USMB Coffee Shop IV

We have eggs for dinner once or twice a week. My fav is to make a big omelette - with each half being customized. Mr. boe's is cheddar, ham, onions and peppers. Mine is gruyere cheese and sauteed mushrooms. Most of the time we do soft scrambled eggs.
Neither of us think omelet for breakfast though we both like them. I should think of them more often.

It's such an easy way to make the eggs more special.

I also like to make a chili relleno casserole once in awhile - with fresh roasted poblanos. So good@
Yum. New Mexico is home of some of the world's finest green chili and we scramble it into eggs with salt and pepper. Add some seasoned potato pieces, bacon or sausage or ham bits, onion, grated cheddar or Mexican cheese and salsa, wrap it all in a large warm tortilla and you have a great breakfast.

Yum. New Mexico is home of some of the world's finest green chili and we scramble it into eggs with salt and pepper. Add some seasoned potato pieces, bacon or sausage or ham bits, onion, grated cheddar or Mexican cheese and salsa, wrap it all in a large warm tortilla and you have a great breakfast.

or Dinner!

I ordered some leaf lard that is supposed to arrive today. Excellent for buttermilk biscuits and pie crust. I wish I could find it at a local store. The one place that had it went out of business. :(

I ordered some leaf lard that is supposed to arrive today. Excellent for buttermilk biscuits and pie crust. I wish I could find it at a local store. The one place that had it went out of business. :(
So what is leaf lard? I'm not familiar at all with that. (I have to confess that I rarely make pie crust any more since the store bought crusts are really good. Okay, so I do have a wee bit of a lazy streak now and then. :)

I do make a mean buttermilk biscuit though I use just whatever lard is on sale at the time and, if I don't have any, butter works pretty well.

So what is leaf lard? I'm not familiar at all with that.

It's super white lard. It doesn't have the smell that standard lard does. It is awesome for baking.

It's super white lard. It doesn't have the smell that standard lard does. It is awesome for baking.

Just checked it out and yes it is considered the finest lard. Also on Amazon pricey. But sometimes buying the best is worth it. Don't know if our local market has it. I'll look when I go to the grocery store this afternoon.

Going to the grocery store this afternoon. :( (Pray for me.)

I love conversing on the firearm boards I'm on........ However they all are mostly family friendly with one being specifically anal retentive. I've already been temp banned once on the forum......... Gotta keep in mind it's not the USMB........ :rofl:

I love conversing on the firearm boards I'm on........ However they all are mostly family friendly with one being specifically anal retentive. I've already been temp banned once on the forum......... Gotta keep in mind it's not the USMB........ :rofl:
The USMB is more than enough negativity for me these days.

It's also helping me be much more creative in my snarky replies..... Can't come across as insulting......... :lol:
Changing minds is an effort in futility but I do enjoy posting with members like you that retain their sense of humor. Although, it’s been quite a while since you and I crossed wordy swords.

Changing minds is an effort in futility but I do enjoy posting with members like you that retain their sense of humor. Although, it’s been quite a while since you and I crossed wordy swords.
I don't try changing minds I simply snark on the truly mind locked, clueless and/or fan boi types. This would be a "friendly" discussion between 1911 and Glock fan bois..........

S8cE9E.gif

Just had a guy telling someone not to buy those "Turkish" shotguns but buy Remington or Mossberg instead........ I asked him if that include the Turkish made Mossberg SA-20 and SA-28 shotguns? Or any of the other high quality Turkish shotguns that CZ imports and brands or the highly reputable, quality made Hatsan and Stoeger brands? ;)

I don't try changing minds I simply snark on the truly mind locked, clueless and/or fan boi types. This would be a "friendly" discussion between 1911 and Glock fan bois..........

S8cE9E.gif

Just had a guy telling someone not to buy those "Turkish" shotguns but buy Remington or Mossberg instead........ I asked him if that include the Turkish made Mossberg SA-20 and SA-28 shotguns? Or any of the other high quality Turkish shotguns that CZ imports and brands or the highly reputable, quality made Hatsan and Stoeger brands? ;)
Two of my son-in-laws are previous Marines (always marines) and the other is into law enforcement. They have great discussions on firearms but I just keep their beers supplied.

I stopped being interested in firearms after I killed a few animals (wimpy I guess) but my wife and son (post Army) love their weapons.

My wife hates mushrooms.. how could anyone hate mushrooms? Otherwise, she’s way better than normal.
My kitchen is something of a science lab cooking for those with really bad GERD, celiac (gluten intolerance), IBS, diabetics, various allergies, those severely salt restricted, those on special custom diets, and every once in awhile a vegetarian or vegan. But the most difficult are those that don't like this or don't like that and trying to juggle it all and still put a decent meal on the table.

I've gotten really good at it though. :)

My kitchen is something of a science lab cooking for those with really bad GERD, celiac (gluten intolerance), IBS, diabetics, various allergies, those severely salt restricted, those on special custom diets, and every once in awhile a vegetarian or vegan. But the most difficult are those that don't like this or don't like that and trying to juggle it all and still put a decent meal on the table.

I've gotten really good at it though. :)
I’ll think of you as Saint Lady Foxfyre from now on.

I’m semi-gifted with patience and generally don’t mind the challenges and complications people come up with but at certain point my nice guy kinda disappears, luckily, my wife takes over and she also has saintly patience.

Then again .. when she does lose her years of volcano’d patience I’ve learned that it’s not a great time to smile or laugh.😄 (It’s not my fault that it’s cute and out of character)

Last edited:
I’ll think of you as Saint Lady Foxfyre from now on.

I’m semi-gifted with patience and generally don’t mind the challenges and complications people come up with but at certain point my nice guy kinda disappears, luckily, my wife takes over and she also has saintly patience.

Then again .. when she does lose her years of volcano’d patience I’ve learned that it’s not a great time to smile or laugh.😄 (It’s not my fault that it’s cute and out of character)
Oh my goodness Lumpy I am so far from being a saint, If I was Catholic the Church would have to ordain a bunch more priests just to hear my confessions, LOL. I do like a challenge though and that's how I approach preparing meals for picky people and those with special needs. But my patience can wear thin too at times especially when others are acting like asses in my opinion. I would like to think I always do the right thing, but sometimes I don't. I would like to think I always strive for excellence but in fact I sometimes settle for good enough or 'oh well.' I would like to think I am competent in what I do and I am. . .until I screw up :)

Forum List

Back