USMB Coffee Shop IV

So... now my mother has been complaining about a "sore stomach," and some younger woman doctor thought she was just going to give her some anti acid medicine and send her home for a month to see how that goes. Well, my father complained of a sore stomach and was dead three weeks later, so my younger sister took my mother back to the hospital today and explained that waiting a month not knowing what is causing her sore stomach was totally unacceptable. So they did an x-ray and found a "lump" in her stomach, but, they don't know what it is, so she's to have a CAT scan Wednesday. Of course I'm thinking well... here we go again... :(

Keeping your mom and you in my prayers.:smiliehug:

baby-good-night.jpg

So... now my mother has been complaining about a "sore stomach," and some younger woman doctor thought she was just going to give her some anti acid medicine and send her home for a month to see how that goes. Well, my father complained of a sore stomach and was dead three weeks later, so my younger sister took my mother back to the hospital today and explained that waiting a month not knowing what is causing her sore stomach was totally unacceptable. So they did an x-ray and found a "lump" in her stomach, but, they don't know what it is, so she's to have a CAT scan Wednesday. Of course I'm thinking well... here we go again... :(
Wishing your mom the best, 007. My prayers are with you and your mom.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007

Glad you got that second opinion. Hopefully it isn't serious - in any case, its good it was discovered now. I hope your mother will be okay - keep us posted.

Ah shit! Just heard Robin Williams was found dead, 63 years old. Regardless of ones politics Robin was one of the funniest actors that ever lived.

I didn't think he was funny, but he was very talented as a dramatic actor in my view.

RIP

I didn't think he was that funny either....his last TV program started out funny then just got plain silly and slapstick....we quit watching. I think they took it off.

But, he was a good actor some time back....Mrs. Doubtfire was a hoot!

Sorry to hear about his death.

Sorry to hear that 007, hope they find out what is is and take care of it without any serious problems to your mom.

Good night darlinks. I love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for
Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Sunshine,
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Sheila’s friend Shirley,
Spoonie, Ringel, and Sheila's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
BDBoop, her sis, and family,
Hombre,
Pix,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Sheila and son Andrew,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj and Nana,
Sheila's sore foot post surgery healing,
Stat's aunt,
Complete healing for Mrs. Ringel and assurance for Ringel,
Wellness for BBD,
007's mom,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
All who are dealing with colds and flu,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is on awaiting the return of Oddball, Sunshine, and Becki.

And RIP Robin Williams.

candle.gif

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

Had the old Craftsman 19.2 Volt ion battery drills for the longest time. The one old one and the relatively new one sat in storage with six batteries for two years...... The batteries are bad. So I went to Sears (yup they have a small store here in Podunk) for new batteries..... came home with a new Craftsman 20 Volt Lithium-ion Bolt-On. Newer, better technology, lighter drill with multiple tool attachments for $15 more than two replacement ion batteries.
Anyone need a lightly used 19.2 Volt Craftsman drill....... :eusa_whistle:

Craftsman-Bolt-OnPower-Tools-1.jpg

I got rid of all my battery operated tools. As little as i was using them I had to charge them for each job....SO for a ten minute project it took 4 hours or more... I bought plug ins and now a ten minute project only takes 15 minutes...(A little slower these days..)

I got rid of my cheap battery operated tools and switched to the professional models. Cost a little more but they are always there when you need them. I do have an electric drill because there is nothing that can beat it when you are on a heavy duty project but for most things it is overkill and the time it takes to set up the extension cables and put them away again isn't worth it.

Glad your sister decided to override the doctor and have your mother tested. Hopefully you will have a diagnosis on Wednesday and be able to start the healing process. You and your mother are in my thoughts for a positive outcome.

Good morning all. Carly and I fell asleep on the sofa again last night and I failed to post the vigil list. But no changes since the last one. Beautiful Sunday morning. Did anybody have a chance to see the super moon (perigee) last night? Biggest and brightest one for 2014.

What it looked like rising over Albuquerque last night:

154992-e59b6.jpg

I know that spot, but isn't that looking west?

Possible. We had a thunder boomer come through last night and it probably did obscure the view in most of the city--so that could be the setting moon. I honestly don't know.

We sat out with the neighbors and watched the super moon. It was pretty and red early on then it got lighter and very bright throughout the night.

It was pretty but the company was so fun too.

We also got rain all day yesterday, a very hard downpour. It's been so dry, when we were sitting outside watching the moon a branch of the tree just dropped right off. Hoping enough of that water soaked in so the poor trees could have a good drink.

Wait. Who said anything about money?

:wtf:

:D

I happened to have a whole bunch of ones I was counting one day at work and a guy walked by me and said that's a lot of cabbage.

If you have a wallet that's stuffed but with a lot of ones, it doesn't necessarily mean you're wealthy rather that you have a lot of cabbage. :D

Denomination matters.
*chuckling*

Yep...but he said a fat wallet. Said nothing about it being fat with money....After all, he should know I don't have any money.

I'm married!

:D

BTW.....How is it that you just 'happen' to have a bunch of ones?

I knew someone was going to ask that, just didn't think it would be you my friend. :D

Ah shit! Just heard Robin Williams was found dead, 63 years old. Regardless of ones politics Robin was one of the funniest actors that ever lived.

His brain must have gone a million miles a minute.

One of those people I'd like to meet over dinner and a discussion.

He always had a kind of sad look on his face. Laughing on the outside, crying on the inside. Even looking at his photos on these threads you can see that sad side to him.

Forum List

Back