USMB Coffee Shop IV

Good Morning Jake !!!!!!!!! :)

What does everyone think of the new forum software conversion coming up in 60 to 90 days
I think it's going to be great, I like the new features that we will have, especially being able to multi quote.

The ballast in my hold is well balanced, compartmentalized, and the keel floats fairly stable in the heaviest of seas.

I am sure we will like it.

This is how I feel this morning.....

webfavor-2466097.jpg

Back from the gym and walking. Are you awake yet?

Good morning all. Carly and I fell asleep on the sofa again last night and I failed to post the vigil list. But no changes since the last one. Beautiful Sunday morning. Did anybody have a chance to see the super moon (perigee) last night? Biggest and brightest one for 2014.

What it looked like rising over Albuquerque last night:

154992-e59b6.jpg

Good morning all. Carly and I fell asleep on the sofa again last night and I failed to post the vigil list. But no changes since the last one. Beautiful Sunday morning. Did anybody have a chance to see the super moon (perigee) last night? Biggest and brightest one for 2014.

154992-e59b6.jpg

Yeah, just before I went to bed. We had a lot of little puffy clouds though.

154992-e59b6.jpg

I wasn't able to see it. It's been cloudy here for about a week and a half. :mad:

On this day in history, August 11, 3114 BC, the Mesoamerican Long Count calendar, used by several pre-Columbian Mesoamerican civilizations, notably the Mayans, began. While it is interesting that historians and archeologists (and probably some mathematicians) cracked the code and figured out how to read the calendar and translated it to our more familiar calendar cyles, my not-all-that-mathematically-inclined brain doesn't fully understand it. Plus there is the problem that I'm not all that interested in learning it. :) But the calendar spans more than five millenia mysteriously (to some) ending on December 21, 2012. It was widely speculated that this was prophecy and the world would end on that day. But we're still here so I think we're okay for now.

th

154992-e59b6.jpg

I totally forgot about it. My son told us he was getting married, the moon was forgotten in the excitement

154992-e59b6.jpg

yes, thanks for reminding me. i took a bunch of pictures but they are on my computer at home. i will post later. but i did manage to get a video and posted it on yourtube last night. this was actually from Saturday night. i have another from last night as well. it was a little cloudy though. whats interesting if you watch this, you can actually see the moon traveling

Last edited by a moderator:

154992-e59b6.jpg

I totally forgot about it. My son told us he was getting married, the moon was forgotten in the excitement

Well are congratulations in order?

154992-e59b6.jpg

Well are congratulations in order?
Absolutely! She is a delight and he is a good catch, if I do say so myself. They are madly in love, its wonderful to see him so happy

Caffeineloading_zpsaee613b1.png

Good morning, everyone, and lovely Monday to you!

Today's choice: ATHLETES drinking Coffee.

Person No. 1:

Caffeine-article.jpg

Caffeine 101 | MaxForm

"Athletes" .... reminds me of this -
ESPN viewers will be familiar with John Kruk. Kruk's excellent hand/eye coordination made him a great hitter but svelte he's never been --- he was a notoriously chunky beer-swilling redneck type. One night he was in a restaurant, chowing down and smoking a cigarette. A woman recognized him, came over and berated him, crowing that an athlete shouldn't be smoking cigarettes and should keep himself in better shape.

Kruk shot back, "I ain't an athlete, lady --- I'm a baseball player".

This is how I feel this morning.....

webfavor-2466097.jpg

I can sympathize. I opened up at noon yesterday and closed up at 2AM. THEN, we did beer and liquor inventory plus all the cleaning, restocking etc. Counting beer still in cases is easy for a sleep deprived old fart, but hauling 600 or so bottles out of the cooler, counting them and restocking is not so easy.

Good news is out of the roughly 2,000 bottles of beer in stock, we were short 1 bottle of Miller Lite and over 1 Bud Lite. Hmmm, ya suppose operator error there?

Anyway, I left Doc's at 4:20 and will be back to open at 1. Gotta set up for poker as well, plus hit the bank, post office, Liquor store, and one more.... Oh bloody Mary mix at the wholesale place.

Oh the wife is off today, but I need to run an errand for her too. Hmm 10 to noon and I am dressed but really nowhere near ready to cope.

6 months ago, I was retired. Now, I'm just tired.

But I love it!

154992-e59b6.jpg

I know that spot, but isn't that looking west?

Forum List

Back