USMB Coffee Shop IV

I grabbed a low-fat blueberry muffin from the DD drive-thru on the way to work...no, I didn't get any coffee because I never touch the stuff.:eusa_shhh: Anyway, I get to my office and start enjoying my muffin, and after only a couple bites I thought I was going to get sick.:( It was exactly the way I remember feeling when I was pregnant with my son 16 years ago.:eek: So I hung in there for a half day and then came home...I'm snuggling on the couch and very relieved that I don't have to worry about it being a possibility.:D

Another noncoffee drinker?!?

Don't you know the rule? No muffins on the lips or hips?

Maple and brown sugar oatmeal!

No, silly...that rule only applies to chocolate chip muffins.:banana:

IMG_4105.JPG

Now don't tell me that's a low fat one...

On this day, August 12, it is the peak of the Perseid meteor shower also known as the "Glorious Twelfth" in the United Kingdom, as it marks the traditional start of the grouse shooting season.

On this day in history, August 12, 1851, Isaac Singer was granted a patent for his sewing machine that would be the first to be commercially manufactured.

ef7ba0a69905cdfd906ddbe50d2eda53.jpg

Hand sewing is an art form that is over 20,000 years old. The first sewing needles were made of bones or animal horns and the first thread was made of animal sinew. Iron needles were invented in the 14th century. The first eyed needles appeared in the 15th century.

The history of a mechanical sewing machine is long and checkered and goes back all the way to at least 1755 when a needle that would allow such a machine to work was patented, but not a machine in which it would be used. In 1790 a different inventor patented a design for a sewing machine but it is unlikely that a prototype was ever built. Over the next hundred years several other sewing machines were built but never became fully functional or economically feasible. In 1830 the first practical machine was developed but the inventor was almost killed by an angry mob fearful the machine would put all the tailors out of work. In 1846 Elias Howe built the first really functional sewing machine but elected not to patent or market it for fear it would cause unemployment. Singer had no such moral equivocation, however, and the rest, as we say, is history.

And good morning everybody. We have had a frustrating 24 hours. First one of our cell phone numbers was apparently compromised by a crook in Miami and Verizon locked our account and disabled our phones. So we go to our Comcast land lines to resolve the issue and voila, they also are not working. No phones to call out to resolve either problem. Efforts to do so via internet chats were unsuccessful.

So this morning Hombre goes to the Verizon store and is able to get my number unblocked but was required to spend most of an hour on the phone with Verizon's fraud division to get his number unblocked. But at least that is done. And then it took me quite awhile on the phone with Comcast to convince them we had done all the normal stuff--plugging and unplugging, recycling the modem, recycling the phones etc. with no results and they have now agreed to send a tech out in the morning to fix that problem.

Grrrrr!!!! What are the chances of both going out on the same day at the same time?

I grabbed a low-fat blueberry muffin from the DD drive-thru on the way to work...no, I didn't get any coffee because I never touch the stuff.:eusa_shhh: Anyway, I get to my office and start enjoying my muffin, and after only a couple bites I thought I was going to get sick.:( It was exactly the way I remember feeling when I was pregnant with my son 16 years ago.:eek: So I hung in there for a half day and then came home...I'm snuggling on the couch and very relieved that I don't have to worry about it being a possibility.:D

Clearly your mistake was going with the Low-Fat option. Embrace the Buttah!

And good morning everybody. We have had a frustrating 24 hours. First one of our cell phone numbers was apparently compromised by a crook in Miami and Verizon locked our account and disabled our phones. So we go to our Comcast land lines to resolve the issue and voila, they also are not working. No phones to call out to resolve either problem. Efforts to do so via internet chats were unsuccessful.

So this morning Hombre goes to the Verizon store and is able to get my number unblocked but was required to spend most of an hour on the phone with Verizon's fraud division to get his number unblocked. But at least that is done. And then it took me quite awhile on the phone with Comcast to convince them we had done all the normal stuff--plugging and unplugging, recycling the modem, recycling the phones etc. with no results and they have now agreed to send a tech out in the morning to fix that problem.

Grrrrr!!!! What are the chances of both going out on the same day at the same time?

This is very suspicious. I recommend that you change all of the passwords for any online accounts you have (i.e. online banking). Maybe I'm paranoid, but this doesn't feel like a coinkidink to me.

Given that a crook did compromise your cell phone number(s), it would be a good idea to ask Verizon to assign you and Hombre new cell numbers. It will be a hassle for a few weeks letting everyone know that you have a new number, however you don't want to take any chances.

