USMB Coffee Shop IV

Today's "Guess It" could be easy for some and not so easy for others. This gentleman is constructed entirely of Legos. Who is he and where is he standing? Free coffee and donuts for the person who comes up with the correct answer.

Samuel Clemens, HARTFORD, CT

Got back from clearing a bunch of stuff from out of the estate house and still have a few more things to get out later. Went by the storage shed and the guys my brother hired to move everything probably did at least $1000 damage to the furniture. Nothing was padded and stuff looked like it was tossed on top of each other........ Yeah, I'm ticked

Was watching 'Diners, Drive Ins & Dives' and saw one of these things, so, I figured it was pretty cool so I looked one up... and then about crapped when I saw the price...

pizzawheel_zps60111d03.jpg

Was watching 'Diners, Drive Ins & Dives' and saw one of these things, so, I figured it was pretty cool so I looked one up... and then about crapped when I saw the price...

2 wheel pizza cutter? I don't grok. Why isn't a single wheel pizza cutter good enough?

2 wheel pizza cutter? I don't grok. Why isn't a single wheel pizza cutter good enough?
You've never cut a pizza with a pizza wheel and not had to roll it back and forth? It makes sense you wouldn't have to do that with a two wheel cutter.

Besides, it's got cool factor.... but not enough for me to dish out what they're asking for it. I'll roll a single wheel back forth before I do that.

(What does 'grok' mean?)

Got back from clearing a bunch of stuff from out of the estate house and still have a few more things to get out later. Went by the storage shed and the guys my brother hired to move everything probably did at least $1000 damage to the furniture. Nothing was padded and stuff looked like it was tossed on top of each other........ Yeah, I'm ticked
My parents had much the same experience with the moving company that moved them back from AZ.

Sorry to hear it, pard. What company was it?

• Thanks
Reactions: Ava
My parents had much the same experience with the moving company that moved them back from AZ.

Sorry to hear it, pard. What company was it?
It wasn't a moving company, it was some guys the real estate agent recommended to my brother, who is the executor of the estate. They moved everything out of the house cleaned it and did yard work...... Pretty much sucked at all three, if we got the house, which we didn't, thanks to my brother, he was going to have them move everything back for us....... NOT........ I will call him tomorrow and tell him what a screwed up job they did all around.

Got back a little while ago from the Outer Banks. Went for my granddaughter's beach wedding. My ex had the gall to pinch my ass.

Did you enjoy it? :)

We had a blast. Those guys had the most ginormous tits!! We had a front table, and each of us had at least one of them pull our head into their bosom.:lol: After the show we headed to Clearwater to a beach resort bar with live music...we all had a Sex on the Beach and got our groove on.:banana:

Happy moment share... today I walked in my first parade. :thup:

Wife sternly encouraged me to join her and fellow employees of a local nursing home facility to parade with them in a festival.

I'm thinking "I am so hung over". She says come on... the fresh air and exercise will do you good.

We handed out candy and bottled water.

When we rounded the corner onto main street, there were hundreds of adoring people. I was now a celebrity. It was really cool. I'm hooked.

BTW- I REFUSED to throw candy, so I walked up to the kids and personally handed them each a few treats. Yeah, it was fine.

Heading to Tampa to see my first drag show. I'm not sure how I let the girls talk me into this, but I'm sure it will be a hoot.:thewave:

They are a lot of fun and often really well done. Took some coaxing to get hubby to go to one in New Orleans cause he was expecting something else. It was Old Hollywood and Broadway, though, and the voices were as phenomenal as the costumes.

So thinking that gadgets don't always make the job easier and I don't really mind taking two swipes with the pizza cutter. :) Sorry Bloodrock couldn't have had his tush pinched by somebody he wanted to do that. :) Hoping 007's back is better. Hoping Noomi is enjoying the wedding. Giving a big round of applause to Mr H :) Glad Sherry had a great time--I actually have been to one of those shows and it was really fun. And now I'm headed for bed and hope for a good night's sleep for all.

Good night darlinks. I love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Sunshine,
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Sheila’s friend Shirley,
Spoonie, Ringel, 007, and Sheila's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
BDBoop, her sis, and family,
Hombre,
Pix,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Sheila and son Andrew,
Noomi and Noomi’s Auntie Marj and Nana,
Sheila's sore foot post surgery healing,
Complete healing for Mrs. Ringel and assurance for Ringel,
007's Mom,
Pogo's aunt,
Derideo_te for comfort and healing,
Sarah G for comfort and healing,
Mrs. Ollie for a successful and problem free procedure,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
Safe travels for those traveling,
All who are dealing with colds and flu,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is on awaiting the return of Oddball, Sunshine, Jughead, and Becki.

candle.gif

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

Hmmmm Can't sleep. I was in bed by midnight, for once, but still awake at 3, 3:45, 4:20, 5:15. I finally gave up at a little after 6 and went out and saw dawn for the first time since I bought Doc's.

I figure I'm working on 2 hours sleep in 4 separate chunks. Not going to be a productive day...

Good morning Ernie. I can relate having had a couple of those kinds of nights in the last week. Sucks. But a nice nap can do wonders. Everybody must be sleeping in this morning. Having a cup of coffee or two before we go to the early church service and then to brunch. Beautiful day here but the sun is lower in the east each morning when I get up now and goes down much earlier than it used to.

• Thanks
Reactions: Ava
Good morning Ernie. I can relate having had a couple of those kinds of nights in the last week. Sucks. But a nice nap can do wonders. Everybody must be sleeping in this morning. Having a cup of coffee or two before we go to the early church service and then to brunch. Beautiful day here but the sun is lower in the east each morning when I get up now and goes down much earlier than it used to.
Yes, I slept in, too. Thanks to the stars for cooler nights and no singing birds at 3 am every morning. :lol: Fall is right around the corner and our forecast for the upcoming week is cloudy or showers and in the low 60's. I call that, a breath of fresh air, relatively speaking of course. September has been hot and humid for the most part. The highs in the 70's and 80's.

Well, a buddy of mine just called me and wants me to run him back to Madison so he can pick up a plow truck he bought, and as much as I hate to, I will, because he was the one that went with me to go get mine. You return favors to friends. I've been making great strides finishing up the front end job on my lifted GMC, and was going to work on that today. Guess those plans have changed.

I have woods to my east and the sun doesn't make it over the trees for about an hour and a half after sun up. So this morning, I'm standing on the deck and just above the trees, I can see the skinny crescent moon about 2 days from new and through a break in the trees, I can see a ray of light from the sun that was just coming over the ridge. I haven't seen dawn since the first of February, at least.

On my second cup of organic Guatemalan Estate brewed VERY strong and feel as if I may just make it through my day.

Life is good though. It looks like by the first of the year, I may just be able to take a salary.

Forum List

Back