USMB Coffee Shop IV

Was outside just now to have a cig. Almost 2am. 95 degrees. Tomorrow it will be 109 and stay that way from 109 to 110 for another week. And with blackouts because everyone is home instead of at work. Wearing masks. Sigh.
Gonna be some deaths with this horrid heat wave.
COME ON WINTER!!!
Gracie, you know not to worry, no one will die of the heat...

Well, the poor, crippled kid that my partner was hoarding has moved on to greener pastures. I could not longer bear watching her thrash around and stare forlornly into the sky. No legs and no hope of a normal goat life. But she's gone now. Of course, the partner remains dumb on the subject. He usually ignores the "ugly" in life. I think he dumped the corpse somewhere far to close and this might attract bears this time of year. At least the poor animal will no longer suffer someone's arrogance and ignorance.

Was outside just now to have a cig. Almost 2am. 95 degrees. Tomorrow it will be 109 and stay that way from 109 to 110 for another week. And with blackouts because everyone is home instead of at work. Wearing masks. Sigh.
Gonna be some deaths with this horrid heat wave.
COME ON WINTER!!!

Amen to that though we're not having to deal with blackouts. Yet. Any of the fires close to you Gracie?
No. It's a big circle around us....all about an hour or more away. Except for Oroville. Thats only half an hour but I think its pretty much semi under control. Still, the sky is yellow brown, eyes are stinging and its bringing back some bad memories. At least there are more exits here than in Paradise. But being in a ring of fires....there really is nowhere TO go. There is a small lake 2 blocks away. If worst comes to worse, I will just drive in it and stay in the shallow end. I think its only about 6 to 10 feet deep. Splash the shit out of my car and stay in the water cuz can't escape anywhere with all of Cali burning.

Some interesting photos.

Do you see the bicyclist in the Tour de France logo?
1597935602188.png

Did you ever notice that arrow on the Amazon Logo? And what it signifies?
1597935700647.png

What do you see in the Pittsburgh Zoo logo other than a tree?

1597935815192.png

Last edited:
Quiet day here with sister asthma making me cough. Love to all who come here. It was good to read posts this evening.

We have a fire going in the Santa Fe National Forest not all that far from us though it presents no danger to us. But the smoke has been bad all week and is bad for a lot of folks. Poor Aunt Betty has been coughing terribly.

Letting everyone know I'm still alive.
One of my brothers just left a while ago headed back home to Kansas. He came down to give me company for a few days besides we hadn't seen each other in a couple of years. We both enjoyed each others company and he helped (pushed) me to get a couple things done around the house. I'm the oldest of four, he's number #3, retired 1st Sergent with the Armored Cavalry with one tour in Serbia (Un/Nato forces) and 2 tours in Iraq. He had some wild stories to tell........
Helped a lot.

Letting everyone know I'm still alive.
One of my brothers just left a while ago headed back home to Kansas. He came down to give me company for a few days besides we hadn't seen each other in a couple of years. We both enjoyed each others company and he helped (pushed) me to get a couple things done around the house. I'm the oldest of four, he's number #3, retired 1st Sergent with the Armored Cavalry with one tour in Serbia (Un/Nato forces) and 2 tours in Iraq. He had some wild stories to tell........
Helped a lot.

Sounds good Ringel. I was hoping at least some in your family would give you love and support.

Been trying to keep myself busy since my brother left, like I said he pulled me out of my funk and I have no intention on going back down there. In a way it almost feels a little sacrilegious not heavily mourning her passing but I'm still mourning just not letting that mourning drag me down. When he showed up he brought a Hawken Rifle kit that he got as part of his inheritance and never opened, opened it up the second day he was here and saw my dad had indeed finished it. I just had to do a little filing and wood shaving to get the barrel to fit back in properly.
Also sold the weight bench and free weights today to a couple of girls, they were happy to have it considering it's a high quality competition style bench with 200 pounds of weight and two bars with other sundry items. Had to take the bench apart for them to get it in their SUV. They'll be coming back to get the tread mill which I can't use besides I still have my universal weight machine and my stationary recliner bike.
Right now I'm just tired from doing all that stuff today, will get back to it tomorrow.

Been trying to keep myself busy since my brother left, like I said he pulled me out of my funk and I have no intention on going back down there. In a way it almost feels a little sacrilegious not heavily mourning her passing but I'm still mourning just not letting that mourning drag me down. When he showed up he brought a Hawken Rifle kit that he got as part of his inheritance and never opened, opened it up the second day he was here and saw my dad had indeed finished it. I just had to do a little filing and wood shaving to get the barrel to fit back in properly.
Also sold the weight bench and free weights today to a couple of girls, they were happy to have it considering it's a high quality competition style bench with 200 pounds of weight and two bars with other sundry items. Had to take the bench apart for them to get it in their SUV. They'll be coming back to get the tread mill which I can't use besides I still have my universal weight machine and my stationary recliner bike.
Right now I'm just tired from doing all that stuff today, will get back to it tomorrow.

Busy is the best. I am sure Kat is pleased you are moving on and doing well. Mourning is necessary but not forever.

What's the Hawken? GP? TC? Shoot that, it will put a smile on your face breaking Popsicle sticks at 100 yards :)

Hello ringel05, you are not alone, we are there for you and we think of you in its difficult moments.

Busy is the best. I am sure Kat is pleased you are moving on and doing well. Mourning is necessary but not forever.

What's the Hawken? GP? TC? Shoot that, it will put a smile on your face breaking Popsicle sticks at 100 yards :)
It's an Investarms, sold under the name Lyman these days. I also want to get back to work on my 1750s Tulle (Fusil de Chasse) kit.

Forum List

Back