mr. P is finally getting better and stronger each day.
These last 2 weeks was hard on him, as well as me.
He could only get short naps during the day and only an hour or two during the whole night.
He had to sleep in a tripod position while I stayed up most of the nights, catching him from slowly rolling off of chair toward and onto the floor.
As of yesterday he has not needed any oxygen! Yeah! We are seeing progress.
We both have gotten good sleep for a couple of nights now.
Poor Mr. P was in a real battle for his life this past 4 weeks, but like he always has done he gets through it.
The man has a phenomenal will to live is all I can say. :)

Last edited:
He could only get short naps during the day and only an hour or two during the whole night.
He had to sleep in a tripod position while I stayed up most of the nights, catching him from slowly rolling off of chair toward and onto the floor.
Poor Mr. P was in a real battle for his life this past 4 weeks, but like he always has done he gets through it.

Dr Hossfly prescribes one (1) La-Z-Boy recliner for Mr.P.

86704180_2633977833378818_4243009212604481536_n[1].jpg

He does have one. :)
The problem was he could not recline in it.
He had to sleep sitting up.
I got one of those adjustable foam wedges for the bed. He keeps trying it and thinks by Friday or Sat. he will be able to lay back by then and start sleeping in the bed again.
He still is coughing up fluid but is getting better.

I got one of those adjustable foam wedges for the bed. He keeps trying it and thinks by Friday or Sat. he will be able to lay back by then and start sleeping in the bed again.

I'm glad things are looking up Peach .. they opened up my ribs and drained my chest cavity for 5 days before I could leave, so I can't quite relate.

I'm sorry it's still tough on the both of you All the best and prayers Peach..

I'm glad things are looking up Peach .. they opened up my ribs and drained my chest cavity for 5 days before I could leave, so I can't quite relate.

Yes I'm certain you can relate, thank you.

Poor Mr. P Is not only fighting CHF and is deprived of sleep, but his MS and type 2 diabetes.
He has lost 20 pounds since his surgery but this put him to the weight that he wanted so he is very happy about that.:)
They took him off of his diabetic med he had been taken for years.
The new combo of drugs he is on will eventually even his sugar levels out but right now I'm managing by diet which is new to both of us.

We saw his heart Doc. Tue. and he said that he is doing good.
The goal is to try and get more of his heart working from 24% to 30% working capacity.
This afternoon we have an appt. to go to his vein surgeon and well see what he says today also.
Then Mon. he goes to see the guy that does his pacemaker , defib. to make sure it is working properly.

I went to the ER from work tonight. I'd had a few episodes of pretty severe abdominal pain, and some blood in my urine. I have a kidney stone, yay me! I have prescriptions to pick up for it, which I plan to do after my appointment at the dentist tomorrow for my next crown. Oh, and I also chipped a tooth at work on Monday. I guess 45 is my age to start really feeling my age. :lol:

Oh my. So sorry Montro. Hope the episode is short lived. The chipped tooth should be covered by work comp though.
The chipped tooth is not an issue apparently. I did it eating lunch, not sure why work comp would cover it.

Well yeah. If you employer did not furnish the lunch, you probably aren't covered. If your employer did furnish lunch, however, as part of your compensation, then you are. (I've had an extremely eclectic working career including being a work comp adjuster for awhile.)

Yes I'm certain you can relate, thank you.

Poor Mr. P Is not only fighting CHF and is deprived of sleep, but his MS and type 2 diabetes.
He has lost 20 pounds since his surgery but this put him to the weight that he wanted so he is very happy about that.:)
They took him off of his diabetic med he had been taken for years.
The new combo of drugs he is on will eventually even his sugar levels out but right now I'm managing by diet which is new to both of us.

We saw his heart Doc. Tue. and he said that he is doing good.
The goal is to try and get more of his heart working from 24% to 30% working capacity.
This afternoon we have an appt. to go to his vein surgeon and well see what he says today also.
Then Mon. he goes to see the guy that does his pacemaker , defib. to make sure it is working properly.

Just reading this, I realize our problems are small in comparison. I can't imagine the stress of keeping up with it all--him going through it and you, his primary care taker who no doubt has it all on your mind 24/7. You guys stay on my critical prayer list for the immediate future.

85 degrees yesterday. In February. Today, it got to 75 by 9am. :102:
26 Celsius degrees here in Manila (which means 78 Fahrenheit degrees) :smile:

Wow. Pleasant temps there for sure, Corazon. Not so pleasant for Gracie's area in California though. We aren't supposed to be in the high 70's and mid 80's in February unless we are in the very deep south here.

It’s been a very tough cold day today, it’s snowed around lunch time, it rained earlier and with it a biting wind to chill it up even colder. Twice today I had to put my hands under a hot water tap to thaw out.
This evening I shall be going out for a pint, lock up your Wives and daughters . :)

Apparently these inflatable trousers are becoming quite the conversation in the fashion world. Now honestly, would you wear these????

f6370a90-58a2-11ea-bead-187519ff89bb

Forum List

Back