USMB Coffee Shop IV

Checked my trail camera just now. I left them out while I was on vacation. Hope these two fellows are still around come hunting season!
OH... MY... GAWD... :eek-52:

I haven't been using my new trail camera. What the heck is wrong with me? I think I'll strap it to a tree tomorrow and see what's lurking around my back 40 in the night.

Buenos noches, senor.

Aw thanks guys. I've been trying to decide if I'm feeling a year older today. Nope. Yesterday I did. But today is okay. :)

Happy Birthday Foxie!

images

Checked my trail camera just now. I left them out while I was on vacation. Hope these two fellows are still around come hunting season!
OH... MY... GAWD... :eek-52:

I haven't been using my new trail camera. What the heck is wrong with me? I think I'll strap it to a tree tomorrow and see what's lurking around my back 40 in the night.

Buenos noches, senor.
That just reminded me, I'm going to set my trail camera out right now where I'll remember to put it up today.

Today's "Guess It" could be easy for some and not so easy for others. This gentleman is constructed entirely of Legos. Who is he and where is he standing? Free coffee and donuts for the person who comes up with the correct answer.

Attachments

• IMG_0468_face0.jpg
    IMG_0468_face0.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 79
Going to run up north aways today and take a look at this sled. Might just buy it, and put a little fun into winter...

sled_zpsb71d880b.jpg

The skunk wanted to come up on the porch after the food on the sidewalk ran out. I started to go out the front door and he decided to run away. The cats fight if I don't make a few feeding stations. I was moving slow as to not be too aggressive. Guessing eight feet is too close if a skunk wants to spray.
Eight feet is not far enough........ Skunks can spray up to 15 feet though they really can't see more than ten feet very well. I almost got nailed by one a few years back when I stepped out my front door, it was dusk and at first it looked like a large cat, then I saw the distinctive white stripe as it turned it's back end towards me...... That was the fastest I've ever moved in my life, good thing I hadn't locked the front door.......
Years back, our entire family was on a backpacking trip up in the Sierra Nevada's. We had already hiked two days in, so we were far from civilization. We had made camp for the night, finished our dinner of fresh caught trout and were just sitting around talking and relaxing as the sun went down. Suddenly my dad spoke in a hushed yet very authoritative tone, he said "Nobody move". And that was when I saw mamma skunk walking right through the middle of our campsite with five young-ling skunks following behind her. She passed through like she just didn't give a damn, this was the path she wanted to take and she didn't care if we were there. Fortunately, nobody startled her and she left without incident. I guess one of the things about being in such a remote area is that the wild animals haven't learned to fear man, thus the skunk's complete nonchalance for walking right through the middle of a six person campsite.
We immediately grabbed all our gear and moved our campsite about 100 yards away so as not to be in her path on her return trip.

As a side note, it was early August and the persied meteor shower was fantastic that year. I didn't know it at the time, but dad always scheduled our annual backpacking trips to coincide with the persied meteor shower.

Now that the expense's for my daughter's wedding have ceased, I find myself able to expand my collection of rare tribal artifacts. Yesterday, my latest item arrived.
The Dayak tribes of Borneo were a fierce and formidable people that warred often and took enemy heads (head hunting) as a sign of strength, for soil fertility, revenge, dowry, and other reasons.
My latest acquisition is a Dayak dart quiver from the late 1800's, made from bamboo and woven rattan with intricate carving on it representing the tribe and also a bird-dragon.

Dayak dart quiver.GIF

Good morning or what is left of it here in the Mountain zone all--good afternoon and evening or tomorrow morning? for everybody else. Trying to decide if I'm going to have a productive afternoon or just kick back and play. I'll decide later. :)

Hope ya'll are all having a good weekend. Hope Noomi is feeling well enough to enjoy the wedding. Wondering if Alan has a home museum? I was working in the rural White Mountains of Northern Arizona some years back and had occasion to be in the homes of a number of contractors who lived in those parts. Almost every house had a front room devoted to be a museum for photos and stuffed animals and fish as almost everybody in those parts were fishermen and hunters. The taxidermy business in that part of the world must be very lucrative indeed.

Forum List

Back