Just got back from docs office. I found a strange looking mole on my right buttcheek. Actually, it is up high so it is just starting on where my buttcheek is. It's new. Never had a freckle or mole there before. So..I go to see doc just to see what he says. He says he doesn't like the look of it and is sending me to a dermatologist to have it checked further.
I know what is gonna happen. They are gonna numb it, them take a plug out. I had that done before a few years ago on my arm but it turned out to be harmless. This one? Very dark...weird shape, and something that just appeared.

Keep yer fingers crossed it's nothing.

Just got back from docs office. I found a strange looking mole on my right buttcheek. Actually, it is up high so it is just starting on where my buttcheek is. It's new. Never had a freckle or mole there before. So..I go to see doc just to see what he says. He says he doesn't like the look of it and is sending me to a dermatologist to have it checked further.
I know what is gonna happen. They are gonna numb it, them take a plug out. I had that done before a few years ago on my arm but it turned out to be harmless. This one? Very dark...weird shape, and something that just appeared.

I hope it turns out to be nothing at all....

But you realize the strain you just put Me under? Buttock and plug all in one post and I'm just to ignore that.......I could sprain a wrist by holding back what I should type.....you lady, are a cruel woman.....

:eusa_shifty::eusa_shifty::eusa_shifty:

Hopefully it's nothing, Gracie. For the vast majority of the cases, it's usually nothing to worry about. Even if it is, the docs can remove it quickly with no harm done...:)

This is very suspicious. I recommend that you change all of the passwords for any online accounts you have (i.e. online banking). Maybe I'm paranoid, but this doesn't feel like a coinkidink to me.

Well if the tech discovers that our Comcast phones have been compromised, I would agree. Otherwise it appears that the crook somehow pulled a phone number out of thin air to wangle an upgrade or some such out of an incompetent Verizon employee and he just happened to make up Hombre's phone number to do it. We still have $150 in charges on our bill that we didn't make and will have to be resolved, but I'm not going to call them about it until we have the Comcast phones working again. Otherwise I run the risk of Verizon locking our account as a precaution again and leaving us with no way to communicate with the outside world.

Given that a crook did compromise your cell phone number(s), it would be a good idea to ask Verizon to assign you and Hombre new cell numbers. It will be a hassle for a few weeks letting everyone know that you have a new number, however you don't want to take any chances.

My number wasn't compromised but if we have any further trouble, I agree. Wouldn't be any big deal for him to change numbers but I lucked out and got a dream number when I bought my first cell phone and I don't want to give it up for anything.

Just got in from Phantasialand, with little princess having fallen asleep in the car on the way back after 12 hours nonstop. Just carried her up the stairs, put her nighty-night outfit on her, placed her gently in her bed, started to walk quietly out of the room and heard: "What, no nighty-night story?!?!?!"

:rofl:

So, I told her a story and she fell asleep after about 10 sentences....

She is tuckered out.

It was a great day for an amusement park. Great weather until the last two hours, then it stormed.

I too am tuckered out...

Just got in from Phantasialand, with little princess having fallen asleep in the car on the way back after 12 hours nonstop. Just carried her up the stairs, put her nighty-night outfit on her, placed her gently in her bed, started to walk quietly out of the room and heard: "What, no nighty-night story?!?!?!"

:rofl:

So, I told her a story and she fell asleep after about 10 sentences....

She is tuckered out.

It was a great day for an amusement park. Great weather until the last two hours, then it stormed.

I too am tuckered out...

Yeah I'd wait to hear from the dermatologist before I started worrying Gracie. They'll know a lot more. I've got spots of seborrhaeic keratosis and "skin tags" all over; it runs in my family. My Irish granny had loads of 'em. Hoping it's nothing more than that.

{Edit: I just got three "502 Bad Gateway" errors in a row trying to post this. You know what that usually means....}

Morning all! Today is Julienne Fries Day.

Julienne_Fries.jpg

August 12 is National Julienne Fries Day | Foodimentary - National Food Holidays

Have a great day folks!

[MENTION=43625]Mertex[/MENTION] - what's that yellow stuff on the right...? :eusa_shifty:

Looks like la moutarde :happy-1:

Just sayin'.... :eusa_angel:

Ha! There's a hotdog hiding behind that mountain of Fries.......:lol: Just saying......:cuckoo:

[MENTION=41527]Pogo[/MENTION]

pants-on-fire.jpg

I told ya -- once you try mustard you'll never go back to that tomato/corn syrup malarkey. :puke: But you have to take the first step.

Forum List

Back